Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Mini-Set Design Contest, Challenge #12: Non-Terminal Draw!  (Read 42655 times)

Sakako

• Navigator
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-Set Design Contest, Challenge #12: Non-Terminal Draw!
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2012, 07:13:57 pm »
+1

Aw, well I'm pretty happy, my first entry to a contest came 3rd by a single point! And with it comes my first post on the forums, I'm pretty sure. ^^;

I'm glad everyone liked Zealot ("Truffaut") as much as they did. I'm definitely including it in my own fan expansion. :P

yudantaiteki

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +167
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2012, 08:07:56 pm »

#41 (tie) - Investment by yudantaiteki with 0 points (Nolan)
$4 - Action
+1 Action
Discard a card costing $0 from your hand.  If you do, +3 Cards.

As everyone pointed out, this compares poorly with Stables -- initially I had it at +2 cards but I realized that didn't increase the hand.  I still like the idea if the pricing is fixed; it's probably too close to Stables to be a good fit anywhere but the interactions are somewhat different.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2012, 03:02:01 am »

Yay 10th! GG winners.

I saw that my card caused a lot of confusion, but I liked it. :)

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

RobertJ

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2012, 04:43:23 am »

Thanks very much to everyone who commented on and voted for my card. After lowly placings in most of the earlier rounds I'm amazed to have won one.

I agree with the comments that the benefit of the oponents' filtering is hard to judge and probably greater that it looks. I almost did cost the card at $3 and maybe this is a better price. Hopefully someone will be able to do some testing (unfortunately my few dominion playing partners probably won't be keen on experimenting with new cards!).

PenPen

• Thief
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2012, 07:54:55 am »

#41 (tie) - Theorist by PenPen with 0 points (Kurosawa)
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
All players reveal a card from his hand. If all players revealed a Treasure card, +1 Card for all (including you) and +$1 for you. Otherwise, all players gain a Copper, putting it into his hand (including you).

This card was based on the game theory/prisoner's dilemma idea (thus the name), but it's quite hard to find a way to truly make it work in Dominion. And it's obviously too expensive...maybe a $2 would be better. I need to be more well-versed in the card-making-fu.

One Armed Man

• Tactician
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2012, 07:55:59 am »
+1

Hmm... I was quite surprised by the comments to my card (Curtiz) here. I expected mostly cries of overpowered, with some underpowered's thrown in, but didn't see a single person question it being too powerful. It's pretty much better than Gold in big money games, as long as you don't overstock them (you need three silvers, one Curtiz and you have something as good as Gold on average). With trashing or engines making use of many cheap parts, it can be even better.

The winners were both interesting cards. One very simple, one... not so original. But I didn't vote this time, so what can I comment :P.

If it makes you feel any better, I thought it was overpowered! Liked the weaker version of the "play cards costing 4 or less" effect, Lubitsch.
$4 - Action
Reveal your hand. If there are no Action our Treasure cards costing $5 or more in it +2 Cards, +1 Action.

nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +186
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2012, 06:29:31 pm »

Wow... quite happy with 5th, especially considering my card's closest cousin (Conference Room) tied for first.  Congrats to the winners.

My wife, Bella Cullen, appreciates the comments on her creatively-named card (Oracleplusactionminusattack).  She worked on that name for days!

rinkworks

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +938
    • View Profile
    • RinkWorks
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2012, 12:50:13 pm »
+1

My wife, Bella Cullen, appreciates the comments on her creatively-named card (Oracleplusactionminusattack).  She worked on that name for days!

I laughed when I saw that name come in.  Nicely done.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2012, 07:12:00 pm »
+1

Wow... quite happy with 5th, especially considering my card's closest cousin (Conference Room) tied for first.  Congrats to the winners.

I now have nopawnsintended labeled as "creepy 150-year old sparkly vampire."
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +186
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2012, 10:13:17 pm »

Hey!  I am not creepy, but I do sparkle in the sunlight.  Now, I must hunt.... for an idea for the next contest.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2012, 10:22:13 pm »
+2

I now have Kirian labelled as a 13-year old girl. ;)

(I considered making a similar joke.)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2012, 01:53:51 am »

I'm not sure 13-year-old girls would be willing to call whats-his-name "creepy."  Also don't forget that far too many of the readers were 30-somethings who read it because... I don't know, they have no taste in literature?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2012, 02:08:27 am »

I'm not sure 13-year-old girls would be willing to call whats-his-name "creepy."  Also don't forget that far too many of the readers were 30-somethings who read it because... I don't know, they have no taste in literature?

Touche.

Related:

http://reasoningwithvampires.tumblr.com/

Wherein a learned reader works her way through the series, snarking and critiquing both (lack of) style and content.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2012, 10:46:06 am »

Related:

http://reasoningwithvampires.tumblr.com/

Wherein a learned reader works her way through the series, snarking and critiquing both (lack of) style and content.

Also of note:  Mark Reads Twilight:

http://markreads.net/reviews/2010/11/complete-mark-reads-twilight-archive/

(And as far as content/style goes, Twilight still trumps Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, as well as Fifty Shades, and--yes, it now exists, Pride and Prejudice crossed with Fifty Shades (I don't know the name).)

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2012, 11:48:54 am »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.