Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fan Card Submissions > Dark Ages  (Read 1422 times)

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
Fan Card Submissions > Dark Ages
« on: August 22, 2012, 10:15:21 pm »
+3

Is it just me, or has anyone else enjoyed reading the submissions to rinkworks's contest more than the revealed Dark Ages cards? Not because I think they are better cards, but quite the contrary.

1) With a fan card, you never know what quality you are going to get. Will it be good, great, or just plain awful?

2) It's fun seeing what others think of your "perfect" submission...

3) With fan cards, every card is a puzzle waiting to be solved. Is there something you're missing in your analysis? Can you figure out whether the card works without play testing it? Why does he think this is the greatest card ever and I think it's broken?

With Dark Ages, you know every card has been thoroughly play tested and is Donald X approved. They're all reasonably balanced and costed correctly. You just know they all integrate well with each other and the rest of Dominion. How boring!

4) It's neat to see how Donald thinks outside the box with introducing new mechanics and breaking design rules, but I find it even more fun to play within established rules (the parameters of a particular challenges) and then see how many great ideas other people came up with that I never thought of, or how others implemented in a cool way ideas I discarded.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:18:39 pm by Polk5440 »

nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +186
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Fan Card Submissions > Dark Ages
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 11:09:31 pm »
+2

Agreed!  I've been addicted to the contest, maybe even more than my addiction to Dominion proper.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.