Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28  All

Author Topic: Dear My Opponent: I am Sorry  (Read 326907 times)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Dear My Opponent: I am Sorry
« Reply #450 on: August 23, 2014, 03:54:45 pm »

I'm sorry I Swindled your worker's village twice before you played them, and at one point you had 4 potions in your deck. To be fair, you also opened Potion to get Transmute, so how sorry can I feel? I put 4500+ in my game name. You also Swindled my Silver into a Swindler, so thanks for that.

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20140823/log.51467e35e4b0de86766bf3f3.1408821646953.txt

transmute is a brilliant counter to swindler, because there is only one card with the same cost. I'm sorry if you lack the talent to see the underlying genius.

Oh, right! It all makes sense now.

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 24, 2014, 09:52:21 pm »

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140824/log.53be12a0e4b00ccce8075fbc.1408930649955.txt

It looked like you had this one won... until my Knights destroyed your entire economy.  Must have been a painful way to lose.

Trogdor the Burninator

• Golem
  • Respect: +76
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 29, 2014, 04:38:25 pm »
+1

Dear My Opponent,
I'm sorry I opened 5/2 on a board with Mint/Fool's Gold, and you only opened 4/3
I'm not sorry I had 7-8 Fool's Golds within 4-6 turns after opening.
I am sorry that you raggequit as that rash action of yours denied me the ability to have some fun with 7-8 fool's golds floating around in my deck, as I'm sure it would've clogged at some point, as the board was not conducive to having large deck drawing engines.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:40:02 pm by Trogdor the Burninator »
Dominion.games username: Jolinar of Malkshur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHF_bIjIPAE

(I did not create the Trogdor the Burninator song nor am I associated with its producers in any way.  I just think it sounds cool. :P)

TrojH

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 20, 2014, 10:43:58 pm »

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140920/log.5182cd42e4b05e4ebc88aeed.1411262691971.txt

Dear My Opponent: sorry for making you go through such a frustrating game. Especially the ending: you thought you were behind, and you saw I could end the game by buying the last Warehouse, so you resigned. But in fact, if you had let me buy that Warehouse, the game would've been a tie. I'm guessing you were banging your head against the keyboard after that.

At least you crushed me the next game we played:

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140920/log.5182cd42e4b05e4ebc88aeed.1411263921629.txt

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3189
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 20, 2014, 11:46:59 pm »
+1

...*

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 02, 2014, 09:10:21 pm »
+1

I had a feeling I was about to lose one game today, but then my opponent (who had a really good deck) had one turn where they hardly did anything. I wondered what happened so I checked the log...

(opponent)   draws Chapel, Copper, Cellar
(opponent)   shuffles deck
(opponent)   draws Silver, Throne Room
[my turn happened here]
(opponent)   plays Cellar
(opponent)   discards Silver
(opponent)   discards Copper
(opponent)   discards Chapel
(opponent)   draws Throne Room, Throne Room, Province
(opponent)   plays Throne Room

Damn, son. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 14, 2014, 02:51:05 am »
+15

Yesterday I had a game where I drew Copper, Copper, Estate, Prince and Copper. My opponent played a Vault turning one of my Coppers and my Estate into a Militia.

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 15, 2014, 12:58:00 am »

I'm sorry you spent so much time dicking around buying Pillage instead of Gold that you totally wasted a 7-3 Ruin split AND terrible Chapel luck by me.  I imagine you smashed in your computer after I ended the game with back-to-back mega turns that took the score from 0-30 (5 Provinces) to 31-30.  If your computer still works, next time buy Gold instead of Pillage.

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20141014/log.53be12a0e4b00ccce8075fbc.1413348428283.txt

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 15, 2014, 01:53:11 am »
+2

I'm sorry you spent so much time dicking around buying Pillage instead of Gold that you totally wasted a 7-3 Ruin split AND terrible Chapel luck by me.  I imagine you smashed in your computer after I ended the game with back-to-back mega turns that took the score from 0-30 (5 Provinces) to 31-30.  If your computer still works, next time buy Gold instead of Pillage.

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20141014/log.53be12a0e4b00ccce8075fbc.1413348428283.txt

Without checking the log, it sounds like your opponent played poorly, not that you had especially good luck (or that they had especially bad luck) for which you should be sorry.

