Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Perfect Hand  (Read 9261 times)

Blooki

• Bishop
  • I am constantly overmeditated...
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Hand
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 04:55:01 am »

Blooki: Wow, even if it involves the opponent, that's an impressive solution. I count 28 buys not 29, but I don't think it matters. By the way, you can get more VP by Buying estates instead of coppers at the end.

44 without opponent interaction is actually pretty easy: KCx2, Goonsx3, buying Colony, Duchy, Estate, and 7 copper

Should be original buy +28 buys (9 KCed GMs & Princess. Did you forget that we start with one?). Also, no spare buys for Estates. I use all 29!

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 04:59:54 am »

Your opponent's deck consists of 3 cards:                                                                             
Jest GM & KC         

Is it really that easy? If he only has 3 cards, he will have them all in hand. So you can't draw them with the Jester. So you either must manage to Torture him twice before, or ... ok, that's easier ... you change "deck" to "draw and discard-pile", and let him have 5 coppers in hand.

PS: Sorry for splitting hairs, only realized that the modification is that easy while writing the post.

Blooki

• Bishop
  • I am constantly overmeditated...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 05:12:25 am »

Now that you mention that. I wonder if there are even better solutions if I were to add more cards to the opponent's draw deck and count on perfect shuffling. I think the lesson here is to ban Jester/Smugglers/other mid-turn gainers like the OP did with Ironworks/Workshops/Universities from these puzzles else the possibilities are rather numerous.

david707

• Baron
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 06:53:35 am »

I think it's probably best to say it's a solitaire game, but your hand doesn't have to be "possible" (you don't have to have a trasher). My original solution for 44 was as Elyv stated, but I do like Kirian's solution even if it bends the rules a little. It was certainly fun looking through all the solutions :)

RobF

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2011, 10:08:15 am »

I haven't looked at Blooki's yet, but mine was an improvement along Kirian's lines (which bent the rules similarly):

KC/KC/Trusty Steed/Trade Routex2
Kingdom: 7 green cards + Colony, TR worth 11.  KC, TR, and Tournament are the other 3.
For your 6 choices from the Steed, elect: cash x3 ($6), 4 Silver x1, +2 cards x2 (drawing the Silvers).  Now with 4 extra cards in hand, the first KC'ed TR doesn't trash the other TR and you get 6 TR's each worth a colony a piece.  The extra $6 from the Steed and your normal buy gets you a Duchy for 63 total.

I think this method can definitely be improved to gain additional cards outside of the excluded Ironworks/Workshop/University.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2011, 12:55:21 pm »

Ah, yes, when I saw "no status on any mats" I didn't really think about Trade Route; I was assuming you meant players' mats.  My bad!  I'm impressed by RobF's extension, though, that's a great use of a card function almost no one uses!!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.