Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Can anyone get it to work?  (Read 9312 times)

Biderman

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
Can anyone get it to work?
« on: August 17, 2012, 03:25:14 pm »
+1

The subject says it all... I keep getting server errors when I try to regester or play a game. Can't regester with fb either.

D Bo

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +93
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone get it to work?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 03:29:09 pm »

I can't even get into the website - apparently it's forbidden at the moment for me.

Really not sure why I keep bothering today...I'm sure it will be more consistent in a couple days...(hopefully)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 03:32:42 pm »
+3

I can't even get into the website - apparently it's forbidden at the moment for me.

Really not sure why I keep bothering today...I'm sure it will be more consistent in a couple days...(hopefully)

The behavior today has been reasonably consistent.  95% of the time you can't get in.  95% of the time you get in - you can't play.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

zazas

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 03:34:39 pm »

Was able to log in at day while was at work using FB, now managed to get into page after 2-4hours, but cannot register

Tdog

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +133
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 03:36:43 pm »

I'm on the page, and played part of a game earlier. But, now nothing will work. Ugh.

jmieden

• Baron
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 04:07:37 pm »

Been trying for apx 4 hours today off and on. The farthest I got was in "Adventures." I got all the way to the loading screen for the first game. It took too long to load the game state, so I was forced to resign as soon as I got in. It did let me play 1 copper before kicking me though :)

Now I can't log in at all.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 04:11:32 pm »

I can't get past the captcha. So annoying. Console says:
Code: [Select]
XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://webapps.goko.com/WebApps/bus/. Origin http://www.goko.com is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 04:12:54 pm »
+2

XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://webapps.goko.com/WebApps/bus/. Origin http://www.goko.com is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.

LOL they don't have the header information to allow requests on goko.com from other servers and the two apps aren't on the same namespace
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 06:26:18 pm »
+1

LOL they don't have the header information to allow requests on goko.com from other servers and the two apps aren't on the same namespace

Amateur hour.

Edit: oh wait, no, an actual amateur has an actual working version!  So these guys haven't quite made amateur hour yet.  Little league perhaps?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:27:26 pm by Kirian »
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

adf

• Steward
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 06:33:26 pm »

Assuming you're talking about dougz, given his employer, I think it's a little unfair to call him an amateur.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3670
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 06:34:54 pm »
+1

Your assumption would be faulty. They are referring to the goko dev team. We all think dougz is brilliant.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 06:37:33 pm »
+3

Assuming you're talking about dougz, given his employer, I think it's a little unfair to call him an amateur.

In the case of dougz, I was meaning amateur in terms of "not getting paid."  In terms of programming in general, dougz is a pro, of course, but in terms of programming Dominion, dougz is an Olympic "amateur."

Or more properly:  we have a professional being paid like an amateur, and a bunch of amateurs being paid like pros.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 06:38:56 pm »

Personally I'd like to be able to get in now so that I can reserve my name, but as long as its up by the 22nd I don't particularily care, sure I'd love to register and play dark ages now so I can try and prove cultist > witch but I can't
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Biderman

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 07:16:14 pm »

Amateur hour.

Edit: oh wait, no, an actual amateur has an actual working version!  So these guys haven't quite made amateur hour yet.  Little league perhaps?

It's actually worse than that. I got in earlier today and what I learned scared the shit out of me. The emails they send you are all plain-text, which almost certainly means that the databases are plaintext too (as translating into plaintext for emails is simultaneously stupid and time consuming). So, all our log in data, email addresses, and <<CREDIT CARD INFO>> are effectively saved in .txt files. That sounds real secure >.>

But wait, there's more! The standard interface allows you're directly connect with your opponents computer, and enter computer code. To test how far this goes, I played myself on two computers. From computer A I forced computer B to shut down, simply by typing into the game.

At this point I have decided I have absolutely no interest any more. Before today I would have said that no computer programmer would ever make either of these mistakes. Now I'm forced to wonder what idiots work on this site.

tdlr: DO NOT PLAY ON THIS SITE UNLESS YOU WIDH TO HAVE YOUR COMPUTER HACKED BY YOUR OPPONENT.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 07:17:51 pm »
+1

But wait, there's more! The standard interface allows you're directly connect with your opponents computer, and enter computer code. To test how far this goes, I played myself on two computers. From computer A I forced computer B to shut down, simply by typing into the game.

Wait what

You mean you closed the website on the other computer, or literally shut down the computer? I don't see how the latter is possible, but I am not much of a hacker!

Edit: Yeah so I guess I am calling shenanigans on this. The client is written in Javascript and HTML. Unless you're exploiting some vulnerability in the browser too, then I don't see how this is possible at all.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:26:20 pm by blueblimp »

IamOBESE

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 07:54:29 pm »
+23

Wait what

You mean you closed the website on the other computer, or literally shut down the computer? I don't see how the latter is possible, but I am not much of a hacker!

Edit: Yeah so I guess I am calling shenanigans on this. The client is written in Javascript and HTML. Unless you're exploiting some vulnerability in the browser too, then I don't see how this is possible at all.

Pretty obviously fake. There's no way he got goko to work on TWO computers at once..

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 07:57:53 pm »
+1

If he's in the beta, the beta still worked as of recently.

Schlippy

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 08:04:19 pm »
+2

Pretty obviously fake. There's no way he got goko to work on TWO computers at once..
I liked that post. I liked it so much that I'd like to post a rofl smiley, but there seems to be none and I don't like writing rofl. :(

So yeah, lol or something. :>
I do upload some Dominion videos on youtube now. :)

Biderman

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 08:05:32 pm »

"Shut down" is the wrong phrase. What I actually did was crash it. People have been discussing how you can run javascript on the opponents computer. It's not that hard to write some code that just crashes.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 08:07:47 pm »

"Shut down" is the wrong phrase. What I actually did was crash it. People have been discussing how you can run javascript on the opponents computer. It's not that hard to write some code that just crashes.

There are far more malicious things you can do besides just crashing it.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 08:08:47 pm »
+1

We are truly living in the end times.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 08:10:00 pm »
+1

"When that day comes, you will cry out because of the king whom you have chosen for yourselves."

- 1 Samuel 8:18
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

stevemarks

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 08:10:19 pm »
+1

Quote from: Kirian
we have a professional being paid like an amateur, and a bunch of amateurs being paid like pros.

Very well said.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:12:20 pm by stevemarks »

Biderman

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 08:29:29 pm »

There are far more malicious things you can do besides just crashing it.

Oh, I am perfectly aware of this. I have send several long emails to Goko with the details of everything that I have figured out how to break/hack on their site. Took me about two hours to write. The only reason it was not longer is I am no longer even going to the main page.

The hacker in me is interested in the possibilities of actually running a program, rather than a line of code, on the opponents computer, and is curious about how secure their databases really are...

rspeer

• Witch
  • Respect: +877
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 09:13:09 pm »
+3

The part about "translating into plaintext" didn't make much sense either. I suspect what we have here is the Goko debacle's first fan fiction.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.