Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A Kingdom with a few fan cards- How would you play this?  (Read 1277 times)

Graystripe77

• Tactician
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
    • Dreamkeeperscomic.com
A Kingdom with a few fan cards- How would you play this?
« on: August 15, 2012, 06:30:21 pm »

Alright, here's the Kingdom, along with card text for the fan cards (these fancards are not mine):

$3:
Quest - +1 Action, +$1. Name an action or victory card. At the start of your next turn, reveal your hand. If it contains the named card, +1 Card, +1 Action, +$1
$4:
Silk Road
Baron
Smithy
Worker's Village
City Planner - +2 Cards, +1 Action, Discard a card. When you buy this, you may pay an additional $2. If you do, set aside a victory card from your hand, returning it to your deck at the end of the game.
$5:
Cartographer
Merchant Ship
Bazaar
Archivist (I think most of us remember this card)

So, I decided to use my blank cards to play some games with fan cards, since I never bothered to get the actual fan cards themselves (PM me if you can help with that - I have no clue how to get them). Anyways, I chose some cards that I thought were pretty interesting, and put them in with a few randomized other cards. I got this. What do I do here? It looks like there are a lot of viable strategies, but I feel like I don't know some of the cards well enough. What would you do?

Also, If you have any Ideas for fun kingdoms using some fan cards, please post it here, I love testing and playing with other people's ideas.

FishingVillage

• Bishop
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
Re: A Kingdom with a few fan cards- How would you play this?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 07:09:51 pm »

Hmm... for novelty's sake I would try Cartographer and Quest here. Discard cards off the top and maybe leave 1, then play a bunch of Quests and name that card. Then get really loaded next turn :)

Otherwise I'd probably go for Smithy/Worker's Village/Merchant Ship, that seems pretty good.

Graystripe77

• Tactician
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
    • Dreamkeeperscomic.com
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 07:16:57 pm »

Cartographer/Quest sounds workable. I also had a nice engine with Baron, Quest, and mass Archivist.

rinkworks

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +938
    • View Profile
    • RinkWorks
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 07:22:46 pm »

I wonder if WV/MS/Archivist would work.  It would be a WV/MS engine, essentially -- providing both cash and busy -- but with Archivist thrown in to draw extra cards to replace the played Merchant Ships and thus potentially continue the chain.

You probably wouldn't get enough of a density of Archivists to chain them well, but if two collided, you could use the pair as a drawing Cellar if necessary.  Mostly, though, you'd just be drawing with them.

Thing is, that's a lot of $5 cards to get, so I don't know.  Maybe it wouldn't take that many to get Province-buying hands, though.

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 10:13:28 pm »

Opening Quest/Quest seems way OP, since when you play it early on you have a very high chance of guessing whether the other Quest will come up in your next 5 cards, and if it won't (i.e. they collided), then you can almost certainly name Estate and be right.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.