Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  All

Author Topic: Do we know when exactly it's going up?  (Read 114473 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
Re: Do we know when exactly it's going up?
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2012, 01:18:15 pm »

Looks like there's quite a bit of content there...
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2012, 01:20:18 pm »

Also got first adventure done

Me too! 60 - 1! Take THAT Alice the Serf!

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2012, 01:20:54 pm »

Where are these BGG threads where everybody is rioting?  I am intimidated by that site. >_>
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2012, 01:21:10 pm »

Also got first adventure done

Me too! 60 - 1! Take THAT Alice the Serf!

Noteworthy though, if Expansions are bought with coins, I earned 10 of 'em for beating Adventure-I

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2012, 01:21:36 pm »
+10

You know, I was going to do a recap of all the bullshit, but most of it's above in this thread.

But I'm not.  It's not worth it.  Goko has suckered game companies into buying ~150 licenses for an undetermined amount of time.  Most of those licenses aren't going to ever be seen as playable games.  Dominion may not be a playable game, or at least not one with a significant player base, due to the launch failure and the monetization method.  But Iso will go down, nonetheless, due to the exclusivity agreements.

Those game companies already have their money.  RGG, Mayfair, whoever else--they already have their cash.  How much, Jay?  And for how long did you give away your exclusive license?  Two years?  More?  Perpetuity?  I hope you and Pete Fenlon have your lawyers ready; maybe you'll be able to pry those licenses back.

I don't think it's an entirely pessimistic view to think it possible that online Dominion--and other online games--are dead due to this royal fuck-up.

So.  Until Goko is running, running well, and people are using it, I now extend my (personal) boycott to any and all companies who have contracts with Goko.  I'd love to know exactly which companies they are--obviously Mayfair and RGG, and obviously not Asmadi (was there another company who said "no thanks" in that thread?  I don't remember).

I thought I'd be proven wrong about this whole thing.  I'd still be happy to be proven wrong.  But this... this is the very definition of pathetic.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2012, 01:22:12 pm »

Not same coins, Galz.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2012, 01:23:41 pm »

Not same coins, Galz.

Ah, fair enough. Honestly, I haven't been able to get it to work with enough consistency to actually check things like that.

Mafia Record:

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2012, 01:34:35 pm »

You know, I was going to do a recap of all the bullshit, but most of it's above in this thread.

But I'm not.  It's not worth it.  Goko has suckered game companies into buying ~150 licenses for an undetermined amount of time.  Most of those licenses aren't going to ever be seen as playable games.  Dominion may not be a playable game, or at least not one with a significant player base, due to the launch failure and the monetization method.  But Iso will go down, nonetheless, due to the exclusivity agreements.

Those game companies already have their money.  RGG, Mayfair, whoever else--they already have their cash.  How much, Jay?  And for how long did you give away your exclusive license?  Two years?  More?  Perpetuity?  I hope you and Pete Fenlon have your lawyers ready; maybe you'll be able to pry those licenses back.

I don't think it's an entirely pessimistic view to think it possible that online Dominion--and other online games--are dead due to this royal fuck-up.

So.  Until Goko is running, running well, and people are using it, I now extend my (personal) boycott to any and all companies who have contracts with Goko.  I'd love to know exactly which companies they are--obviously Mayfair and RGG, and obviously not Asmadi (was there another company who said "no thanks" in that thread?  I don't remember).

I thought I'd be proven wrong about this whole thing.  I'd still be happy to be proven wrong.  But this... this is the very definition of pathetic.
*Claps* This is my thoughts exactly. Couldn't put it better myself. Apparently someone also started a discussion over at TeamLiquid.net
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=361278#1
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 17, 2012, 01:37:19 pm »
+1

I wonder how they got all the money

pauley_walnuts

• Salvager
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 17, 2012, 01:46:21 pm »

How are you guys playing adventure mode? Is there a different URL for it or is it the same as the beta link they provided?

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 17, 2012, 01:47:06 pm »

Occasionally goko.com will go up for a bit, and presumably some people have managed to register and start adventure mode during those windows.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2012, 01:47:37 pm »
+1

How are you guys playing adventure mode? Is there a different URL for it or is it the same as the beta link they provided?

start @ www.goko.com

it seems to have died again.  And warning - the javascript in lobby thing has not been fixed - so make sure whatever password you use here is garbage.  I'd also recommend using a garbage email account.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2012, 01:47:52 pm »
+1

Well they are clearly good at pitching.

