Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: FAQ Feedback  (Read 16835 times)

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Frequently Asked Questions
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 04:14:14 pm »

Well good luck! I understand your reasoning for all of that, although if there is one (been gone too long to find out if there is) link to a place comparing/contrasting funsockets and isotropic then that would be good to link at one point. Or make yourself and then link o.O
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

greatexpectations

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
Re: FAQ Feedback
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 11:27:15 am »
+1

ok guys, with the impending release of Funsockets/Goko and Dark Ages it seemed time to give the FAQ a bit of an overhaul.

i split the original into a FAQ and this feedback thread. that way you guys can still propose things you want to see included without cluttering the FAQ.  hopefully having a shorter more organized thread will make it easier for folks to flip through.  i am also going to seek to make posts shorter so that you can link to specific details as well as avoiding the dreaded walls of texts.

as always, if you have any comments or things you'd like to see throw em at me.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 02:32:37 pm by greatexpectations »
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

thirtyseven

• Duke
  • Respect: +475
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 11:13:17 am »
+2

It would be great if you had a section where you explicitly mention the names and roles of important Dominion people, like Donald X., Dougz, and Jay. Right now the FAQ makes it sort of a guessing game for newbs. :) You should also mention those behind dominionstrategy.com (theory and rrneud (sp?) made the site, right? not sure without re-checking) and maybe even some of the best Dominion players (those who've topped the Iso leaderboard at one time or another, like Stef, Marin, Obi, WW...), but maybe is the key word here, because that could get messy or just plain unnecessary. Might be nice to have some Iso history in the FAQ though... I don't know.
I'm only a mid-level player, so I may be wrong...

greatexpectations

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 11:26:18 am »
+2

It would be great if you had a section where you explicitly mention the names and roles of important Dominion people, like Donald X., Dougz, and Jay. Right now the FAQ makes it sort of a guessing game for newbs. :) You should also mention those behind dominionstrategy.com (theory and rrneud (sp?) made the site, right? not sure without re-checking) and maybe even some of the best Dominion players (those who've topped the Iso leaderboard at one time or another, like Stef, Marin, Obi, WW...), but maybe is the key word here, because that could get messy or just plain unnecessary.

hey, good call.  i will work on adding a list of important names to this section of the FAQ. you can expect it in a few minutes.

Might be nice to have some Iso history in the FAQ though... I don't know.

that was the intent for this section of the FAQ.  when i reformatted it all i mostly just copied and pasted the old FAQ stuff in there.  i am hoping to reformat that post and add more in there soon.

thirtyseven

• Duke
  • Respect: +475
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 11:35:36 am »

Wow, great! And quick, too! +1 :D
I'm only a mid-level player, so I may be wrong...

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 11:44:08 am »

Also instead of writing
[ url=youlinkhere]yourtexthere[/url]. Simply remove the space before 'url' and swap in the appropriate link and text.
and alike, you could probably write

Code: [Select]
[url=http://youlinkhere]yourtexthere[/url]
[/size]

Edit: As long as your tag isn't
[code]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:29:59 pm by greatexpectations »

greatexpectations

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 12:35:17 pm »
+1

Also instead of writing
[ url=youlinkhere]yourtexthere[/url]. Simply remove the space before 'url' and swap in the appropriate link and text.
and alike, you could probably write

[url=http://youlinkhere]yourtexthere[/url]
[/size]

Edit: As long as your tag isn't
[code]

done. the code quoting gave me some trouble with the bullet formatting but this works better than leaving a space.

and apologies for the edit. i didn't touch anything, totally accidental. thought i was in 'quote' so i could steal your quote formatting but i was in modify. my bad. stupid mod powers.

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 02:39:31 pm »

You could always ask Theory to revoke them if they get annoying lolz. Great job! I saw you editing it before when you were playing around with different sections, more posts, etc.
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

greatexpectations

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 10:53:35 am »

ok, finished the Isotropic entry.  a little bit of history and some details about the interface and leaderboard and all that. i'm gonna throw in some screengrabs eventually.

greatexpectations

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2012, 11:32:26 am »

new FAQ post up here. it's basically a listing of strategy articles to help transition a player from beginner to expert.

i was inspired by this reddit thread and i stole a couple of things from the New To Dominion? post over on the blog.

any glaring omissions from the list? ideas for better organization? think an article belongs in a different category?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2012, 11:46:55 am »
+1

new FAQ post up here. it's basically a listing of strategy articles to help transition a player from beginner to expert.

i was inspired by this reddit thread and i stole a couple of things from the New To Dominion? post over on the blog.

any glaring omissions from the list? ideas for better organization? think an article belongs in a different category?

Very nice, but theory's article on +Card/+Action engines is out of date - at this point, both Embassy and Hunting Grounds also give greater than +3 Cards, and Cultist is another +2 Cards Attack that you don't want to ignore.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

greatexpectations

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2012, 11:58:47 am »

Very nice, but theory's article on +Card/+Action engines is out of date - at this point, both Embassy and Hunting Grounds also give greater than +3 Cards, and Cultist is another +2 Cards Attack that you don't want to ignore.

do you mean to say that it shouldn't be included in the list?  i think it covers the fundamentals of a the basic village/smithy sort of engine pretty well. and if we start nitpicking too much then just about every strategy article out there is outdated because of dark ages and guilds.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 12:08:43 pm »
+1

do you mean to say that it shouldn't be included in the list?  i think it covers the fundamentals of a the basic village/smithy sort of engine pretty well. and if we start nitpicking too much then just about every strategy article out there is outdated because of dark ages and guilds.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be included, just that it probably needs an update.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

greatexpectations

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2012, 08:49:38 am »

a couple of recent FAQ additions/edits:
  • added a couple of names to the Who's Who? section.
  • moved Isodom 5 and the BGG Store tournament out of the current tournaments section. updated the listing of past online tournaments so it is pretty comprehensive now. formats, dates, winners, and links to all relevant threads.
  • added images, video links, and a link to the leaderboard archives to the Isotropic section.

also, i forgot that i technically have mod powers for the dominion lingo dictionary.  there have been a couple of recent requests, but it is still Kirian's thread. i will give him a few days to make some additions and if not i will add them in later.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2012, 08:56:33 am »

a couple of recent FAQ additions/edits:
  • added a couple of names to the Who's Who? section.
  • moved Isodom 5 and the BGG Store tournament out of the current tournaments section. updated the listing of past online tournaments so it is pretty comprehensive now. formats, dates, winners, and links to all relevant threads.
  • added images, video links, and a link to the leaderboard archives to the Isotropic section.

also, i forgot that i technically have mod powers for the dominion lingo dictionary.  there have been a couple of recent requests, but it is still Kirian's thread. i will give him a few days to make some additions and if not i will add them in later.

Note that IsoDom 5 isn't completely over; there will be three winners in three brackets.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

greatexpectations

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2012, 10:04:59 am »

Note that IsoDom 5 isn't completely over; there will be three winners in three brackets.

well don't i feel silly.  good call, thanks.

greatexpectations

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 10:24:06 am »
+3

unless anyone objects i think i am just going to start editing the FAQ so that it all links to the wiki. the wiki serves the purpose better, and keeping up with editing both is a bit much.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.