Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: You trust me, right?  (Read 3355 times)

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
You trust me, right?
« on: August 06, 2012, 02:43:26 am »
+1

So, figured I do the introduction thing before jumping into random threads (which I plan to do shortly, no worries about that).

I started playing Dominion at the Wednesday lunchtime boardgames club at work, and I loved the whole idea of deck-building so much that I bought Base+Alchemy at the local-but-not-cheap game store, introduced my girlfriend and her brother to it, and we then traveled 3 hours to pick up every other expansion (at the time) from the not-so-local-but-quite-a-bit-cheaper game store. We now have everything up to Hinterlands, all sleeved and neatly stored in some surprisingly appropriately-sized fishing tackle boxes, and eagerly await Dark Ages and Guilds.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
Re: You trust me, right?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 03:51:34 am »

You have been playing Dominion since Wednesday and own everything. I have been playing for 2 years and own Base, Alchemy and Cornucopia. Am I a bad person?

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 04:01:39 am »
+1

You have been playing Dominion since Wednesday and own everything. I have been playing for 2 years and own Base, Alchemy and Cornucopia. Am I a bad person?

I assume it's a weekly Wednesday event at his work, not just last Wednesday.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 08:34:55 am »
+1

I assume ConMan starts playing next Wednesday.  Clearly, ConMan can time travel.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 12:16:54 pm »
+3

When Cornucopia was released in real life and on Isotropic, rrenaud seriously considered mailing just a $50 check to Donald X. rather than actually buying the game.

He did end up buying the physical game.  It sits on his workshelf, still shrink-wrapped to this day.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 06:25:51 pm »

Yes.

Come, brethren, let us heap scorn upon the heretic.

*scorn heap*
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

ConMan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 02:18:47 am »

Of course. But not for the reasons you think.

And yes, others have already gleaned the correct interpretation of what I said - there is a boardgames group that gathers every Wednesday at lunchtime, and probably about a year and a half ago I first played Dominion at one of these events and bought it soon after (given the number of games that can be present at these things, I have since learned to be more selective in my buying sprees).

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 09:50:20 am »

Liar! You mean a year and a half from now, you scheming turnip!  I'm onto you.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 06:22:49 am »

I own all but the promos. Guess I am a better person than TINAS. :)
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

ConMan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 12:21:47 am »
+2

Rats! You caught me! And I'd been hiding it for so long, too.

So, interested in trying out my copy of Dominion: Guilds? Frankly, I was surprised that Donald X got the rights to include a Discworld-based expansion, since I thought those were tied up elsewhere, but the inclusion of Rincewind (Reaction: When another player plays an Attack card, you may reveal this and run very far away) really shakes up the balance of play.

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 02:25:59 am »
+1

"At the start of Dessert this turn, you may choose a Vegetable you have on your plate. If you discard it from your plate this turn, put it in the refrigerator."
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.