Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Donald X.'s new game on Kickstarter  (Read 1521 times)

vintermann

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
Donald X.'s new game on Kickstarter
« on: August 19, 2012, 10:58:00 am »

Hello,

Anyone else interested in Donald X. Vaccarino's new game on Kickstarter, Gauntlet of Fools? I'm a supporter, and I was a little surprised it didn't get more attention... although it's reached its goal already, of course.

It's a fantasy game, where you bid on heroes by boasting, e.g. that they could do this dungeon blindfolded. Selection of heroes and weapons avaliable is random, like the tableau in Dominion. Then they go into the dungeon with the handicaps you bought them for. Dice are rolled for combat - I was a bit skeptical of that, but interestingly it's just for your attack, not your dodge.

It looks a good deal faster to set up than Dominion, and it shares the element of a random tableau (with a gazillion combinations) that you must evaluate before you pick a strategy and start the game proper. As for the actual dungeon/gauntlet phase, I doubt there is quite as much room for tactical cleverness as in Dominion... but the ratio of meaningful to obvious decisions is probably a bit better.

Lighter than Dominion, absolutely (at least with only this game, it cries out for expansions), but still something I'm very excited about.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.