Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 164822 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)
« Reply #1575 on: September 15, 2012, 01:01:38 pm »

i'm actually more curious why he killed Galz

i thought for sure he was either gonna kill Volt or no kill.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (DAY 3! DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 14, 2 PM FORUMS TIME
« Reply #1576 on: September 15, 2012, 01:09:12 pm »

had a longer post but comp crashed and lost it i was on insomniac wagon, ftl was as well I think.

Yes, you both were.  Along with sparky. 

Unlike bussing sparky Day 2, "bussing" Insom late in Day 1 makes more sense as a Mafia move.  By that time the lynchwagon was rolling on a collision course with ehunt, and Insom - having claimed Doctor - was a likely nightkill target by competing scum.  So sparky (and maybe his teammate) wasn't actually CONTRIBUTING to Insom's death, and so his/their vote(s) were risk-free and would pay towncred dividends if Insom was nightkilled, thus flipping scum (as he did).

Will reread the order and timing of Day 1 votes re: Insom/ehunt.  There may be some further clues there.

But I'm also concerned a bit on how tunneling toward mafia this seems.  I'm going to be looking for mafia connections between ftl, robz, angrybirds, and you as mafia.  Also at you as WW.

Fair enough.  The reason I'm focused on Mafia right now is that we have new information available about the last Mafioso; we know he was a partner with Insom and sparky.  And now we have sparky's behavior throughout Day 2 to analyze through the lens of his flip. 

At present, I suspect we have 1 each of Mafia, WW*, and SK left.  Our goal today is to lynch one of them.  I think, because we have the most information about the last Mafioso today, we have the best chance at finding the last Mafioso today.  So that's where I'm scrutinizing now.

Also, I think it's premature to strike CF from the suspicion list.  It's possible he's a backup doctor but far from proven.  I especially don't like how he didn't reveal his Night 1 protection choice at the same time as his Night 2 choice, despite having been asked for both.  If CF were a real (backup) doctor, why wouldn't he have revealed both night protection choices together?  What, did he need to quickly look back to the end of Day 1 and pick someone who might make sense as a doctor target choice?  Feels eerily similar to Insom's claiming "doctor" Day 1 without simultaneously claiming his actual card.  Doling out information piecemeal could be because it's being manufactured.

* I know ftl posited 2 WWs remaining.  That would be 7 scum out of a town of 16.  Almost half?  That doesn't feel balanced to me, especially when we know that of the "9" town, at least 2 were VT and 2 were one-shots.  I think 6 scum out of 16 players is the more likely allocation.

This was the post that had me thinking you were SK or less likely a WW Volt.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 15, 2012, 02:25:53 pm »

Robz was pretty unlucky to be on a scumteam with me in joth's bastard mafia. I basically tunneled on him here because his play here seemed very similar to his scumplay in that BM. But I couldn't actually *make* that argument until we both died in that game.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 15, 2012, 02:34:18 pm »

Robz was pretty unlucky to be on a scumteam with me in joth's bastard mafia. I basically tunneled on him here because his play here seemed very similar to his scumplay in that BM. But I couldn't actually *make* that argument until we both died in that game.

This is unfortunately exactly true. I remember telling him in our scum QT, "You're talking too much! Just lurk. With so many people, no one is going to hold you accountable for it." And then I remembered that's what I was doing in MIX, too. Ouch!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 15, 2012, 03:11:17 pm »

Also, I am *super*-glad that Morgrim turned out town here. I was really worried that if he were scum here, we'd end up with a meta where "morgrim doing things that make sense = scum, morg being random and crazy = town" and that would just be no fun for anyone.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 15, 2012, 03:12:04 pm »

Also, I am *super*-glad that Morgrim turned out town here. I was really worried that if he were scum here, we'd end up with a meta where "morgrim doing things that make sense = scum, morg being random and crazy = town" and that would just be no fun for anyone.

Did Morgrim do things that made sense? He, uh, killed Grujah after Grujah was certainly town...
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 15, 2012, 03:30:43 pm »

Well, not with his night actions, I guess. He did avoid hammering people at random though, and seemed to day-play more reasonably.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 15, 2012, 03:34:05 pm »

Did Morgrim do things that made sense? He, uh, killed Grujah after Grujah was certainly town...

