Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Zaps  (Read 45277 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
Zaps
« on: August 17, 2012, 10:22:00 am »

I made it halfway into an adventure mode game - and I had the option to buy "Zaps" (with gokoins - which are 10cents each) to mess with the initial decks prior to play.

The store didn't load - so I didn't get to see how much they cost.  Anyone want to take some guesses as to what the zaps are and how much they should cost to boost your performance in this single player only game?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: Zaps
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 10:24:33 am »
+3

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 10:25:25 am »

I made it halfway into an adventure mode game - and I had the option to buy "Zaps" (with gokoins - which are 10cents each) to mess with the initial decks prior to play.

The store didn't load - so I didn't get to see how much they cost.  Anyone want to take some guesses as to what the zaps are and how much they should cost to boost your performance in this single player only game?

I had read in somewhere behind an Error37 that you buy them with DominionCoins, which you earn while playing.  As I read somewhere in the JS of the beta, that some of your opponents starting hands in the campaign a ridiculously good (remember something like Platx7,Colx3), I guess you'll need them.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 10:26:36 am »
+6

This shouldn't depress me as much as it does. R.I.P., Goko. It's looking more and more like you'll never get my money.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 10:27:43 am »

I can get Alice the Serf to load, but it won't load the Kingdom Cards list, and won't register me hitting "Begin".  :-\
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 10:33:10 am »
+4

I can get Alice the Serf to load, but it won't load the Kingdom Cards list, and won't register me hitting "Begin".  :-\

This.
BGG people say it's like.. you degrade opponents deck with Zaps.  Yuck. Even if only in SP, it teaches you nothing about the real name.

Also, if you Zap any human card (like Scout, who is mostly harmless, for example) he gets strange cosmic powers.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 10:39:46 am »

I had read in somewhere behind an Error37 that you buy them with DominionCoins, which you earn while playing.  As I read somewhere in the JS of the beta, that some of your opponents starting hands in the campaign a ridiculously good (remember something like Platx7,Colx3), I guess you'll need them.

That would be ok I guess.  When I clicked on the zaps button - i was taken to a store to buy zaps - with my gokoins in the top right (0), and then the interface just sat there trying to load.

Tdog

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +133
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 10:43:03 am »
+5

I thought this was the reason Jay went with Goko, so this kind of thing doesn't happen. Well, looks like you were wrong.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 10:43:34 am »

I thought this was the reason Jay went with Goko, so this kind of thing doesn't happen. Well, looks like you were wrong.

Well isn't this for the single-player campaign mode?  I don't really care about that, and if they want to monetize the crap out of that I'm all for it.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 10:46:57 am »
+5

Well isn't this for the single-player campaign mode?  I don't really care about that, and if they want to monetize the crap out of that I'm all for it.

I would be all for whatever they want to do in single player mode if it didn't mean that the resources spent developing it weren't spent on polishing the core dominion experience.

Tdog

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +133
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 10:56:26 am »

Well that's okay then and seems fair if the decks are going to be super hard.

zxcvbn2

• Golem
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 12:53:48 pm »
+3

From the How To Play pop-up, under Dominion Adventures:

"In preparation for each Dominion Adventures battle, Goko gives you an opportunity to tip the scales in your favor: the option to Boost yourself or Downgrade your opponent through zaps. You're shown your hand and that of your opponent, a mix of treasure cards, victory cards, and maybe even curse cards. Want to change one of your coppers into a silver? No problem. Want to give your opponent a little knock? Maybe his Estate should be a Curse. You'll automatically earn Zaps as you progress throughout the game, you can purchase more Zaps with Dominion Coins you've earned during gameplay, or with real-life currency at the Dominion Store."

yuck. Do not like.
One Day Cup II Champion: qmech III: Rabid IV: Qvist

polonkus

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 12:56:31 pm »

"In preparation for each Dominion Adventures battle, Goko gives you an opportunity to tip the scales in your favor: the option to Boost yourself or Downgrade your opponent through zaps. You're shown your hand and that of your opponent, a mix of treasure cards, victory cards, and maybe even curse cards. Want to change one of your coppers into a silver? No problem. Want to give your opponent a little knock? Maybe his Estate should be a Curse. You'll automatically earn Zaps as you progress throughout the game, you can purchase more Zaps with Dominion Coins you've earned during gameplay, or with real-life currency at the Dominion Store."

yuck. Do not like.

