Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Staying up or what?  (Read 4357 times)

Rhombus

• Bishop
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
Staying up or what?
« on: August 18, 2012, 02:20:35 am »
+1

Seeing as we have no Goko, it seems fair to leave Isotropic up (and why not?).  Not only that, but there's bunches of Dark Ages copies out and we know Dark Ages is on iso, so can we see those too?

Shut it down when Goko actually comes online (still not ideal, but as long as we can play Dominion online, that seems fair).  Words from the powers that be?

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
Re: Staying up or what?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 02:41:54 am »

Iso was gonna stay up until the 22nd anyway.  No word on after that, but I am pretty sure they've said no on DA.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

microman

• Moneylender
  • Stop "Making Fun" of me!
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 02:47:07 am »
+1

I agree 100%, not to disrespect you donald, who has decided to not have it open to the public.  :)  It would give players like me,(who dont have other people to play DA with in real life, or the money to purchase right now at this given time), the chance to play it while patiently waiting to be invited on goko.com.  ;)   Anybody elses' input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, microman

microman

• Moneylender
  • Stop "Making Fun" of me!
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 02:48:56 am »

they have said no but they could change their minds.

SharpWave

• Swindler
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 03:37:54 pm »

OK, seriously - could someone please give the community a definitive answer as to whether Isotropic will stay up until Goko actually launches?  Or will it shut down tomorrow?  Or something else?

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 03:43:14 pm »
+2

OK, seriously - could someone please give the community a definitive answer as to whether Isotropic will stay up until Goko actually launches?  Or will it shut down tomorrow?  Or something else?

i thought that this quote from dougz was pretty definitive:

I expect that iso will be able to stay up until a week after goko launches, whenever that is, which was basically their original plan.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

SharpWave

• Swindler
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 03:56:04 pm »

"I expect that..."

Not definitive at all.  I suppose for now, no news is good news.  If goko forces isotropic down before they're actually ready for a launch, they're gonna have even more of a PR shitstorm on their hands. 

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 03:58:11 pm »
+3

"I expect that..."

Not definitive at all.  I suppose for now, no news is good news.  If goko forces isotropic down before they're actually ready for a launch, they're gonna have even more of a PR shitstorm on their hands.
Well, yeah, they would, but I am aware of nothing that indicates that will happen. In fact, most evidence points towards it not happening. I'll gladly fault Goko where they deserve it, but this is not one of those times. At all.

polonkus

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 04:04:55 pm »
+1

"I expect that..."

Well, yeah, they would, but I am aware of nothing that indicates that will happen. In fact, most evidence points towards it not happening. I'll gladly fault Goko where they deserve it, but this is not one of those times. At all.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
This user is banned.

Jive Junkie

• Spy
  • Respect: +58
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 11:14:08 pm »

"I expect that..."

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Hopefully, The Powers That Be are reading this thread :)

If they are, I'd also like to add that they would earn some major good will from me if they let Isotropic run until 1 week past Goko's real release (whenever it may be), as originally planned. I do plan on buying at least 2-3 sets to start should the platform prove stable & user-friendly.

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 12:20:44 am »
+1

Hopefully, The Powers That Be are reading this thread :)

well no, they probably are not.  but they are responding elsewhere.  funsockets has even put together a Q/A session specifically with this forum. check it out here.

If they are, I'd also like to add that they would earn some major good will from me if they let Isotropic run until 1 week past Goko's real release (whenever it may be), as originally planned.

this has been 99% confirmed elsewhere.  i would encourage you to read through this post, as it should address most of the questions that you have.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Jive Junkie

• Spy
  • Respect: +58
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 12:42:53 am »

Thanks for the info! Good on Funsockets for being reasonable about the transition, too.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.