Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Which existing card do you predict will be implemented last?  (Read 3812 times)

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
Which existing card do you predict will be implemented last?
« on: August 17, 2012, 01:10:56 am »

Which existing (i.e. non-Guilds) card do you think will be implemented last in Goko? I'm expecting it's one of the two remaining promos, which both have unique implementation challenges (Black Market deck, special Stash back).

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: Which existing card do you predict will be implemented last?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 01:15:08 am »

Which existing (i.e. non-Guilds) card do you think will be implemented last in Goko? I'm expecting it's one of the two remaining promos, which both have unique implementation challenges (Black Market deck, special Stash back).

I predict Alchemy will be implemented last. But, I think we won't have Black Market for a while.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 01:32:38 am »
+1

I'm thinking Stash will be last, because for Black Market, the interface isn't too bad: just show the 3 cards and have you pick one. For Stash, they need to provide some way to position it when you shuffle. Keep in mind how weird isotropic's Stash interface is, already.

If Possession were a promo, I could believe it would be last, but I think they'll prioritize Alchemy over the promos, since it's a real expansion.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:33:51 am by blueblimp »

Biderman

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 07:46:53 pm »

Stash is actually pretty easy coding wise. Remove it from he deck, shuffle the deck, insert it back in. That's how I handle the card irl.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 08:06:25 pm »

Stash is actually pretty easy coding wise. Remove it from he deck, shuffle the deck, insert it back in. That's how I handle the card irl.

It's not the coding that's difficult, it's the UI.  How do you implement a way for users to choose where to put the card?  How do you show where it is at any given point (i.e. simulating the different card back)?  isotropic had a rather awkward way of doing it.

Biderman

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 08:11:58 pm »

Fan out the cards, allow the user to click on the space where the card should be inserted. Then maybe off to the side have something that says "Stash: 15" meaning the 15th card from the top of the deck is the stash?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 09:42:48 pm »
+1

Fan out the cards, allow the user to click on the space where the card should be inserted. Then maybe off to the side have something that says "Stash: 15" meaning the 15th card from the top of the deck is the stash?

Maybe.  The fanout might be awkward in a big deck though.  As for the "Stash: 15", is there space for it somewhere?  And if somehow you had all 10 Stashes, is there space for all 10 there?

Biderman

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 11:24:32 pm »

What about if it said "Stash: 1,6,11" when you had multiples? And instead of a fan out it could just ask you to enter the position number. Not sure about where to put it though. And even if you just had numbers, if you have ten stashes all in pos 10+ that's 45 characters ( assuming comma space between each and colon space before the first)... That is a lot of room

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 01:23:16 am »
+1

It's not the coding that's difficult, it's the UI.  How do you implement a way for users to choose where to put the card?  How do you show where it is at any given point (i.e. simulating the different card back)?  isotropic had a rather awkward way of doing it.

Goko are professionals.  They'll figure out the right way to do it.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 01:26:03 am »
+3

Goko are professionals.  They'll figure out the right way to do it.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.