Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Dark Ages combo ideas  (Read 22829 times)

WheresMyElephant

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +63
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Ages combo ideas
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2012, 06:28:29 pm »

Crossposting from the "How to make Scout better" thread:

What about Adventurer/Counterfeit? They both love trashing Copper and, later, even trashing Silver. You can prioritize Adventurer over Gold early, supposing you're content to keep doing this Counterfeit+Copper thing for a while: it'll help you cycle and hit the combo more, so the Adventurer doesn't conflict with Gold as much as usual.

And hey if you wind up a little low on Treasure later (always the Achilles' heel of Counterfeit) it's okay: Adventurer will still scrounge up your last Gold or two. As a bonus, you have +Buy so that whenever your Adventurer gives +$5 it isn't wasted.

Full disclosure: I habitually overestimate Counterfeit. But this does look fun: they seem to cover each other's weaknesses in a pretty way.

Thorhauge

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2012, 04:19:46 am »

I had a game where Procession, Fortress and Catacombs all showed up in the same game. Drew my deck all game every turn and because of the card dynamics I gained more engine cards than victory cards each turn - meaning that I never got clogged up.

Zaphod

• Thief
  • Do you know where your towel is?
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2012, 08:50:03 pm »

Speaking of Counterfeit, I have to think it would partner nicely with Goons.  Goons encourages buying more Coppers and Counterfeit trashes them, at a benefit, with an extra buy and without costing an action.  I haven't had the chance to combine to two cards yet, but it seems like a good match.

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2012, 03:27:03 am »

Speaking of Counterfeit, I have to think it would partner nicely with Goons.  Goons encourages buying more Coppers and Counterfeit trashes them, at a benefit, with an extra buy and without costing an action.  I haven't had the chance to combine to two cards yet, but it seems like a good match.

I doubt this would be better than loan-goons. The main power for counterfeit is playing twice silver, gold or platinium, not copper.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2012, 03:39:58 am »

I haven't really played with Counterfeit yet, but I kind of see it as a better Moneylender in the early game and a Salvager that only works on Treasure in the late game. Does its price mean it's worse than Moneylender for Copper-trashing?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2012, 04:00:43 am »

It costs more, but it also gives +buy and is nonterminal/can't be drawn dead, both of which can really help when you're sort of in the middle of building an engine. So it depends.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.