Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 34 Turns of Misery  (Read 1054 times)

Wingnut

• Golem
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
34 Turns of Misery
« on: August 27, 2012, 10:12:55 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201208/27/game-20120827-190621-f7ef1d05.html

Let's just say that this is a combination of cards I would rather not see ever again. Tournament, Ambassador, Duke, Fairgrounds, Grand Market, Village, Saboteur, Counting House, Secret Chamber and Throne Room.

The Throne Room made this thing horrible as it kept colliding with my opponents single Ambassador allowing him to keep up early on in the Ambassador war even though I had 3 Ambassadors. Then of course I had to overcome Trusty Steed and Followers once my deck was bloated. And of course my Tournaments kept getting blocked. I feel like this is the type of game why people hate both Ambassador (I ultimately won the curse split 8-2 despite Followers because I eventually did win the Ambassador war) and Tournament. To play them together with other enablers. Well, I can be happy Saboteur was never bought in this game.

hdu88

• Navigator
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
    • Youtube account
Re: 34 Turns of Misery
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:41:48 am »

First off, nice comeback! Followers really screwed your opponent over.

Ambassador/Tournament games can be extremely lopsided, even between evenly matched players. My normal strategy is to open Amb/Tournament, buy more Tournaments while thinning my deck to an acceptable level, buy Gold, buy Province, get guaranteed prizes, and spam Trusty Steed (+$2, +4 Silvers is a legit strategy, especially in a Duke game) and Bag of Gold until the Ambassador war doesn't matter. Also I might possibly get Princess to control the game better.
"He looks like he doesn't know what he's doing, and then he wins."

yudantaiteki

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +167
    • View Profile
Re: 34 Turns of Misery
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 04:28:07 am »

At least it was only 2 player...4 players and it gets ugly:

ellie plays a Hunting Party.
... drawing 1 card and getting +1 action.
... revealing 2 Coppers, an Ambassador, a Quarry, 2 Silvers, an Estate, and a Gold.
... (ellie reshuffles.)
... revealing a Copper, an Estate, a Copper, an Estate, an Estate, a Copper, an Estate, a Copper, an Estate, an Estate, a Copper, a Copper, a Copper, and a Copper.
... discarding 8 Coppers and 6 Estates.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.031 seconds with 20 queries.