Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sherwood/Trust Fund (My Challenge #11 - Dual Type Card)  (Read 1286 times)

Tejayes

• Golem
  • Respect: +132
    • View Profile
Sherwood/Trust Fund (My Challenge #11 - Dual Type Card)
« on: August 28, 2012, 12:08:12 pm »

TRUST FUND
---
Worth $1
When you play this, gain a card costing less than this.
-
When another player plays an Attack card, you may discard this from your hand. If you do, gain a card costing less than the Attack card that is not a Trust Fund, putting it into your hand.
--
$4 - Treasure/Reaction

===

Another decent placing in this contest, so I'd like to know what can be changed to make this card better.

In reality, I just kind of threw this card together so I could submit something :). I wanted to come up with a different kind of Attack defense, but then I thought, "Doesn't it suck to have a good counter not in your hand when you need it?" That's how I came up with the gain-a-card reaction. Of course, one attack could drain the Trust Funds, so the "can't gain Trust Fund" caveat was added.

Next came what to put on the top half. I wanted a gain ability to fit with the reaction, so this had to be a Treasure. At first, it was "Worth $0; When you play this, gain a card costing up to $4." However, I didn't really want it to be able to stock up on Trust Funds so easily. Thus, it became "less than this" and the $1 was added. After I submitted it, I started thinking about its comparisons to Talisman and that, while Trust Fund doesn't have the commitment issues of Talisman, Talisman's cap at $4 instead of $3 and the fact that it combos with Bridge and Highway while Trust Fund doesn't made Talisman much stronger. I'm thinking now that I should have said "Gain a card costing up to $3." Or maybe, to better fit with the reaction, add "putting it on top of your deck."

Also, when debating a price of $4 or $5, I priced it at $4 to better provide protection against your opponent's 5/2 opening.

What do you guys think?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.