I would love to see a statement from Donald on this Adventures mode.
Seems like a huge perversion of the game to me.
This user is banned.

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 01:00:10 pm »
+3

It's an adventure mode.  I'm not incredibly worried about it, and it might even be fun....although having to pay for "zaps" might be a bit lame.  If not, well, there's still online play, which is the main thing I want out of this game anyway.

....waitwaitwait, did that say you can earn dominion coins?  Isn't that the same kinda dominion coin you use for the expansions?  Does...does that mean I can theoretically earn expansions by grinding for a (probably unreasonable) length of time?  This could actually be good news!  I was hoping they'd have something like that.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 01:01:34 pm »
+13

yuck. Do not like.

I would love to see a statement from Donald on this Adventures mode.
Seems like a huge perversion of the game to me.

It would probably be something like: Man, whatever. It's not dominion, it's just a different game that uses dominion cards. No one's forcing you to play it or pay for it. If you want to go play dominion, go play dominion and not this.

zxcvbn2

• Golem
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 01:02:11 pm »
+1

Wait, they let you buy expansions with Dominion coins? I can't get into the store at all, because I can't register/ login. How many coins for an expansion?
One Day Cup II Champion: qmech III: Rabid IV: Qvist

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 01:02:28 pm »

....waitwaitwait, did that say you can earn dominion coins?  Isn't that the same kinda dominion coin you use for the expansions?  Does...does that mean I can theoretically earn expansions by grinding for a (probably unreasonable) length of time?  This could actually be good news!  I was hoping they'd have something like that.

I don't expect so. In beta, you got 10coins for a win. 5 for tie, 2 for loss. Also against bots, which you usually win against. That would be $1/win, which I don't believe in.

Tombolo

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 01:03:54 pm »

Well, people were saying in the other topic that expansions were bought with coins I think, because there was an uproar on how you couldn't buy coins in the exact amount needed to buy an expansion.  So...two types of coins?  Super inefficient exchange rate?  Misinformation on either the other topic's part or that blurb?
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 01:06:32 pm »

I think its two different kinds of coins. You could get more dominion coins than just 10 by winning though

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 01:06:40 pm »

Dominion coins are not the same as Gokoins, which I assume can be used to pay for the other games Goko is offering too.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 01:08:56 pm »

Well, people were saying in the other topic that expansions were bought with coins I think, because there was an uproar on how you couldn't buy coins in the exact amount needed to buy an expansion.  So...two types of coins?  Super inefficient exchange rate?  Misinformation on either the other topic's part or that blurb?

As far as I can tell there are 3 resources

1 - Dominion Coins.  You get 15 for beating a real live human, 5 for losing to one, 0 for resigning (thanks for that).  10 for beating a bot, and 2 for losing to a bot.  It is unknown what these coins do.
2 - Dominion VP - Unknown how to get these or use them
3 - Gokoins - Purchasable in weird buckets (50,70,110, etc.) for roughly $5 for 50 coins.  These can definitely buy expansions @ 60 gokoins per pack. (Saw it with my own eyeballs).  They may also be used to buy zaps (my balance of 0 goins was shown when I went into the zap buying interface - which otherwise refused to load)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 01:09:31 pm »

I assume that resources 1 and 2 are only useable within the context of dominion.  Resource 3 is kindof implied to be useable everywhere.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 01:11:40 pm »

just got it to load. You pay for zaps with dominion coins

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 01:13:10 pm »

just got it to load. You pay for zaps with dominion coins

That's quite nice.

Tombolo

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 01:15:30 pm »

It looks like Gokoins pay for expansions and $ Coins, VP pay for promos, and $ Coins pay for adventures and zaps?

EDIT: Looks like you buy more "acts" for adventures, and the first act comes with the corresponding expansion?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:18:27 pm by Tombolo »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.