Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Which do you think will be the best knight?

Dame Anna (trash up to 2 from hand)
- 14 (12.5%)
Dame Josephine (worth 2 VP)
- 3 (2.7%)
Dame Molly (+2 Actions)
- 4 (3.6%)
Dame Natalie (gain a card up to $3)
- 4 (3.6%)
Dame Sylvia (+$2)
- 6 (5.4%)
Sir Bailey (+1 Card, +1 Action)
- 19 (17%)
Sir Destry (+2 Cards)
- 2 (1.8%)
Sir Martin (+2 Buys) (EDIT: and costs $4)
- 1 (0.9%)
Sir Michael (other players discard down to 3)
- 47 (42%)
Sir Vander (on trash, gain Gold)
- 12 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Best knight?  (Read 17527 times)

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2126
    • View Profile
Re: Best knight?
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2012, 02:10:29 pm »
+7

Transmutes aren't people.

Even if they can't talk and their gender doesn't match their sex, a human being is a human being.

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +952
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2012, 05:00:43 pm »
+3

Even if they can't talk and their gender doesn't match their sex, a human being is a human being.

That pun is bad and you should feel bad.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

engineer

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2012, 05:13:46 pm »
+2

That pun is awesome and you should feel awesome.

engineer

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2012, 05:21:35 pm »

I think you guys are overestimating Sir Michael.  Remember how everybody hates Saboteur?  That's because Saboteur doesn't do anything for you -- it's just an attack, and a terminal at that.  I mean, the saboteur attack is at least as strong as the knight trashing attack, even with the consolation prize, because it guarantees a target and it has no upper limit.  It still ends being a trap most of the time.  If the saboteur gained a discard attack, sure, it would be stronger.  But would it be great?  I'm not sure about that.

Sir Bailey, on the other hand, is one of only two knights that is not a terminal.  The other one, with just +2 actions and no card draw, is also usually a trap, as we're all well aware.  But Sir Bailey is nonterminal and draws a card, so in my book, Sir Bailey stands tallest.

Think of it this way: how many cantrip attacks are there in Dominion?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 05:22:46 pm by engineer »

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +952
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2012, 05:32:42 pm »
+1

But the advantage to cantrip attacks is they're spammable. So uniqueness kind of cancels that out.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

engineer

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2012, 05:56:16 pm »

But the advantage to cantrip attacks is they're spammable. So uniqueness kind of cancels that out.

I'll grant you that.  But with Sir Bailey, you'll never have a collision.  You'll never have to make that wrenching decision: do I play my knight, or do I play my chancellor?  ( ;) Kidding about that last part obviously, but you get my point.) That means that Sir Bailey will be played more than any of the terminal knights, making his attack more powerful.

Loschmidt

• Golem
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2012, 08:40:06 pm »

I think you guys are overestimating Sir Michael.  Remember how everybody hates Saboteur?  That's because Saboteur doesn't do anything for you -- it's just an attack, and a terminal at that.

Yeah that is true. And I did consider that before voting for old Michael. But, while Michael doesn't do anything for your current turn it screws with your opponent on their next turn, and on their overall deck quality. Hurting your opponent in the short and long term is quite powerful.

Rhombus

• Bishop
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2012, 01:08:49 am »

After playing a few games with Knights, I think it can really be summed up to this:

Which knights are better really depends on the board.  Who got which knight didn't make any difference in the outcome of the game, honestly.  Though if one of them is underpowered, it's probably Sir Vander.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 24 queries.