Dominion > Game Reports

Dear My Opponent: I am Sorry

(1/139) > >>

Thisisnotasmile:
Okay, this is a thread to post games where you did something that made you actually feel sorry for your opponent. Post the game, explain why you are sorry, and let discussion ensue. Here's one to get the ball rolling:

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20110724-031944-b624ac7c.html

The score graph says it all. I build a Scrying Pool deck that can comfortably draw itself every single turn, with King's Courts thrown in for good measure. I then pull the only Possession out of the Black Market and proceed to play 4 times as many turns as my opponent does for the rest of the game. Rubric3, I am sorry. Thanks for sticking it out until the end though!

rls22:
I have a fondness for decks with 3-4 Torturers in them...  I always feel a little bad for my opponents when I get them going (particularly if they're newer/lower-ranked and it may be the first time it's happening to them).  Sucks to be consistently hit with multiple Torturers every turn.

timchen:
One game from a long time ago: KC-Saboteur-ambassador-pirate ship stuff. I forgot what was the card that tied them together, but I am at a point where I can feed my opponent 6 coppers a turn, pirate 3, and sabotage 3 times. The game went to a point where the card he bought was immediately sabotaged and he could almost never draw it in hand, while my pirate ships grew to $10 or something.

DG:
I remember once reducing my deck down to chapel, pirate ship, bazaar, saboteur, saboteur. My opponent was ostensibly winning and it would have been a risk for me to buy any cards since my opponent could potentially sabotage my pirate ship and leave me without any spending. On the other hand his deck wasn't progressing as I could sabotage and pirate each turn. He quit in rage eventually, which is rather sad as he should have won by buying a high cards, letting them sabotage down as victory points, and exhausting three piles.

Captain_Frisk:

--- Quote from: rls22 on July 28, 2011, 01:58:40 pm ---I have a fondness for decks with 3-4 Torturers in them...  I always feel a little bad for my opponents when I get them going (particularly if they're newer/lower-ranked and it may be the first time it's happening to them).  Sucks to be consistently hit with multiple Torturers every turn.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I feel immediately sorry for the Torturer scenario.  As soon as you see Torturer + a source of 2 actions... you know with 97% certainty that the game is going to be ugly, and one player isn't going to want to play dominion again for a while after it.

Losing due to torturer lock is one of the few times that I'll break my rule of "never waste a loss by ragequitting"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version