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 15, 2014, 11:08:02 am »

Without checking the log, it sounds like your opponent played poorly, not that you had especially good luck (or that they had especially bad luck) for which you should be sorry.

Well I did have good luck setting up the megaturns, but yah mostly he played very poorly by buying Pillage instead of Gold 3 times.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #460 on: October 15, 2014, 11:19:00 am »

I agree that he played poorly, but not buying Golds and buying Pillages is one of the things he did right. He didn't have turns like

Michael Sobin: turn 22
Michael Sobin   plays Cultist
Michael Sobin   draws Cultist, Province
Michael Sobin   draws Cultist, Cultist
Michael Sobin   draws Market, Spoils
Michael Sobin   draws Silver, Fortress
Michael Sobin   plays 2 Silver
Michael Sobin   plays Spoils
Michael Sobin   buys Market
Michael Sobin   gains Market
Michael Sobin   draws Fortress
Michael Sobin   shuffles deck
Michael Sobin   draws Market, Province, Cultist, Market

because he didn't have Golds in his deck and had bought Pillages instead, he had them because his engine was horrible. Note that you wouldn't have had that Madman if he had Pillaged you every turn, like he should have.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:21:17 am by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 15, 2014, 11:49:05 am »

I agree that he played poorly, but not buying Golds and buying Pillages is one of the things he did right. He didn't have turns like

Michael Sobin: turn 22
Michael Sobin   draws Cultist, Province
Michael Sobin   draws Cultist, Cultist
Michael Sobin   draws Market, Spoils
Michael Sobin   draws Silver, Fortress
Michael Sobin   plays 2 Silver
Michael Sobin   plays Spoils
Michael Sobin   buys Market
Michael Sobin   gains Market
Michael Sobin   draws Fortress
Michael Sobin   shuffles deck
Michael Sobin   draws Market, Province, Cultist, Market

because he didn't have Golds in his deck and had bought Pillages instead, he had them because his engine was horrible. Note that you wouldn't have had that Madman if he had Pillaged you every turn, like he should have.

He was WAY ahead, and could have won any number of ways.  Buying Gold was the simplest path, but I suppose there are even faster ways. When he bought the first Pillage, I certainly expected him to buy one every turn thereafter, which would have been painful. He did not.  I suppose buying all the Markets was the biggest error.  Those just clogged up the deck when drawn in by Cultist.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3189
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 15, 2014, 11:55:34 am »

it wouldn't be the first time that someone loses because he overbuys pillages. the card is pretty overrated.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 24, 2014, 12:42:44 pm »
+6

I felt like I sold a small part of my soul doing this.  I also knew that I would get most everything as he had 4 cards in his draw deck at the end of his previous turn making it highly likely that all of his treasure was in his draw pile.  Still, I don't think I'e ever used Noble Brigand so effectively before by stealing almost all of my opponents treasure in a single turn.

Excerpt from Turn 15
Code: [Select]
shark_bait plays Noble Brigand
LuciferousPeridot reveals: Silver, Upgrade
LuciferousPeridot trashes Silver
LuciferousPeridot discards Upgrade
shark_bait gains Silver
shark_bait plays 2 Copper, 2 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Potion
shark_bait uses 4 coin tokens
shark_bait buys Noble Brigand
LuciferousPeridot reveals: Upgrade, Silver
shark_bait gains Silver
shark_bait gains Noble Brigand
LuciferousPeridot reveals: Noble Brigand, Silver
LuciferousPeridot discards Noble Brigand
shark_bait gains Silver
LuciferousPeridot reveals: Gold
LuciferousPeridot shuffles deck
LuciferousPeridot reveals: Upgrade
LuciferousPeridot trashes Gold
shark_bait gains Gold
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 24, 2014, 09:33:56 pm »
+14

liopoil: turn 3 (as first player)
liopoil   plays Urchin
liopoil   draws Copper
Andrew Iannaccone   discards Estate
liopoil   plays Sir Martin
liopoil   trashes Urchin
liopoil   gains Mercenary
Andrew Iannaccone   reveals: Copper, Urchin
Andrew Iannaccone   trashes Urchin
Andrew Iannaccone   discards Copper

These are my two least favorite cards for a reason.

gamesou

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +337
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: October 28, 2014, 07:12:54 am »
+1

This seemed like a perfect board for the cutpurse pin. Dear opponent, I'm sorry for having set it up so slowly.

