Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Asymptotic Dominion: Asking all Nth turn puzzles at once  (Read 8878 times)

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
Re: Asymptotic Dominion: Asking all Nth turn puzzles at once
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 01:46:23 am »

This guy was writing about these things: http://globofthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/08/asymptotics-of-resource-unbounded-dominion-solutions/

One comment on the KC-KC-IW-IW-CR infinite-points solution: You don't need to have Gardens or Duchy/Duke in the kingdom for this. Just gaining infinitely many Estates will also do the job.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 01:52:07 am »

Forging Cultists... now that is weird. Seems like it can work? With the 3 cards drawn from the Cultist dying, one can be a Cultist, one can be something (such as Ironworks) to gain a new Cultist, and the third can be something else.

(Also, my excuse for forgetting about Madman is having not played with it yet. :P)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:53:31 am by blueblimp »

wuthefwasthat

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • The Dominion section of my blog
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012, 02:03:55 am »
+1

Forging Cultists... now that is weird. Seems like it can work? With the 3 cards drawn from the Cultist dying, one can be a Cultist, one can be something (such as Ironworks) to gain a new Cultist, and the third can be something else.

(Also, my excuse for forgetting about Madman is having not played with it yet. :P)

Nah, it's dumb, cause the Cultists are trashed (whereas Crossroads keeps the Victory cards in hand).  They could all just be Smithy, and it'd be basically the same.  Fundamentally, we'd need a linear number of cards.  I was just noting it since it was the play of a single card that caused unbounded hand-size increase, but it's probably a useless technique for puzzles.

Edit:  My previous post had initially said the behavior was similar to Crossroads/Madman, which probably misled you to making the same silly mistake as I had.  My bad  8).  I always just edit my posts since I hate having wrong things on record.  It feels like I'm contributing to polluting the internet with false information.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:17:24 am by wuthefwasthat »

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2012, 02:29:36 am »

Oh right, yeah, them being gone from your deck would be a problem as far as deck-size expansion goes.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.302 seconds with 20 queries.