Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Anyone want to maintain councilroom?  (Read 47802 times)

DLu

• Pawn
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
    • ProbablyDavid
Re: Anyone want to maintain councilroom?
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2012, 02:29:47 pm »
+13

Um, hey DominionStrategy. I've avoided the forums up until now, but thought I'd say hi now that we're back up and running.

Just to follow up on what Mike said, please let us know of any issues you come across while poking the site. As I'm aware how daunting a big code repository can be, if you'd rather, I've set up a shared Google doc (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArCi1BfUMYrzdGp5d3dPWjdFS3dNMHd2al9pZFBjTEE) for people to input into (which I'll then likely copy into the actual issue tracker as I see fit).

Happy dominioning!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2012, 02:46:24 pm »
+2

I think Goko just should include starting decks in logs (which will be useful not only with adventures, but also with Shelter games) and indicate which players are bots. And I guess they can be talked into it, maybe not to do it tomorrow, but in some reasonable time. Probably we should start a "We want better logs" thread at getsatisfaction more or less when Hinterlands 2 is released and list all improvements to logs we would like to see.

I don't think we should exclude bots, at least the casual play bots. They are not bad. I think if we let them play on Iso they'd be around level 10-15 (I'm level 21 and have more or less 70% win rate against them). And we don't exclude level 5 or less players from Iso statistics (at least I guess we don't).

I think having it say LORD BOTTINGTON'S TURN is indication enough.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2012, 03:03:06 pm »
+2

So no one has registered the name LORD BOTTINGTON yet?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2012, 03:05:15 pm »
+1

I think Goko just should include starting decks in logs (which will be useful not only with adventures, but also with Shelter games) and indicate which players are bots.

It already does both of those things. The starting decks are displayed, and each player's name is displayed. (And the names of all of the bots are I think publicly known, though there's a lot of different names for the adventure mode bots.)

So no one has registered the name LORD BOTTINGTON yet?

You know, that's definitely something to try. See what the log there does...

Or, actually - what does it look like when a log has two of the same bot? I don't know.

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2012, 06:44:16 pm »

I remember someone posting some bug report with a goko log and then someone else thought the bug was that the opponent had two turns in a row, because they were playing two identical bots.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2012, 09:41:16 pm »
+2

The good thing is that Goko logs do show what the starting decks are, so I think for statistical purposes, any logs that aren't 7 coppers and 3 estates or 7 coppers and Necropolis, OE, and Hovel can be not calculated for statistical purposes like best openings and whatnot.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2012, 09:49:06 pm »
+3

The good thing is that Goko logs do show what the starting decks are, so I think for statistical purposes, any logs that aren't 7 coppers and 3 estates or 7 coppers and Necropolis, OE, and Hovel can be not calculated for statistical purposes like best openings and whatnot.

But my Province/Gold opening is SOOOOO strong!
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2013, 12:15:52 am »

Why not Colony/Colony?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
  • Respect: +194
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2013, 03:29:48 am »

Why not Colony/Colony?

Using Zaps you can't get your starting deck above 7 silver/3 duchies. On a 4/3 that lets you open Province/gold. I have used that opneing in some adventure finales burning 20+ zaps to even out the chances against 3 bots with some unfair strategies that help each other.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2013, 12:30:46 am »

Why not Colony/Colony?

Using Zaps you can't get your starting deck above 7 silver/3 duchies. On a 4/3 that lets you open Province/gold. I have used that opneing in some adventure finales burning 20+ zaps to even out the chances against 3 bots with some unfair strategies that help each other.
Oh. Well, I guess Platinum/4cost is still up there...
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.