Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to play Noble Brigand Mirrors?  (Read 1256 times)

RisingJaguar

• Minion
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
How to play Noble Brigand Mirrors?
« on: August 23, 2012, 02:20:05 am »

Game: http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201208/22/game-20120822-225220-50a6717e.html

Does anybody understand how to play NB mirrors?  There is nothing else interesting on this board that could compete... possibly embargo to Pirate ships? but that's stretching it. 

Anywho, how do we play NB mirrors? 
-  Are players supposed to commit fully to NB at all costs first and risk terminal collisions? Even at the cost of golds even (this didn't happen but am curious).  Should we stop at a particular number of NB, say 3, 4, 5?
-  At what point do you green? Should players even buy gold at the risk they get stolen or load up on them because they can get stolen?  Normally duchies are bought at say... the Provinces < 4 mark with this much coin around.  Does the clock tick earlier as coins get be stolen? 
-  Minor point, gaining duchess... bad idea here right?  I mean there's already a ton of terminal collision.
-  Are there any cards that would supplement it well?  (I'm thinking Noble brigands/scheme would be a silly stalemate)

Thanks to those in advance that use simulators!

verikt

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
Re: How to play Noble Brigand Mirrors?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 02:32:57 am »

you had quarry potion black market golem. what was in the black market? you wouldn't be gaining copper with either of those, and golem nb or golem pirate ship sounds like it had possibilities.

RisingJaguar

• Minion
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 10:29:30 am »

you had quarry potion black market golem. what was in the black market? you wouldn't be gaining copper with either of those, and golem nb or golem pirate ship sounds like it had possibilities.
Both O and I agreed there was nothing there in the BM.  Essentially, it is nearly impossible to build a throne room deck with no trashers and no cantrips.  It's a dead end.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 10:46:57 am »

Shame about the embargo there. Golem-pirate-brigand would certainly have been problematical,  maybe even worth embargo busting? There's nothing wrong with pirates in a duke game either since they can continue scoring for longer and every treasure trashed becomes a loss.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 04:06:19 pm »

I'm not that good with the simulators, but I'll try for this one because it's actually really interesting.

I'll edit info into this post if I figure anything out.

So for starters, in Noble Brigand vs BMU you don't care about terminal collisions at all. For a short test, I took the computer-generated bot and only changed the number of Noble Brigands it buys. No change to any other buy rules. And it turns out the optimal amount of Noble Brigands is 9. Yeah, 9! It turns out that the repeated attacks from buying + playing Noble Brigand is just that good against BM.

I'm a little wary of doing a similar strategy to find the best NB mirror bot, because Province buying is determined on $ in the deck, and with NB out tracking that is a bit of a nightmare.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.612 seconds with 20 queries.