Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 75  All

Author Topic: (BM) Murder Mystery Mafia I - Dea(r)th of an Ozle Game thread - Day 6  (Read 164296 times)

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile

The Rules:

•         All Standard rules apply (see a normal mafia thread), unless contradicted below:
•         Each player is assigned a seat number, a Dominion Flavour name, and a role.
•         Each player will receive a flavour full PM describing their role, any abilities they have, their seat number, victory conditions, and any information they know about the murder.
•         Each player’s role, seat number and flavour name will be revealed upon any death.
•         Extra information may be released at any point due to an in game mechanic.
•         Dead players may not communicate after they are dead in the thread, PM, QT’s, smoke signals or any method other than a dead players QT.
•         Votes and Actions may be submitted using either player name OR Seat Number. They will be added together behind the scenes by the mod.
•         All Mod text could be important, including flavour. The Mod does not lie, however not all flavour is relevant and some of it may be redundant.
•         Unless otherwise stated, Days will be 7 days Long and Night will be 2 Days Long.
•         There are no posting style restrictions on any players.
•         The game will NOT feature:  Jesters, Cults, Insane, or Millers.
•         This is not a proper Bastard game, the mod will not lie, but not everything is as it seems.
•         The Game ends in the standard fashion when one faction stands alone, or nothing can prevent that.  Any other Victory conditions achieved will not be noted till the end.
•         All times are BST. You can change forum time for you to BST in the options.

The Murder Mystery
•         The Murderer could be of any alignment.
•         You can PM me ONCE at any point during the game with Accuse: <Playername>. This cannot be after the Murderer has been killed, or if you have been killed.
•   There are enough clues to identify the murderer, however, extra clues may be revealed during an in game mechanic.
•   Some Murder information may be revealed after a death.
•         Getting the correct Murderer gets you a Victory, but does not end the game.
•         The Seating Plan is as follows:
       Ozle
10             17   
11             18
12             19
13             20
14             21
15             22
16             23

Role PMS:

You are <Flavour Name> (Role) – Alignment
You are in seat number <Number>

<Flavour Text>

<abilities>

<Victory Condition>

•         You may quote any or some or your role PM’s with the exception of anything under Victory Conditions. However, it may not be in your best interest to do so, as that may give away vital information to other players that you may not know is important It may seem like nothing to you, but who knows what other people are looking out for. Or it may be extremely beneficial to your team.
•         You may NOT quote any or part of your Victory Condition, nor refer to it in anyway.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:51:45 pm by Ozle »
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile

Ozle loved being Ozle. He was the most popular guy in town, hell he owned the town and the Province around it! And he had money coming out of his ears (Not literally). He sat on is big comfy chair and gazed out the window of his castle over his Province, yes life was good indeed. But there was a nagging doubt at the far reaches of his mind, back in the area that he tried to ignore, along with the morals and the common sense section. What if people didn’t really love him as much as he thought? He had heard some very unhappy rumours that somebody was trying to set up an Organised crime syndicate in his village!! How dare they try! This sounded like something that happened in Oland, not here in Ozles as yet unnamed Province! Talking of Oland, he wondered why the letters from his identical twin had stopped coming, they were amusing, if difficult to understand. Ahh well, probably holed up in some tavern somewhere.

Ozle loved reading. Well he told people he loved reading anyway. And one of his favourite authors he claimed to love was Agatha Christie. And if there was something he had learned from the adventures of Hercule Poirot, it was that if you had a bunch of people you suspected were out to get you, the best thing to do was to invite them all to a dinner party. Generally though, as Ozle didn’t actually like reading at all he never actually got past the first chapter or two of these books, so had no idea how the dinner party would turn out for the host. But he assumed it went well.

The invites were written to all the important people in the town, and some not so important people. And he even had a request for a seat by a man from a strange far off land, he said he was interested in Ozle’s family history. This pleased Ozle (as long as he didn’t look too deeply into Crazy Uncle Ungar) and so sent this stranger an invite. Ozle reckoned that if there was a crime family being formed, they would be in this group of people somewhere.

So, everyone turned up on time, although he did get one excuse from a chap called Axxle saying he might be late, and the dinner began. It was all going splendidly. Then, somewhere between the main course and the deserts (an excellent soufflé) Ozle decided it was time for a big important speech! However, just before he could stand up to deliver this speech, the lights went out. A silence slipped across the hall quicker than that time Ozle had run away from the bailiffs. Ozle was in the midst of telling people not to panic as he heard a couple of chairs move, and explaining that he thought he was due another red letter before they cut off his lighting when a terrifying bestial howl rang around the room. This shut Ozle right up, as he didn’t keep pets and certainly wouldn't get a wolf!. He wasn’t allowed any since that incident with the mayor’s daughter and the goat. He remembered someone talking to him about this sort of thing earlier, but he wasn’t really paying attention.  Was this another thing he had to worry about now!  As if life as a ruler was not hard enough, all those grapes to eat and wenches to accost.

Just as he was about to get up and turn on the back up lighting, a sharp and unexpected object decided that this was the exact time it wanted to occupy the same place as Ozle’s back. And as the laws of space and time were still currently in effect, this caused the sudden problem for Ozle of killing him. Not straight away of course, he did an epic death throe where he wriggled about for ages, pointed out that this was a trifle inconvenient (which was strange, as he thought they were having soufflé), and generally milked it for ages. Which was all wasted of course because the lights were off.

