Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Textile Factory  (Read 1787 times)

nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +186
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Textile Factory
« on: July 29, 2012, 01:30:53 am »
+1

I came up with this card for the fan design contest (Village challenge), but after some deliberation, I decided to go with a different card.

My goal was to make a Village card that would gain and draw its own actions, but I didn't want to draw them into hand because that felt too good.  The result was a mixture between the "Hidden Village" and University.

================================

Textile Factory
$5 -- Action -- Duration

You may gain an action card costing up to $5.  If you do, set it aside with this card.

--

At the beginning of next turn, +1 Action.  Restore any cards that were gained and set aside with this card to your hand.

================================

I am a little worried that the card makes it too easy to set up a Village-Draw action combo, and hence, it feels like it is on the stronger side (especially on boards with lots of draws; Smithy, Council Room, Margrave, etc.).

Thoughts?  Suggestions for improvement?  Has someone suggested a card like this before?

Note: Original Post edited to specify that only the gained cards are restored to the hand.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 01:52:18 am by nopawnsintended »

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
Re: Textile Factory
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 01:38:49 am »

You need yo change it so that KC and TRs set aside with this card are returned to the deck instead of to the hand. Or is that how you inteded it to be?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 01:51:08 am »

Ahh, good point.  That would make it much too strong -- definitely not my intention.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 04:22:42 am »

TR, KC and duration cards are not set aside, they just remain in play.

I like this card a lot.  It's an excellent way to kick start a draw engine, but with no real +Actions you still need Villages to be able to play everything.  In the presence of other Villages I'd prefer this to University, so it's possible the cost would need adjusting, but I'd want to see how it played first.

nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 03:00:50 pm »

I like this card a lot.  It's an excellent way to kick start a draw engine, but with no real +Actions you still need Villages to be able to play everything.  In the presence of other Villages I'd prefer this to University, so it's possible the cost would need adjusting, but I'd want to see how it played first.

I am glad to hear it.  The ability to kickstart a draw engine without automatically making its own draw engine is what I was going for with the card.  I wanted to playtest this one last night, but we had other cards to playtest and we didn't get around to this one.

One Armed Man

• Tactician
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 06:44:04 pm »

Example:
$5
You may gain an action card costing up to $5.

Example might be a strong $5, though it is weaker than Governor. Textile Factory is definitely too strong since it is an odd cantrip.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.