Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: YouTube Videos of FunSockets Dominion  (Read 7607 times)

thirtyseven

• Duke
  • Respect: +475
    • View Profile
YouTube Videos of FunSockets Dominion
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:53:07 am »

I was just wondering how this new interface will affect the videos players like WanderingWinder make and upload to YouTube, if at all... I haven't seen FunSockets Dominion yet so I have no idea. I guess I'm asking, "Do you think these videos will be better or worse than Iso vids?" and also opening up discussion on FunSockets videos in general. Hopefully WW and others will continue to make them because they're so informative and enjoyable to watch! ;D
I'm only a mid-level player, so I may be wrong...

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: YouTube Videos of FunSockets Dominion
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:06:27 pm »

I have recorded some (not published) and that aspect is fine.  It's permissions to post them that are currently the problem.  The logging also makes it a little harder to follow, but you can iron that out a bit with commentary.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 12:17:57 pm »
+1

IANAMarketingExpert, but from my perspective it seems pretty stupid to not allow people posting videos of the game you want to sell.  So I guess they will allow it.

thirtyseven

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 12:21:24 pm »

I totally forgot about the legality of it... what's the current policy (if any) on posting vids from FS, and is there any work being done to reach a favorable agreement?

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 12:23:25 pm »

I totally forgot about the legality of it... what's the current policy (if any) on posting vids from FS, and is there any work being done to reach a favorable agreement?

I don't think there is a special policy for videos for the beta, but as the general policy is "Don't talk about it in public forums" I don't think there need to be one...

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4384
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 12:27:09 pm »

The agreement I read way back when FS was first known to be the company seemed pretty clearly to not allow it. We'll see what happens, but this is not high on my priority list at all.......

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 12:30:06 pm »
+1

People post videos of their StarCraft (1 and 2) games on YouTube all the time, and I don't really think Blizzard cares all that much.  I would be very surprised if Goko threw a hissy fit.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 12:33:25 pm »

Once it's released, no, I don't see the problem.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 01:20:02 pm »

It only PROMOTES their product. I'd be surpised if they did object, no game that I played had anything against posting replaying on youtube.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 03:58:11 pm »

Like I've written in the other thread, I created a thread in the Goko forums. I hope to get an official answer for video publishing.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 04:02:23 pm »

Like I've written in the other thread, I created a thread in the Goko forums. I hope to get an official answer for video publishing.

You got one!
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

thirtyseven

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 12:22:15 am »

You got one!

What did they say?

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 12:27:42 am »
+2

You got one!

What did they say?

As long as you don't try to make money on it its ok
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 03:30:08 am »

You got one!

Yeah, thanks for pointing out. They made a good decision.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 07:26:41 am »

You got one!

It's only logical.

But what if you get a sponsored YouTube account of which Funsockets videos are only a small part? You're not directly making money from the FS videos! Ha, I should be a lawyer.  ::)

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 07:40:10 am »
+1

You got one!

It's only logical.

But what if you get a sponsored YouTube account of which Funsockets videos are only a small part? You're not directly making money from the FS videos! Ha, I should be a lawyer.  ::)

If I'm going to be really that popular, then funsockets should give me extra money for the new players they are getting because of me.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 08:30:18 am »
+1

You got one!

It's only logical.

I think there's a difference between requiring people to pay to watch your video, and people paying you to get a small amount of air time on your video.  YouTube has gotten rather lax about ads - they put them on clips and even full shows that definitely are not the intellectual property of the owner of the channel they're on.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 03:48:56 am »

You got one!

It's only logical.

If you have a sponsored account, you choose what videos have ads, so you can disable ads for your Funsocket videos.

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 12:49:05 pm »

I can see it now "Ok, I'll be the very first to make a video of this game in action! Lights, camera, ACTION!!!" 10 minutes later "Ok, I'm at the site, it's loading, time to turn on the camera and microphone... and it has loaded! Sweet... clicking on Dominion, let's see how cool the graphics are. And... andd...... and.... blank screen. Well guys, it appears that Goko drew a blank as to what graphics are. Or maybe the blank is the graphics? Blank graphics..... sounds high tech! SWEET! So see ya next time guys!"
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.