Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Sage Jokes  (Read 42768 times)

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3960
    • View Profile
Re: Sage Jokes
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2016, 12:48:37 am »
+1

Mine/Mint, Sage, and Game of Thrones in the same RBCI, and no upvotes!  Tough room.

Grand Maester
Action/Reserve
Cost: $5

Put this on your Tavern mat.  Gain a Sage from the Sage pile.  You may play a Sage from your hand.
----------------
When you play a Sage, you may Call this.  If you do, choose one:  Mine costs $2 this turn, or Mint costs $2 this turn.  The other costs $5.
You may not Call more than one Grand Maester in a turn.  Once you have Called a Grand Maester, Mine and Mint are immune to further cost alterations for the rest of the turn.

Setup:  Add the Sage pile to the sideboard.  Mine and Mint supply piles must be included in the game, replacing other Kingdom piles if necessary.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2016, 02:43:18 pm »
+1

Sage stops for Patrol.  "This is an illegal arrest, officer, I protest!"
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2016, 05:58:30 pm »

Nobody laughed at my Sage/Groundskeeper joke. It was the best in the world. For all intents and purposes, this thread is SAGE

Come on, that was a good joke.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2016, 10:01:39 pm »

Nobody laughed at my Sage/Groundskeeper joke. It was the best in the world. For all intents and purposes, this thread is SAGE

I don't really get what Groundskeeper in particular has to do with it.  Also, I'm still upset that Grand Maester didn't get upvotes.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2016, 11:00:53 pm »
+2

I don't really get what Groundskeeper in particular has to do with it.  Also, I'm still upset that Grand Maester didn't get upvotes.

I assume we were conflating Sage (the card) with sage (the spice).
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2016, 11:57:05 pm »
+2

Either Sage the man picks up Groundskeeper the chick, or Groundskeeper the groundskeeper picks up Sage the spice. It was perfect, and nobody cared.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2016, 11:58:38 pm »

Either Sage the man picks up Groundskeeper the chick, or Groundskeeper the groundskeeper picks up Sage the spice. It was perfect, and nobody cared.

I probably would've understood it more easily with Herbalist.  Curiously, neither of them cares for the other much.  I guess that's a joke?

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2016, 11:59:25 pm »
+1

I had what I thought was the best Mine/Mint RBCI/joke of all time, and no one cared.   :'(

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2016, 12:00:52 am »

I probably would've understood it more easily with Herbalist.  Curiously, neither of them cares for the other much.  I guess that's a joke?

You're the pun master. You're supposed to get these kinds of things. I'd bench you for Colin Kaepernick, but this isn't football. Plus, Sage would skip Kaepernick anyways.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2016, 12:02:11 am »

Shoot. I picked the image because Pawn was kneeling and cost $2. I'm not calling Kaepernick a Pawn.  :P

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2016, 12:21:57 am »

Shoot. I picked the image because Pawn was kneeling and cost $2. I'm not calling Kaepernick a Pawn.  :P

I'm not sure why Kaepernick costs $2, but I'm closer to getting the last joke than I was before.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2016, 12:29:56 am »

I'm not sure why Kaepernick costs $2, but I'm closer to getting the last joke than I was before.

It's the amount of seasons he was good. 2.

Jasoba

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2016, 10:28:17 pm »

Sage skips fan made cards like gunpowder and bomb!

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2016, 09:36:31 am »

You're the pun master. You're supposed to get these kinds of things. I'd bench you for Colin Kaepernick, but this isn't football. Plus, Sage would skip Kaepernick anyways.

Do I really do that many puns?  I thought I did... other stuff?  I don't know.  I'm really proud of the time I came up with Sift Lord, though.  Probably one of my Top 10 moments in my whole life generally speaking.  Maybe I shouldn't have said that last thing out loud.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2016, 09:40:26 am »
+1

Sage is really classist, like a bad AirBNB host. They will hang out with almost any random Traveller, but not Peasant and Page.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2016, 06:32:21 pm »
+1

Do I really do that many puns?  I thought I did... other stuff?  I don't know.  I'm really proud of the time I came up with Sift Lord, though.  Probably one of my Top 10 moments in my whole life generally speaking.  Maybe I shouldn't have said that last thing out loud.

You're on f.ds too much.  ;D

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2016, 10:24:28 pm »
+5

That's the Chancellor calling the Pearl Diver underpowered...

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2016, 08:53:22 pm »

Oh yeah? Insulting me, huh? Well I can deck you. And then flip the deck into the discard pile. And get paid for doing it.  8)

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2016, 08:54:42 pm »

Oh yeah? Insulting me, huh? Well I can deck you. And then flip the deck into the discard pile. And get paid for doing it.  8)

Yeah, well, who's gonna pick you up off the bottom of the deck later, huh?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2016, 08:56:13 pm »

Are you calling me an Estate!?

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2016, 08:58:43 pm »

Are you calling me an Estate!?

I'm pretty sure I was Pearl Diver...?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2020, 05:34:43 am »
+1

Sage stops for Den of Sin.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2020, 09:40:02 pm »
+3

I'm so glad I navigated through 6 layers of forum for this.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2020, 07:30:39 am »
+1

I'm so glad I navigated through 6 layers of forum for this.

You're welcome.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.