From ednever's interview with Jay of RGG:
I asked him how he selected FunSockets. He said that people have been coming to him for years asking to develop an online Dominion game. He did not like any of the proposals. Two examples of why:

1- The wanted to make it platform-specific. They would slowly roll out platforms over time. Jay is not a technology guy, so he didn't have counter proposals, but he didn't like the idea. FunSockets came to him with HTML5 - playform agnostic. It's what sold him (even though he hadn't heard of HTML5 before)

So, promise something (every platform!) that would be great if you actually can deliver it in any meaningful sense. Trouble is, it's not actually feasible. Already we're seeing a gradual platform roll-out.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2012, 01:49:16 pm »
+1

I asked him how he selected FunSockets. He said that people have been coming to him for years asking to develop an online Dominion game. He did not like any of the proposals. Two examples of why:

1- The wanted to make it platform-specific. They would slowly roll out platforms over time. Jay is not a technology guy, so he didn't have counter proposals, but he didn't like the idea. FunSockets came to him with HTML5 - playform agnostic. It's what sold him (even though he hadn't heard of HTML5 before)

So, promise something (every platform!) that would be great if you actually can deliver it in any meaningful sense. Trouble is, it's not actually feasible. Already we're seeing a gradual platform roll-out.
Eh, I'm not so sure that it can't be done. Just THEY can't do it. At least, on the time-frame that it's getting pushed with.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2012, 01:53:53 pm »

Eh, I'm not so sure that it can't be done. Just THEY can't do it. At least, on the time-frame that it's getting pushed with.
It might be possible to put something OK on multiple platforms at once, but I'm pretty convinced that if you want to get a great experience on each platform, you need devs who specialize in that platform. This especially goes for mobile devices.

Rhombus

• Bishop
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2012, 02:42:19 pm »

So goko.com is up and interestingly enough one of the cards in their banner advertisement for Dominion is Alchemist (Alchemy on launch?)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2012, 02:42:48 pm »
+1

So goko.com is up and interestingly enough one of the cards in their banner advertisement for Dominion is Alchemist (Alchemy on launch?)

It's not really up, and no alchemy isn't in the launch.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 17, 2012, 02:54:40 pm »

Forbidden City seems to work properly.... :'(

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2012, 02:56:40 pm »

Is it a game where the object is to look at the screen and press buttons that don't do anything?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2012, 02:57:51 pm »

Is it a game where the object is to look at the screen and press buttons that don't do anything?

Never played it. But the Tutorial goes through fine for me, and I can start Single Player games against bots. Which are both more than I can do with Dominion atm....

Mafia Record:

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2012, 02:58:21 pm »

Heh, you get buttons. I get blackness.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 17, 2012, 02:58:38 pm »
+1

Never played it. But the Tutorial goes through fine for me, and I can start Single Player games against bots. Which are both more than I can do with Dominion atm....

There is a sharp looking avatar on the screen though.  Glad they got that right.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 17, 2012, 03:03:21 pm »

You know, I don't entirely blame Goko for this botch up. I do believe RGG played a role on making sure this launched during Gen Con.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 17, 2012, 03:06:11 pm »

You know, I don't entirely blame Goko for this botch up. I do believe RGG played a role on making sure this launched during Gen Con.
What I think happened (complete speculation):
1. FunSockets management promises GenCon launch.
2. Goko is not quite ready for this.
3. FunSockets management forces the launch to go through anyway because they want to make the date.

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1676
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 17, 2012, 03:20:31 pm »
+4

...the huge, gaping lack of security. Which is why I'm going to steer clear of the thing for a long time, at least.
This is very telling.  I don't know much about internet security, but if WW won't play Dominion on Goko due to security issues, that is enough to scare me off.  That's like if a bakery comes out with a new cookie, and Cookie Monster himself comes out and says, "This cookie is not safe to eat, so I'm not eating it."  No way am I going anywhere near that cookie.

Had to come out of lurker mode to say this post made my day.  I'm a sucker for Cookie Monster analogies.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  All

Page created in 0.834 seconds with 22 queries.