Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Looking to the future: The Guilds  (Read 29101 times)

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
  • Respect: +194
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to the future: The Guilds
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2012, 09:49:52 am »

To add to the speculation, i think there will be a card costing 10*, then all costs from 0-11 will be covered.

I also no longer expect a card named "Archivist" to show up. I remember when i looked at my councilroom card stats long ago, that this card showed up amongst all other cards. It had a very low number of played games besides it, so i assumed it beeing a card in testing that somehow slipped through.

The win rates of Archivist were about 0.95 if i remember correctly, so it might be not the new power card.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:08:41 am by loppo »

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2012, 09:50:59 am »

Archivist was a fan-made card designed by rinkworks that won a competition and so was on iso for a while.

IIRC it was something like: +1 Action, Choose one: draw up to 6 or discard any number of cards and +$1 per card discarded.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:52:45 am by Jimmmmm »

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2012, 09:53:46 am »

Archivist was a fan-made card designed by rinkworks that won a competition and so was on iso for a while.

IIRC it was something like: +1 Action, Choose one: draw up to 6 or discard any number cards and +$1 per card discarded.
Haha, yes, something like that.

I organized this competition and as a surprise bonus I PM'd Dougz if he would implement this card on Iso and he did.
It was up there for a month or 2 or so before he removed it.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2012, 11:26:06 am »

I spit-took when I saw the new "Guilds previews" forum.  Then I was heavily depressed when I saw there weren't actually any previews.

Mostly I just like to see everyone's speculations :D  I imagine DXV must find it amusing too.

Probably not quite as much as when he read the Fan Variants cards and kept reading 'No cards that deal with the trash' !
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2012, 11:42:55 am »
+2

Well, DA has changed so many things:

Additional card types, $1 cards, replacing starting cards, unique cards, man.

So I don't think anything said here is too outrageous.
Heck, it could even have 150 unique cards which each add something totally new, but that makes it pretty expensive to print.

I just hope it's fun and offers some good new stuff and isn't just an expansion "to complete the collection".

BTW: Guilds is the last planned expansion for now, but if RGG wants more (money, that is), Donald said that he likes being nice (getting paid  ;)) and might not refuse, so who knows?

Maybe it will end up like Magic and we will think to ourselves: "I got into this, because it wasn't like Magic. But now I'm 20 expansions further and $700 poorer, so... I dunnow."

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2012, 12:32:13 pm »

I thought Donald said a Dominion 2 is far more likely than additional expansions because he can tweak rules and stuff that would allow him to make cards he couldn't otherwise make.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2012, 03:22:02 pm »
+3

I spit-took when I saw the new "Guilds previews" forum.  Then I was heavily depressed when I saw there weren't actually any previews.

Mostly I just like to see everyone's speculations :D  I imagine DXV must find it amusing too.

Well, YOU know what the cards are.  :P
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2012, 05:58:05 pm »
+1

I will say this. I am in no rush to find out what cards are in Guilds. I want to play many DA games with all the sets first before I even begin worrying about Guilds. By the time, DA hit, I had already played a couple thousand or so games with all sets including Hinterlands, but with the way things with Goko are going, who knows if they will even have all the sets available by the time Guilds comes out.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2012, 06:18:41 pm »

And the more sets there are, the longer it takes to get in an appreciable number of games with the new cards if you're playing random from everything...

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2012, 07:08:01 pm »
+1

And the more sets there are, the longer it takes to get in an appreciable number of games with the new cards if you're playing random from everything...

Agreed. That's one reason I'm glad that Dark Ages has 35 Kingdom Cards.

Of course, when I play IRL, I use a randomizer that allows me to specify that half the cards come from Dark Ages.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2012, 11:01:54 pm »
+1

I will say this. I am in no rush to find out what cards are in Guilds. I want to play many DA games with all the sets first before I even begin worrying about Guilds. By the time, DA hit, I had already played a couple thousand or so games with all sets including Hinterlands, but with the way things with Goko are going, who knows if they will even have all the sets available by the time Guilds comes out.

It saddens me that Alchemy is going to be released last on Goko.  That's the one I most want to try Dark Ages things with...
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2012, 06:09:44 am »
+1

It saddens me that Alchemy is going to be released last on Goko.  That's the one I most want to try Dark Ages things with...

I love Scrying Pool. But, it makes sense. Most casual Dominion players hate Alchemey because of Possession and also they don't like the strategic component potions add. A darn shame in my opinion because it is one of my favorite sets. With that said, Cornucopia has some nice cards that seem like they would go well with DA. Though, I can't wait for Hinterlands so I can Procession a Torturer gaining a Border Village gaining another Torturer because I am evil like that.

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2012, 06:31:18 am »

Alchemy is my least favourite set because of Alchemist and Familiar, I actually like possession.
And I'm more interested to see the interactions with cornucopia (horn of plenty with Knights  :o) or Hinterlands (develop on cultist !)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 06:32:26 am by brokoli »

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2012, 08:16:06 am »

I think the main thing Alchemy adds is a non-trivial decision of whether or not you go for Potion cards, which I think is a good thing. Just picked up Alchemy, but unfortunately the others in my group are not really a fan.

So... Guilds?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2012, 06:05:04 pm »

Alchemy is my least favourite set because of Alchemist and Familiar, I actually like possession.
And I'm more interested to see the interactions with cornucopia (horn of plenty with Knights  :o) or Hinterlands (develop on cultist !)

Alchemist is really overrated in my opinion. SP is so much better. But, Familiar is a pretty nasty attack, I will give you that.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2012, 04:48:20 pm »
+1

Alchemist is really overrated in my opinion. SP is so much better. But, Familiar is a pretty nasty attack, I will give you that.

Scrying Pool is better when you have trashing.  Without trashing, Alchemist is superior.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.