Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mo' Looters  (Read 1385 times)

Scissors61

• Salvager
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Mo' Looters
« on: August 20, 2012, 12:27:05 am »

Post your thoughts and ideas.
Barbarians $4
+1 card
+2 actions
+$1
All players (including you) take a ruins.

Infantry $3
When you gain this, gain a card costing the same as it.
The player to your left takes a Ruins.

Black Knight $5
+2 cards
+1 action
Place a Black Knight token on a kingdom card. When a player buys that card, they take a Ruins for every token on the pile.
When this is trashed, remove all Black Knight tokens.

Plaque $4
The player to your left reveals his hand. If there are 2 Ruins or Curses, he gains a ruins. If not, trash 2 cards from your hand.

Revolutionary $4
+1 card
+1 action
Now and at the start of your next turn, Each other player gains a Ruins.
When you gain this, gain a Ruins.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
Re: Mo' Looters
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 12:52:20 am »
+2

Plaque $4

Tooth Decay has struck the kingdom!  ;D

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 12:59:54 am »

Even though this is for fun, I will critique anyways. :P

Barbarians -- It is Bazaar with an additional attack, so why does it cost less?  Even though the attack hits you as well, it is symmetrical so it has to cost at least as much as Bazaar.  Plus, since you are the one inflicting the global attack, you are probably better able to deal with it.

Infanty, Plaque -- I don't like the idea of attacking only one person, even though you don't get to choose who.  That's personal preference though.  For Infantry, is the attack on gain as well?  It seems that way from the phrasing, but then the card has no actual function aside from on-gain effects.

Black Knight -- This is a Laboratory with an additional Embargo power.  The additional ability means it should cost more than Lab!

Revolutionary -- This is too strong for $4.  Not only is it a duration (potentially "ruining" opponents twice per reshuffle!), it's also a cantrip?!  The on-gain penalty doesn't really stop it at all.  There are very few non-terminal attacks.  There's Familiar, which is difficult to obtain due to the potion cost, and there are Minion and Urchin, both of which do not stack.  Revolutionary is just too strong to be a cantrip and a duration and still cost only $4.  Man.

Now back to your fun ideas. :)

Scissors61

• Salvager
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 01:19:58 am »

Thanks for the pointers! I admit, Revolutionary is pretty bad, but I like the idea of a duration attack. As for the other cards, in my opinion, ruins aren't bad enough to warrant these being TOO much more expensive. Maybe up $1 on each. Also, I know, I typed plaque instead of plague. Can I blame it on auto-correct? :P
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.