Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion Base and Expansion Card Counts  (Read 17848 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
Dominion Base and Expansion Card Counts
« on: August 07, 2012, 02:17:18 pm »

I'm about to buy all the remaining expansions and I want to sleeve them all and thus order the appropriate number of sleeves with the games.

Where I might I find a single source that tells me the card counts for each boxed set?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Base and Expansion Card Counts
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 02:19:51 pm »
+1

I'm about to buy all the remaining expansions and I want to sleeve them all and thus order the appropriate number of sleeves with the games.

Where I might I find a single source that tells me the card counts for each boxed set?

Each Standalone, and Dark Ages, has 500 cards each.  Each normal expansion has 300.  Alchemy and Cornucopia have 150 each.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

jmieden

• Baron
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 03:21:01 pm »

I would also not buy exactly how many you need- several of the cases will break, and some of them don't fit exactly. I would buy an extra 100-200 or so.

Total cards (including new art Base Cards)- 2800 cards, so I would buy 3,000 at least.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 03:28:59 pm »

I would also not buy exactly how many you need- several of the cases will break, and some of them don't fit exactly. I would buy an extra 100-200 or so.

Total cards (including new art Base Cards)- 2800 cards, so I would buy 3,000 at least.

Yeah, I already have a couple hundred extra and was planning to buy as many more sleeves as there were cards coming so that I'd keep the pad.

engineer

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 10:53:15 pm »

Speaking of which, do you guys have a recommendation as to where I can buy that many sleeves?  The best deal I found was from mayday games.  They give 25% off the order, but it gets eaten up by the $10 shipping cost.  Does anybody know where to get 3K sleeves for less than $50?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 11:22:55 pm »
+1

Just to be crystal clear, and because I like making lists, here is the total count of all non-blank cards in each expansion.

Base Set: 486 cards
Intrigue: 492 cards
Seaside: 288 cards
Alchemy: 150 cards
Prosperity: 299 cards
Cornucopia: 150 cards
Hinterlands: 292 cards
Dark Ages: <= 500 cards

Presuming Dark Ages has at least 490 cards (if not, they could have included an additional Kingdom card), the total number of sleeves needed is between 2647 and 2657. If you only need to sleeve one set of the basic cards, you only need between 2438 and 2448 sleeves.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 06:29:45 am »

Just to be crystal clear, and because I like making lists, here is the total count of all non-blank cards in each expansion.

Presuming Dark Ages has at least 490 cards (if not, they could have included an additional Kingdom card), the total number of sleeves needed is between 2647 and 2657. If you only need to sleeve one set of the basic cards, you only need between 2438 and 2448 sleeves.

Haha, that is what I'm talkin' 'bout. I sleeve the blanks too, BTW.

Just purchased/pre-ordered:

Hinterlands
Dark Ages
Base Cards (the treasure, VP not the base game)
Alchemy
Cornucopia
1300 Sleeves

I already have the rest of the games sleeved with a couple hundred extra sleeves.

Evilbober

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 03:20:30 am »

... Where the hell did you get your card count???
EDIT: Nvm. I figured it out. Why in God's name would you sleeve Randomizer cards? It's not like they'll be seeing any plan or usage at ALL. Esp if you have a nice Randominion app like I do, lol. (By DougZ of beloved isotropic fame).

https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Dominion_series
^ Use that. That has the correct count. I just confirmed it.

Below is Sleeving summary of the card count (excluding non-sleevables*):

Base Cards up to 4 players (30G,40S,60C,30C)   160
Base Cards up to 6 ppl** (30G,40S,60C,20C)   150
2nd game** (10C)               10
Dominion (1st Edition) Kingdom***         252
Intrigue (1st Editino) Kingdom***           258
Seaside Kingdom                262
Alchemy Kingdom+potion            138
Prosperity Kingdom+colony            274
Cornucopia Kingdom               137
Hintherlands Kingdom               266
Dark Ages Kingdom,Spoils,Ruins,Shelters   465
Guilds Kingdom                  130
Adventures   Kingdom               364
Empires Kingdom                  276

Grand Total to sleeve: 3142. (Get 32 100packs or 63 50packs.)

*Cards I've defined as non-sleevables: Randomizer cards, Blank Cards, "Trash" card. If you really want to sleeve the blanks and Ranodmizer cards... look at the above provided website for card breakdown of each expansion.
**For 7+ players, it's just recommended you split it into two games; so if it's just second game, just take "Base Cards up to 6 ppl and combine with 2nd game curses.
***Watch what edition your Expansion is! There's apparently a new 2nd edition Intrigue and 2nd edition Dominion, which could change your sleeve count. Again, look at that website which has all the card counts.
****Unless otherwise specified, all the listed Expansions above are 1st edition. Seeing as they've come out with second editions for Dominion and Intrigue... I dunno if they'll also do something weird like that for the other Expansions.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 08:16:09 am »

I'd recommend getting an extra 100 pack or two - sleeves will wear out eventually and need to be replaced, particularly the cheap ones. Over time I have probably bought 3500 sleeves.

Also your above count seems to exclude Victory cards in the Base Cards?
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 12:55:51 pm »
+1

EDIT: Nvm. I figured it out. Why in God's name would you sleeve Randomizer cards? It's not like they'll be seeing any plan or usage at ALL. Esp if you have a nice Randominion app like I do, lol. (By DougZ of beloved isotropic fame).

I don't sleeve my cards (don't want to do all the work and money), but if I did, I would totally sleeve the randomizers.  I always use them to randomize, and it becomes really obvious where the new cards are while I'm shuffling.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 01:00:03 pm »

I don't sleeve my cards (don't want to do all the work and money), but if I did, I would totally sleeve the randomizers.  I always use them to randomize, and it becomes really obvious where the new cards are while I'm shuffling.

I'm just curious - how do you reliably shuffle a 300 card randomizer deck thoroughly? I liked the elegance of the randomizer deck but after awhile it just got unwieldly. Now it's basically just a Deck of Spare Cards.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 01:18:31 pm »
+2

... Where the hell did you get your card count???

Oh snap! What a scathing deconstruction of a post I made four and a half years ago in response to a specific user's specific question.

But thanks for letting me know about Dominion and Intrigue having new editions. Does that really change the card count though? And what are "Adventures" and "Empires"? Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 01:30:29 pm »
+1

To be clear, I started the thread and your reply was very helpful to me because I do sleeve the randomizers.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 02:11:28 pm »
+1

To be clear, I started the thread and your reply was very helpful to me because I do sleeve the randomizers.

Randomizers are for scrubs

Real Dominion players... something something I don't know where I was going with this failed joke
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 02:29:55 pm »

I'm just curious - how do you reliably shuffle a 300 card randomizer deck thoroughly? I liked the elegance of the randomizer deck but after awhile it just got unwieldly. Now it's basically just a Deck of Spare Cards.

Shuffle the two halves, maybe switch half of the halves a couple times, then shuffle the whole thing together (maybe just shuffling the bottom part and then the top right on top of it).  Back when it was 200 cards I could still shuffle the whole thing fairly easily.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 02:54:15 pm »
+4

Someone doesn't understand how necro wars works.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.962 seconds with 20 queries.