Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Clasic_Cards #19 - Barge  (Read 3049 times)

Rush_Clasic

• Apprentice
  • never knows best
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
Clasic_Cards #19 - Barge
« on: August 03, 2012, 11:47:13 pm »

Barge (2)
Action - Duration
+1 Action
Now and at the start of every turn (if this is in play): +$1.
-----
This enters play with two dock counters on it for each player (including you) in the game. Whenever another player plays an Action card, remove a dock counter from this. Then if no dock counters are on this, trash it.

• You have a short while to collect your goods, 'cause when they're gone, they're GONE.
  • This is one of the remnants from my attempts at making a Weeping Angel card. I was reading rinkworks' FAQ section on "permanents" because it was the idea that fit my theme, and the thing I liked most was a card that stayed until something caused it to leave. Trashing seemed like a better option than just having it discarded.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
Re: Clasic_Cards #19 - Barge
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:52:33 pm »

So you begin with (normally) 2 tokens on the mat, and once two actions are played it is over? Not worth it.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Rush_Clasic

• Apprentice
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 11:53:15 pm »

So you begin with (normally) 2 tokens on the mat, and once two actions are played it is over? Not worth it.

In a two player game, you start with 4.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 11:58:55 pm »

In a two player game, you start with 4.
Oh look, I can't read. :P
Still, once four actions (includng this) are player it is over? Still not worth it. That is +$1 for ~2 turns. Just not good enough to waste your opening buy on (unless it was the only $2 card in the supply and you had 5/2).

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

razorborne

• Bishop
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 12:07:25 am »

it's only when another player plays an action.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 12:09:44 am »

it's only when another player plays an action.
Oh, wow, I need to go to bed. I guess it is worth it now. Somewhat.

Mad, I tell you.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 01:09:11 am »

Interesting idea.  Don't know how it would play, which I think is a good thing -- it means it's a novel concept. :)

I think it would be more interesting if you could do something to make it last longer, e.g. remove a counter whenever opponent plays an action, add a counter whenever you play an action.

The main issue I see is that there are games where you can set up an engine where you play dozens of actions per turn.  That would make this card entirely useless, if the opponent does so.  OTOH, it means you might be able to permanently set up +$1 or more every turn.

But that might be OK.  Situational is fine.

Needs testing and probably tweaking, but I like the concept. :P

yudantaiteki

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +167
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 02:18:29 am »

How about being able to spend a buy to add a token?  This is only a $2 card though...

Rush_Clasic

• Apprentice
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 03:18:54 am »

I think it would be more interesting if you could do something to make it last longer, e.g. remove a counter whenever opponent plays an action, add a counter whenever you play an action.

The idea is a wordy one. I went with the simplest implementation that seemed interesting because of that. The ability to add counters back on could be a fun route, but it'd add a lot of text.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 12:21:31 pm »

Would it though?  "Whenever a player plays an action, he adds or removes a dock counter from this.  Then if there are no dock counters remaining, trash this"

Rush_Clasic

• Apprentice
  • never knows best
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 02:33:59 pm »

Would it though?  "Whenever a player plays an action, he adds or removes a dock counter from this.  Then if there are no dock counters remaining, trash this"

That... would actually work rather well. I wasn't thinking about allowing anyone either choice, but that cleans the wording right up.

PigFiend

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 03:34:46 am »

I'm inclined to say this should discard rather than trash. On the other hand, I wonder if it's more effective getting trashed than reentering your shuffles.
I like the idea of it as a vanilla extra duration card. I think I'd like it to just last two more turns than be interactive with cards played by your opponent.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 20 queries.