Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Scavenger + Stash  (Read 3769 times)

BubbleBoy

• Navigator
  • Did you say Black Market?!
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Scavenger + Stash
« on: September 01, 2012, 09:46:33 am »

So, at this point, just about everyone knows about the Chancellor/Stash combo, right? Well, make way for Scavenger/Stash! with just 3 Stashes and 2 Scavengers, you are guaranteed a Province every turn (assuming no hand-reducing attacks available): Just use your Scavenger to make your other Scavenger the only card in your deck, then play your Stashes, buy a Province, shuffle (putting your Stashes on top), and repeat.

The big problem with the Chancellor/Stash strategy was that you couldn't guarantee that you would get a Chancellor with your Stashes, meaning you would almost definitely NOT be able to get a Province every turn. As a result of this, it's also necessary to get 4 Stashes, just in case you end up with only 6 or 7 money after the reshuffle. Not only that, but with Chancellor, it's necessary to get a bunch of Chancellors in order to increase your chances of drawing one when you need it. However, with Scavenger, 2 and 3 Stashes is all you'll ever need.

This combo is also pretty easy to set up. Open Silver/Scavenger (or Stash/whatever), then buy Stashes when you have $5+ (or Scavengers, if you already have 3 Stashes), a Scavenger next time you have $4 (or next two times, if you din't open with one), and Silvers with $3 (or $4, if you have 2 Scavengers already). Then, once you have three Stashes and two Scavengers, use your Scavenger to make your deck a Scavenger, and begin! I imagine a player could have everything he needs by turn 7 or so, and just start cashing in.

Someone probably has already realized this, but I didn't see a post on it, so I made one myself.
...Or, I guess you could just buy a Province.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
Re: Scavenger + Stash
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 10:15:41 am »

I think people have mentioned it before, but it's still a great combo. This will probably be more game defining than IW+Gardens on boards without hand-size reducers. There is also the odd chance that you draw your second Scavenger with your Stashes, so if you get 3 4s you're totally safe.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 11:33:57 am »

There are posts on it. It is well covered. :-P

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 12:34:45 pm »
+1

I really want to see simulation results on this. Because it does seem really fast. Has Geronimoo or rspeer programmed Scavenger yet?

DaviddesJ

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 09:25:33 pm »

A similar combo is Throne Room + Scavenger.  If you build a deck with four Throne Rooms and four Scavengers, and you get Throne Room, Throne Room, Scavenger, Scavenger, then you can execute those four cards while putting the other four on top to draw next.  Probably slow, though, unless you have some way to get those cards (and also some way to get them together to start repeating the combo).

If you can get Kings Court, Kings Court, Scavenger, Scavenger, Scavenger, then you could buy a Colony every turn.  If you could get the 4x Kings Court and 6x Scavenger in your deck.

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 11:10:38 pm »

Okay, time to get Jonts over 1000 respect!  This is a weird thread to be doing it on, but let's start upvoting 8)

Young Nick

• Minion
  • Respect: +275
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 11:44:32 pm »

Okay, time to get Jonts over 1000 respect!  This is a weird thread to be doing it on, but let's start upvoting 8)

I mean I like jonts as much as the next person (that means very much), but why should we upvote him 10 more times for a comment that is hardly deserving of one? Especially compared to some of his more hilarious jokes.

But, I digress. I did play in IRL game with Scavenger and Stash and my opponents realized what was going on maybe a turn or two too late. It was fast. Really fast. Like I just stopped shuffling inbetween turns because everybody knew what was going on and merely added a Province to the discard pile.

It actually wasn't even that fun. :/

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 12:00:01 am »
+3

If anything you should go through my posts and take away upvotes. Not sure how I even got this many. I've been assuming elaborate practical joke.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 12:03:04 am »
+3

If anything you should go through my posts and take away upvotes. Not sure how I even got this many. I've been assuming elaborate practical joke.

I upvoted this post.  And then I removed it.

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 07:44:48 am »
+2

I upvoted this post.  And then I removed it.

I upvoted this post.  And kept it 8)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 08:38:36 am »
+1

ON TOPIC you really should get 3 Scavengers in this instance - you might draw both Scavengers, and then you're screwed.  Or 4 Stashes.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Dulkal

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 04:42:51 am »

You'll be stuck at 999 forever!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.