Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Celebrate!  (Read 3561 times)

Jfrisch

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
Celebrate!
« on: August 06, 2012, 01:45:05 am »
+7

Previews are that special time in Dominion where you realize how, despite having played thousands of games, we still have no ability to properly judge cards on seeing them. Without the aid of isotropic, expect massive mis-judgements by players strong and weak. (many of whom discounted jack/IGG/remake/sea hag...) The power cards will not be what you think they are. The cards that look meek may turn out absurdly strong (or, they can turn out horrible). In any case once tomorrow comes let the guessing games begin!

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrate!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 01:57:43 am »
+4

I'm tempted to start a prediction thread. "After reading the cards, but before trying them out or discussing them, take your best guess as to how they will play out!" Then in a while we can come back and see how wrong or right we are.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 02:11:41 am »

Well, we know that trashing is a theme, right? The interesting thing will be, how can there be a whole host of new, great trashers, when we already have awesome ones like Chapel, Remake, Salvager, and Apprentice? So I am expecting more super-specialty, restricted trashers that really shine in certain scenarios, to overcome the awesomeness of Remake and Co.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 08:04:22 am »

Well, we know that trashing is a theme, right? The interesting thing will be, how can there be a whole host of new, great trashers, when we already have awesome ones like Chapel, Remake, Salvager, and Apprentice? So I am expecting more super-specialty, restricted trashers that really shine in certain scenarios, to overcome the awesomeness of Remake and Co.

Well, I'm expecting two or three traditional trashing cards, but I'm guessing that a good portion of the trashing will come from other sources, like attacks that trash and cards that trash themselves in order to gain more powerful cards.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 08:07:16 am »

See, when Rio Grande released the Dark Ages description, my first thoughts about upgrading cards were: "Wait, doesn't Feast upgrade itself?  Doesn't Remodel upgrade other cards?"
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 05:04:43 pm »

I predict that Dark Ages will have more coin symbols per card than any other set (not including the two at the top of Treasure cards).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.