Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Intrigue decks  (Read 1956 times)

Warrior

• Golem
  • Respect: +54
    • View Profile
Intrigue decks
« on: August 17, 2012, 12:08:31 am »

Hi all

anyone know any good sets of ten using a fair bit of intrigue cards (because I just got intrigue) and using cards from the sets base, intrigue, seaside, and prosperity?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: Intrigue decks
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 01:12:23 am »

Hi all

anyone know any good sets of ten using a fair bit of intrigue cards (because I just got intrigue) and using cards from the sets base, intrigue, seaside, and prosperity?

The rule book for Seaside and Intrigue should have some suggestions. I recommend avoiding Saboteur at first. You could also try shuffling up Intrigue by itself. It plays pretty well on its own.

PenPen

• Thief
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 02:47:49 pm »

I asked this question as well when I got Intrigue (but unlike you I only have Intrigue atm, and my base set is still elsewhere). You can take a look at the discussions here:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=3706.0

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 07:19:29 pm »

(deliberately not thematic names, in order not to suggest how to play them)

Wildness: Steward, Pawn, Wharf, Great Hall, King's Court, Quarry, Nobles, Duke, Bazaar, Baron

Fight: Torturer, Horse Traders, Mining Village, Upgrade, Shanty Town, Conspirator, Gardens, Great Hall,  Smugglers, Expand

Warrior

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 07:24:50 pm »

(deliberately not thematic names, in order not to suggest how to play them)

Wildness: Steward, Pawn, Wharf, Great Hall, King's Court, Quarry, Nobles, Duke, Bazaar, Baron

Fight: Torturer, Horse Traders, Mining Village, Upgrade, Shanty Town, Conspirator, Gardens, Great Hall,  Smugglers, Expand

Thanks! I don't own cornucopia so what should I substitute for horse traders in "Fight?" Did you come up with these yourself?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 07:43:40 pm »

Yes, I came up with those.  Having played 2000 games on iso is the only thing backing those up.

Thought cornucopia was in your short list, sorry!

A soft counter to Torturer is what was intended by the Horse Traders.  With 3 or more players go ahead and bump up to a Watchtower, with 2, try a Moat.  I designed that set to have other interesting things than Torturer though.

My IRL experience would come into play more, if it weren't that my expansion is Hinterlands.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:47:41 pm by popsofctown »

Warrior

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 02:57:43 pm »

Yes, I came up with those.  Having played 2000 games on iso is the only thing backing those up.

Thought cornucopia was in your short list, sorry!

A soft counter to Torturer is what was intended by the Horse Traders.  With 3 or more players go ahead and bump up to a Watchtower, with 2, try a Moat.  I designed that set to have other interesting things than Torturer though.

My IRL experience would come into play more, if it weren't that my expansion is Hinterlands.

Thanks so much! I will be sure to try these out and I will tell you what I think about them!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.191 seconds with 21 queries.