Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15  All

Author Topic: Resistance III: Revenge of the Isotropic Users  (Read 31848 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Resistance III: Revenge of the Isotropic Users
« on: August 27, 2012, 12:20:26 am »

You are on a mission to save your beloved Dominion server, Isotropic. Isotropic is being shut down by the evil totalitarian government agency known as GOKO. The government, however, has placed spies in your resistance to thwart your attempts.

note: Donald X is awesome and that one line of flavor is just that, flavor

This is the thread for Resistance III, all of it (but this line and the flavor) shamelessly stolen from Tables.
Rules of Resistance

Resistance is a mafia-like game of social deduction. There are two teams - one consisting of a number of Empire Spies (between 2-4 depending on number of players), each of whom knows all the other spies - and one team of Resistance members, who know nothing but the fact that they themselves are Resistance. The Resistance are trying to overthrow the empire by conducting three successful missions - each requiring the full co-operation of everyone on the team. The spies, on the other hand, want to sabotage said missions - if they can sabotage three missions, then the Resistance crumbles and they win.

At the start of the game, the leader is randomly chosen, as well as the succession of the leader. The leader's job is to choose a team of between 2-5 operatives (depending on number of players and mission number), to attempt the next mission. After the leader proposes his team, everyone (including himself) gets to vote yes or no to that proposal. If a majority say yes, the mission goes ahead with that team. Otherwise, leadership passes to the next person in the succession (this goes in a circle - the last person passes leadership to the first person). Voting is done simultaneously - to simulate that here, all votes will be sent via PM to the mod (that's me!).

Be warned: if 5 proposals fail in a row, for any reasons (plot cards can affect this, if they are being used), then the Resistance fails due to it's lack of leadership and the spies instantly win!

If the proposal passes, then each person on the mission can choose to sabotage or support the mission. Spies have free choice in this, and while they need to sabotage to win they might support as a strategic move. Resistance members MUST support the mission. After everyone has chosen, the results are revealed. In real life, this would be done with cards which are then shuffled and revealed. Here, I only need the spies decisions, all done via PM.

If a mission has even a single sabotage*, it fails and the spies get a point. If a mission has nothing but successes, however, it passes, and the Resistance gets a point. Regardless of if a mission passes or fails, leadership moves on to the next person. Whichever team reaches three points first wins.

*The 4th mission requires TWO sabotages to fail. The mission will succeed if only one spy sabotages.

We are using the Plot Thickens plot cards variant in this game

Plot cards are a deck of 15 cards which are drawn by the leader at the start of each ROUND (that is, the very first leader of the game, and then every leader after a mission only). 2 cards are drawn each round and must be immediately distributed.

here is a picture of the plot cards. These are the following numbers of cards:

No Confidence x3
Keeping a Close Eye on You x2
Opinion Maker x2
Overheard conversation x2
Strong Leader x2
Establish Confidence
In the Spotlight
Open Up
Take Responsibility

Deadlines

For the first leader in each round, the leader will have a 5 day deadline for giving out the plot card, and a 6 day deadline running concurrently to propose a team (the plot card must be distributed first). Missing the plot card deadline will result in a random person chosen, missing the team proposal deadline will result in a random team being chosen.

For the second and onward leader in each round, the leader will have a 5 day deadline for proposing a team.

Voting will have a 2 day deadline from the team being proposed. Failure to vote will result in a no vote being cast. Voting will end early once all votes are in and I have seen them all.

Missions will have a 1 day deadline. Only spies need to submit a decision for the mission. They may submit their choice in advance with their vote for the mission. Missions will never end early unless the game will end as a result of the mission - this is to protect the spies right to think in cases they need to make a non-trivial decision (e.g. both are on a mission). In the rare case of a spy missing the submission for a mission they will default to sabotage.

I will not wait for plot cards people have in cases they can be played, with the exception of Opinion Maker (see below). If you have a plot card, please leave CO (conditional orders) for when you want to use them. If you are very likely to want to use a plot card but need to see certain results to decide on whom (this mostly applies to Keeping a Close Eye on You) I will allow you to CO for me to wait for you on that.