When illumination was finally restored, everyone was back in their seats, looking around. The first thing they noticed was that their host was dead in his chair, slumped over onto the table. Well, that's not the first thing they did, the very first thing was to check nobody had nicked their wallet/purse. As they gazed over at their dead host, nobody was really too upset, he was a bit of a scumbag. But their eyes drifted just to the side of Ozle, and the man in seat 17 was holding a very bloody knife....

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile

DAY 1 BEGINS!

Players alive around the table (alphabetical order)

1   Captain_Frisk
2   Cayvie
3   Eevee
4   FTL
5   Galzria
6   Grujah
7   Insomniac
8   Jtotheoneah
9   Mogrim
10   Robz888
11   Shark_bait
12   Timchen
13   Voltgloss
14   Yuma

With 14 alive it takes 8 to Lynch

DAY 1 WILL END THURSDAY 2nd AUGUST at 9pm or before if a lynch happens
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 03:56:04 pm by Ozle »

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile

<reserved>

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Vote: Axxle
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
    • View Profile

Apparently I've already died and my twin Shark_bait has taken my place  :/
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile

Updated with Day 1 end date

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Well well. Is everyone enjoying the souffle? I'm finding it a trifle bland.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

Ozle was in the midst of telling people not to panic as he heard a couple of chairs move, and explaining that he thought he was due another red letter before they cut off his lighting when a terrifying bestial howl rang around the room. This shut Ozle right up, as he didn’t keep pets and certainly wouldn't get a wolf!

#t=00m13s

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Well well. Is everyone enjoying the souffle? I'm finding it a trifle bland.

I'm actually finding it quite..... fluffy.  So, anyone want to claim seat 17 so that we all can win?
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: (BM) Murder Mystery Mafia I - Dea(r)th of an Ozle Game thread - DAY 1
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 12:08:12 pm »

I am in seat 22, where are the rest of you?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 12:09:07 pm »

Enjoying the flavor, Ozle. RIP.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 12:09:50 pm »

Do we really want to start a mass seat claim?  It's very likely that some role PM's directly give information about seating that scum could use to there advantage.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 12:10:01 pm »

Enjoying the flavor, Ozle. RIP.

Ozle died for his art *sniff* its the way he would have wanted to go

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 12:11:31 pm »

Do we really want to start a mass seat claim?  It's very likely that some role PM's directly give information about seating that scum could use to there advantage.

It's also very likely that the town has information that is useful based on seating. I don't see how the scum could benefit at all from knowing about seats.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 12:13:55 pm »

If massclaiming seats was beneficial for town, I'm thinking Ozle would have just told us where everyone sits..

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 12:15:42 pm »

What if they had in there PM something like, "And the man from seat X has been eyeing you suspiciously all night" in their PM.  This would clue them in that seat 14 is an investigative role.  I don't know if this is a risk we need to take right on D1.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 12:16:23 pm »

The "they" referring to scum in above post obviously.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 12:16:40 pm »

If massclaiming seats was beneficial for town, I'm thinking Ozle would have just told us where everyone sits..

I think he said elsewhere that seatclaiming may or may not be a good idea.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 12:21:29 pm »

What if we all claimed which side of the table we're sitting on?

That at least starts the sharing of information without getting into such level of specifics that risks helping scum more than town.  Plus, lying is dangerous as it risks putting the liar into a subset of people confirmed to contain a liar (assuming the side-of-table counts don't even out), with very little clear gain from making such a lie. 

I think it's most likely that everyone, even scum, would tell the truth to this question.  And it might prove important information later on for PoE purposes.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 12:22:52 pm »

I read that as "some seats are good to claim, some arent", no way of knowing which are good, they are probably going to be a net negative (basicly outing our power roles).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 12:23:26 pm »

What if we all claimed which side of the table we're sitting on?

That at least starts the sharing of information without getting into such level of specifics that risks helping scum more than town.  Plus, lying is dangerous as it risks putting the liar into a subset of people confirmed to contain a liar (assuming the side-of-table counts don't even out), with very little clear gain from making such a lie. 

I think it's most likely that everyone, even scum, would tell the truth to this question.  And it might prove important information later on for PoE purposes.
Why do we need to know where others sit atm?

Guys, lets play to towns wincon, not our personal one.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 12:25:11 pm »

I read that as "some seats are good to claim, some arent", no way of knowing which are good, they are probably going to be a net negative (basicly outing our power roles).

Just because something is pro-town doesn't mean the mod would do it. Putting mafia/serial killers in the game at all isnt pro town!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 12:25:52 pm »

Eevee, do you want to solve Ozle's murder?  Do you think we should try to do so?  If not, why not?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 12:32:03 pm »

Just because something is pro-town doesn't mean the mod would do it. Putting mafia/serial killers in the game at all isnt pro town!

Not telling us where we sit is not very logical / doesnt fit the flavor. I think the reason he did it is because it gives us some interesting strategic choices and gameplay (when to claim and stuff). I think Ozle is smart enough to not have the system such that it can be cracked by a mass claim.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Eevee, do you want to solve Ozle's murder?  Do you think we should try to do so?  If not, why not?
No, not yet anyways. Or of course I wouldnt mind it happening, but I dont think it should get in the way of scumhunting. I dont think we can do it yet anyways, not before people start flipping (and maybe Ozle plans to reveal us some more info slowly?). It should be pretty obvious the one holding the bloody knife isnt guilty though.

I see this game as a normal mafia affair with a little mini game built in (solving Ozle's murder). First priority is hunting scum, and if I (or you or whoever) figures out the way to solve Ozles murdered (who might be town or scum), he obviously does that and wins the mini game but the main goal is the same than it is in any mafia game. Others disagree?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 19 queries.