Code: [Select]
Hamlet, Vagrant, Black Market, Masquerade, Cutpurse, Wandering Minstrel, Golem, Mandarin, Goons, Nobles
http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/static/logprettifier.html?20141028/log.516d321ae4b082c74d7b345d.1414492800962.txt
Designer of Chronos Conquest

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 18, 2014, 05:36:05 am »
+3

Everyone has their own Possession horror story, but I forgot how silly some of the games can get...

daisuki I'm sorry that my deck got to the state where I could play 4 Possessions every turn while deliberately having very little money in my deck, and that it took me ~20 of your turns to catch up in VP (not least because I couldn't buy Duchies or Estates for fear of a 3-pile, and couldn't add money to my deck to buy larger VP or else you'd win on any Possession turn you got.)

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20141118/log.516d70ebe4b082c74d7bffd3.1416305166779.txt
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

TrojH

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 18, 2014, 10:55:12 am »

Everyone has their own Possession horror story, but I forgot how silly some of the games can get...

daisuki I'm sorry that my deck got to the state where I could play 4 Possessions every turn while deliberately having very little money in my deck, and that it took me ~20 of your turns to catch up in VP (not least because I couldn't buy Duchies or Estates for fear of a 3-pile, and couldn't add money to my deck to buy larger VP or else you'd win on any Possession turn you got.)

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20141118/log.516d70ebe4b082c74d7bffd3.1416305166779.txt

That sequence at turn 21 is pretty amusing.

"I'll just grab your whole deck, and comb through it 5 cards at a time until I find a hand that can buy a Province. Nope, nope, nope... ah! There we go. I'll buy a Province. Okay, here's your deck back. Your turn."

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 18, 2014, 12:05:30 pm »

That sequence at turn 21 is pretty amusing.

"I'll just grab your whole deck, and comb through it 5 cards at a time until I find a hand that can buy a Province. Nope, nope, nope... ah! There we go. I'll buy a Province. Okay, here's your deck back. Your turn."

That happened to me when someone KC-Possessioned me but they instead got nothing all three turns...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 30, 2014, 10:20:00 am »

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20141130/log.516cd492e4b082c74d7a247a.1417347221018.txt#2-18

qmech   plays Oracle
qmech   discards: Jester, Province
Monsieur X   discards: Expand, Expand
qmech   draws Plaza, Jester
qmech   plays Jester
Monsieur X   reveals Expand
qmech   gains Expand

He had the village and $5 to double Province too.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #470 on: December 25, 2014, 01:03:56 pm »
+1

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20141225/log.51102b6ee4b06719e45eef9d.1419530194695.txt

Shelters game. I opened Workshop/Conspirator and played an activated Conspirator on turn 4. My luck didn't get much worse from there: I had 4 King's Courts before yed had his first.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 01:05:30 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 26, 2014, 02:39:40 pm »

Dear Snute,

I'm sorry that I took advantage of you when you didn't seem to have played Possession before.

I'm also sorry I had way too much fun doing it.

Love, Ela
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

TrojH

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 26, 2014, 07:09:13 pm »
+1

Dear Snute,

I'm sorry that I took advantage of you when you didn't seem to have played Possession before.

Love, Ela

He lost the game at turn 2 when he bought a Caravan instead of a Remake. You have nothing to apologize for.

Elestan

• Witch
  • Respect: +428
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 26, 2014, 07:29:56 pm »

Dear Snute,

Love, Ela
Given the presence of King's Court, that was actually a lot more gentle than it could have been.  I've seen KC-KC-Possession3x.  Since then, KC+Possession has been a banned combination in my Kingdoms.  It's not just that it's powerful, but that it's powerful in a way that's really Not Fun for the victim.

dereeder

• Steward
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 06, 2015, 11:25:03 pm »
+8

gokosalvager.com isn't getting the game logs today, but...

Heisenberg, I'm sorry that my single Moat blocked all 15 of your Cultist attacks while I gave you all 10 Ruins despite you having won the Cultist split 6-4.  And while it's true that the last nine were blocked because I used Count to top-deck Moat, the first six (which could have won you the game) were just dumb luck.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28  All

Page created in 1.321 seconds with 21 queries.