If/when opinion maker is in the game, I will give a minimum of 1 day for voting after the opinion maker's vote has been cast. You may still wish to CO (conditional order) your vote depending on how the opinion maker does vote.

The role PMs in this game look like this:

You are a resistance operative

You win if the resistance succeed on 3 missions. You lose if the spies sabotage 3 missions

You are a spy

The (two/three/four) spies are:
W
X
(Y)
(Z)

You win if the spies successfully sabotage 3 missions. You lose if the resistance complete 3 missions

Finally rules. Shamelessly stolen and adapted from Axxle, who stole them from Mafiascum.

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings. This includes Spies!
3. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
4: You may talk at ALL stages of the game. This means during proposals, voting, and missions. There is never a period where communication is banned.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod.
2. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography, or obscuring text in any way.
3. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
4. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
5. Please bold and double hashtag ## all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed. This includes all final actions (giving out plot cards, proposing a team, public vote if you have Opinion Maker).
6. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
7. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity.
8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

1) Glooble
2) Voltgloss
3) Robz
4) Qvist
5) Insomniac
6) Galzria
7) Ftl
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 07:17:01 pm by O »

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance III: Revenge of the Isotropic Users
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 01:43:28 am »

/in
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 09:31:53 am »

Yeah, Resistance III. I'm in.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 11:32:27 am »

In.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 11:45:05 am »

Having read the first two of these, I think I'd like to try my hand at Resistance.  In.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 01:06:39 pm »

In unless I get bumped off the list by others wanting to play. Don't mind sitting this one out to allow others to play.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 02:52:28 pm »

How many players will this be?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 03:31:59 pm »

How many players will this be?

R1 was 6 and R2 was 7 so probably that area
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 04:13:45 pm »

5-10, most likely settling in at 6-8 (9 is really unbalanced in favor of the resistance, 7 is supposed to be unbalanced in favor of the spies but apparently forum spies here need all the help they can get.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 04:34:34 pm »

In!

I'm dead in RMM2 and Cosmic Encounter just ended.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 05:02:30 pm »

Vote: Glooble.
He's always scum.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 05:09:34 pm »

I think I'll pass.
I didn't have fun last time, and I made a seriously dumb mistake that costed my team the game :(

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 05:10:05 pm »

I think I'll pass.
I didn't have fun last time, and I made a seriously dumb mistake that costed my team the game :(

you did?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 05:10:31 pm »

Yeah, dude, should have voted Yes on Galz/Qvist/Robz.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 05:11:25 pm »

ok. i mostly remember the RNG screwing your team over completely that game

resistance got to hand out every single card! and all the good cards went to resistance, and all the bad cards went to spies.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 05:19:44 pm »

resistance got to hand out every single card! and all the good cards went to resistance, and all the bad cards went to spies.

This. There was NOTHING we could've done.

But Cayvie is obvspy, so don't take her.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 05:20:50 pm »

This. There was NOTHING we could've done.

But Cayvie is obvspy, so don't take her.

If I remember correctly that was actually how I had to try and pitch it to get myself on the last mission (which didn't happen)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 05:22:04 pm »

Cayvie, Theory, you all want in? I plan on actually starting this today  ;D

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 05:22:51 pm »

not me thanks, i don't think i like the game all that much

she/her

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 05:23:12 pm »

I approve of this message

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 06:18:31 pm »

/in

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 08:34:15 pm »

One hour till start, sign up now or forever hold your peace.

I have 666 non forum games posts; FTL has 1000

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 09:52:32 pm »

Insomniac, Ftl, Robz, Glooble, Voltgloss, Galzria, Qvist will be the table ordering of this game, starting with Insomniac because he requested the existence of the game.

Now I will be randomly determining who the three spies and four resistance are.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 09:59:01 pm »

inb4 Voltgloss, Galzria, Qvist scumteam.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 19 queries.