Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Archetype vs ^_^_^_^ (For Fun) Best Of 5  (Read 1181 times)

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
Archetype vs ^_^_^_^ (For Fun) Best Of 5
« on: August 13, 2012, 12:01:56 pm »
+1

The Ambassadors and Governors Discuss In The Throne Room With Embargo All Around.
http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120812-190227-b3f13942.html
Very fun game. 6 Embargo's bot, 4 used. Governor and Ambass both on the board as well making for a hilarious game overall. I opened Ambass/Ambass while he opted for the inferior(in my opinion!) opening Ambass/Silver. We joked throughout the games as I called Ambass/Ambass 'the ultimate opening'.

then I got a TR and Embargo. The idea being that if I TR Embargo I get 2x the curses on 1 pile or 1 curse on 2  ;D . I also could give him lots of cards through Ambass. All while making my deck smaller and more effective.

He went for another silver and then a potion. Seeing this and also seeing that Golem was the only card he could buy with potion, I of course used TR Embargo on Golem. He however did buy it. He later Embargoed the Governor's but still bought himself 1. I bought 2 more for a total of 3.

I moved into an Ambass/TR/Governor strategy accompanied by Embargo when I got less than $4. I would like to see what Archetype's thinking was this game. Didn't really understand what he was going for. o.O At the end of it, the score was 41^_^_^_^-11Archetype 7prov for me, 1 prov for him. For exactly what Victory cards we had and how our turns played out, please refer to the log.

1 ^_^_^_^  - 0 Archetype

Bidding In The Grand Market.
http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120812-191343-b4f7adaa.html
It was my turn to get destroyed. The GM's loved him, hated me.  :'( I got 2/5 versus his 4/3. I went nothing/Embassy he went Steward/Silver. I have no idea whether I made the right choice, or if I should've gone with something like a Stables/Cache opening. My thinking was that I could discard all the coppers away to make room for GM, later I switched into a Stables strategy. Got 1 GM. 33 Archetype - 23 ^_^_^_^ 5prov-2prov

1 ^_^_^_^ - 1 Archetype

Counting The Money In The Bank, One Haven Copper at a time!
http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120812-192308-8fa86b32.html
Now this had me looking like this after.  ??? Apparently Counting House/Bank is better than Haven/Bank. The log kinda says it all. We joked around, I was going "what is he doing O.O" when he opened Haven/Haven versus my Silver/Silver. I considered that I would go pure CH/Bank only getting a Gold when I had $6. I didn't give into  CH until I got $5 draws 3 times in a row. 31 ^_^_^_^ - 30 Archetype (1 Point!)

2 ^_^_^_^ - 1Archetype

I'll post the rest of the games along with my thoughts on them in a couple hours. GG's Archetype! That was fun! Hopefully you can give your own thoughts as well  :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:09:43 pm by ^_^_^_^ »
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
Re: Archetype vs ^_^_^_^ (For Fun) Best Of 5
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 01:38:02 pm »

These games were very fun! I'll quickly post my thoughts:

Game 1: After ^_^_^_^ Double Embargoed the Golems, I knew I was screwed. I just messed around until he won.

Game 2: His opening of Embassy, greatly helped me, but getting lucky draws and landing the GM so early is what gave me the win in this game.

Game 3: This one...didn't go as well as I planned. I was going to open Haven/Develop, but I missclicked and did Haven/Haven. The game turned out better than expected, with both of us doing a BM strategy, but him using CH/Bank and me Haven/Bank. Very close game. I could have bought the last Province and nabbed the win, but I thought I was behind, and got a Duchy instead.

Game 4: He did the "ultimate opening" of Amb/Amb while I did YW/Tunnel. I think YW/Tunnel is a better opening on this board, but I just couldn't line up my Tunnels and Young Witches because of the junk that kept getting thrown into my deck by Ambassadors. Very fun game though.
Log: http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120812-193853-1a2e484b.html

Game 5: In this game, ^_^_^_^ went for a Village/Monument/TR strategy, so the counter that I went Village/Rabble/TR. Once my engine clicked, I was able to ensure he got bad draws, while I scooped up Colonies.

He also got a nice 37 points from Monuments :P
Log: http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120812-195553-5fefc92d.html

Game 6: For this game, ^_^_^_^ chose all the cards we would be playing with. I knew he was going to choose Amb, but I was surprised at what else he picked. He went with Amb/Amb to try and fill my deck with junk while trimming his. And I decided to buy as many Caches as I could to counter the junking, and have enough money to go full-on Duke.

I'm pretty sure I would have won, but ^_^_^_^ had to go, so we cut our game short. Another really fun and crazy game.
Log: http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120812-195553-5fefc92d.html

These were some really fun and intense games with both of us pursuing different strategies each time. ^_^_^_^ is a really good player and I look forward to playing with him again!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:40:18 pm by Archetype »

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
Re: Archetype vs ^_^_^_^ (For Fun) Best Of 5
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 02:03:56 pm »

The reason I didn't go YW/Tunnel is 2 reasons.
1) Bane was tunnel so it would've been very draw-luck-based.
2) You had first turn so copying YW/Tunnel would lead to me losing most likely, I've learned that if you follow the player with the first turn and don't deviate into a different strategy, they have 1 extra turn which can mean the difference. So I went amb/amb since that was my ultimate strategy and it has payed off for me often in the past.

The Monument game I was pretty much just fooling around lol.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 02:13:02 pm by ^_^_^_^ »
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.