Worse, he killed me when I was obvtown at the end - and I was the only one (Abirds was sheeping me D3) that saw Volt as the obvSK. Had he shot Volt instead, we would've won, and had he not shot at all we would've... probably lost still. Who knows. Depends. There would've been 5 alive, so 3 to lynch - which means Volt could still lynch whomever he chose. But hopefully I would've been able to present Volt as even more obvSK. Eh, probably wouldn't have ended in Town's favor either - but still. :-/ Death was just too powerful in the end.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 15, 2012, 03:40:20 pm »

Grujah only looked conf-town if you assumed his kill wasn't the SK's.  Which you all did because the knife-in-the-back flavor looked like an SK kill.  But Morgrim was the only person who knew otherwise - and so from his point of view, Grujah could indeed have been the SK, putting one over on everybody.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 15, 2012, 05:48:32 pm »

Oh, wow. Congrats, Volt! And thanks, Cayvie, for my most fun mafia game yet! BTW: If Volt didn't have those extra votes, who would you have believed, me or him?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 15, 2012, 05:51:29 pm »

Morgrim, why did you shoot me over Volt? (or not shooting at all?)

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 15, 2012, 05:53:09 pm »

Oh, wow. Congrats, Volt! And thanks, Cayvie, for my most fun mafia game yet! BTW: If Volt didn't have those extra votes, who would you have believed, me or him?

I think you were vastly more credible than me at the end there Morgrim.  :)  I knew that going in when I fakeclaimed Vig - my only goal in doing so was to get the Vig to counterclaim.  It was either you or Axxle, I wasn't sure which (and if it was you, you could have been a "normal" SK as well - but if so I figured you'd counterclaim Vig anyway).

cayvie, if you run this type of game again I'm definitely signing back up.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 15, 2012, 05:55:12 pm »

Question for Axxle:  on Day 2 you commented about potentially fullclaiming and that it "should be pretty believable" or words to that effect.  All game long I figured you were a power role that had something to do with why the Werewolves got no kill Night 1.  Yet in the end you were a lonesome Mason, a claim that couldn't be proven at all?  Was that "pretty believable" comment just to throw wine in the scums' eyes?  (I guess it worked for that purpose as to me...)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 15, 2012, 06:28:52 pm »

I didnt know volt was scum.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 15, 2012, 06:36:53 pm »

I didnt know volt was scum.

Sure, and you didn't know I was town either. But were you randomly rolling a dice, or was there a reason?

Mafia Record:

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: September 15, 2012, 07:05:35 pm »

Question for Axxle:  on Day 2 you commented about potentially fullclaiming and that it "should be pretty believable" or words to that effect.  All game long I figured you were a power role that had something to do with why the Werewolves got no kill Night 1.  Yet in the end you were a lonesome Mason, a claim that couldn't be proven at all?  Was that "pretty believable" comment just to throw wine in the scums' eyes?  (I guess it worked for that purpose as to me...)

I guess it was to lure a bullet. Better him than Eevee, right?

Still, didn't work, Eevee bitten it :(

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: September 15, 2012, 07:06:24 pm »

Or he would claim mason and asked for a counterclaim (one of real masons saying he ain't one) - which wouldn't happen most likely.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: September 15, 2012, 07:37:58 pm »

Oh yeah, i thought Axxle's play under pressure was excellent this game. I was amazed he never successfully lured a nightkill.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: September 15, 2012, 08:50:14 pm »

Oh, and Angrybirds. Dear, sweet Angrybirds. The hilarity of you locking onto me as scum D1 was almost too much to bear. I was convinced at one point that Cayvie must've mentioned me somehow in your PM because it was just to ironic that you would push to lynch the one person who had loved you your whole life!

yes. that is funny. I decided early that I would lock onto someone day 1 and not leave it until I felt I had a pretty good reason to do so, but as the game went into day 2 & 3 you had such a townie read on me I thought you mist either know my role or be mafia buddying up to me. if there had not been so many other good options to lynch each day I probably would have pressed you harder on it.

and just to say this but if we had lynched volt day 3 instead of pps, like I wanted, we probably would have won by lynching pps day 4. sigh... I blame myself for casting the hammer vote instead of trying harder to get volt.

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: September 15, 2012, 08:52:25 pm »

anyway thanks for letting me play. this will probably be my last, and only, game I play. at least until school is over.  it was fun!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: September 16, 2012, 09:12:22 am »

Or he would claim mason and asked for a counterclaim (one of real masons saying he ain't one) - which wouldn't happen most likely.
This.  Mason is a more believable claim than most since there's so much more of a chance to be counter claimed.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.