Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My TFB Card: Downgrade  (Read 1073 times)

nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +186
    • View Profile
    • My Website
My TFB Card: Downgrade
« on: July 27, 2012, 11:25:59 pm »

Hey all,

I wanted to post a revised version of my trash-for-benefit card that failed to get many votes in the TFB contest.

Downgrade

$5 - Action
Trash a Victory card from your hand.  If you do, +2 VP, and you may gain a Victory
card costing less than the trashed card.  If you gain a Victory card, +$4.

----

My goal with the card was to make a viable TFB that gained a card costing less.  The original wording gave the +$4 bonus even if you trashed an Estate, and I think the voting and comment suggested that was too powerful -- too big of an advantage of opening 5/2 rather than 4/3.

Now, the card is a Bishop on Estates (nothing more), but it lets the player make an interesting (I think) tradeoff by cashing in green at some cost, and you get some spending to buy even better Victory cards.  I also think this would shine with alternative VP cards.

Any comments / suggestions for improvement?

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
Re: My TFB Card: Downgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 11:36:06 pm »

I like this. Sort of a limited Bishop, without the opponent benefit. Very good in VP rushes. Other than alt VP, though, I don't see it doing very much.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +186
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: My TFB Card: Downgrade
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 11:40:06 pm »

The thought I had in coming up with this is to imagine the situation where you have a VP lead, and a deck with a dying economy. You could trash a Province for Duchy, get two compensating VP chips, and the +$4 may be enough to help you keep the Province pile running.

I have a playtesting party with Polk5440 tomorrow night.  Maybe we'll try it out and see how it goes.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.