Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Clasic_Cards #31 - Overflowing Landfill  (Read 1623 times)

Rush_Clasic

• Apprentice
  • never knows best
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
Clasic_Cards #31 - Overflowing Landfill
« on: August 21, 2012, 03:29:42 pm »

Overflowing Landfill (3)
Victory
2VP
-----
When you buy this, name a card and put a landfill counter on its Supply pile. Whenever a player would trash a card with that name, put it in that player's discard pile.

• What do you do when the dump has no more room? Live with your mess, I guess.
  • I've been fascinated with the idea of abilities you wouldn't care to put on actions or treasures. Victory cards are a great place to experiment with these abilities, since they always have an inherent value. Even when trashers aren't in the game, this card can reasonably be purchased.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: Clasic_Cards #31 - Overflowing Landfill
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 03:45:20 pm »

I think this could really mess with balance.  Your intention is to prevent opponents from trashing junk, but you could also make a pseudo-Fortress out of anything.  Unlimited Feasts, or undying Bishop fodder!

But it still might work.  Graverobber brings things back from the Trash; this is just cutting out the middleman.

Rush_Clasic

• Apprentice
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 04:34:41 pm »

I think the Feast combo is a strong one, but I'm not sure that it's too good. I did, however, forget about Bishop, and that might be insane. Still, you'd have to buy a lot of a big thing for it to get out of control, so, I'm not sure. I might want to up all the stats on this card to make it difficult to spread around for something like Bishop.

FishingVillage

• Bishop
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 05:04:50 pm »

For the most part nowadays, I tend to avoid games that have cursing and no means of mitigation. Even IRL, if the randomizer proposes a kingdom with a curser but no trasher, my friends will likely skip that, as it becomes a race to fill the other players' decks with curses before the curses get into my deck.

I don't think I'd like seeing Landfill in a game with a curser. For the player that starts getting ahead in cursing, he might want to buy a Landfill to just cover up curses and prevent them from leaving any players' decks, even when trashers are available.

Rush_Clasic

• Apprentice
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 05:46:55 pm »

I've actually been thinking that Landfill could work in both directions. That is:

Overflowing Landfill #2 (3)
Victory
2VP
-----
When you buy this, name a card. You may put a landfill counter on or remove a landfill counter from its Supply pile. Whenever a player trashes a card with that name, if a landfill counter is on its Supply pile, they put that card into their discard pile.

This way the card solves itself. I want it to be a griefer type of card, but I don't want it to cause players to quit.

FishingVillage

• Bishop
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 06:18:48 pm »

I like that more. At least players have a means of undoing combos or lockdowns if possible, although the other player could buy a Landfill before I get back to my turn to cover the Curses up again. Landfill in a game with Upgrade and Grand Market would be interesting :) Pretty much any non-terminal trasher could see some fun times with this.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.