Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 84  All

Author Topic: Vacation/Limited Access announcements  (Read 212512 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: Vacation/Limited Access announcements
« Reply #675 on: April 23, 2013, 09:50:06 pm »

Tomorow(today actually the 23rd) is my 21st birthday and I have a job interview so I will be busy almost all day, I will try to keep up from mobile but don't want to be rude to anyone I am out with. I will have consistent access till about 1 an then will be v/la the rest of the day.

Hey my 21st was earlier this month! :D
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 23, 2013, 09:51:10 pm »

Tomorow(today actually the 23rd) is my 21st birthday and I have a job interview so I will be busy almost all day, I will try to keep up from mobile but don't want to be rude to anyone I am out with. I will have consistent access till about 1 an then will be v/la the rest of the day.

LIES! Obvscum!

I can clarify my defensiveness right now. I'm 19 and playing a game with my brothers friends, something I have always wanted to do, I like my brother and his friends quite a bit. So if I think your misconstruing defensiveness as nervousness because i'm just that, nervous about being liked and accepted by all of you.

vote: mcmc

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 23, 2013, 09:51:55 pm »

All you whippersnappers make me feel like a reeeeaaaaaallllllll old lady.  Happy birthday anyway!!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 23, 2013, 10:03:23 pm »

LIES! Obvscum!

I can clarify my defensiveness right now. I'm 19 and playing a game with my brothers friends, something I have always wanted to do, I like my brother and his friends quite a bit. So if I think your misconstruing defensiveness as nervousness because i'm just that, nervous about being liked and accepted by all of you.

I am Robz888's younger brother. I live in east Lansing Michigan and am turning 21 in 29 days. This is true despite my claim of being 19 in my first ever mafia game. I actually said it mistakenly while explaining that I was young and innocently nervous, hence my scummynes(i was scum) I have never been so scared that robz would realize I lied about my age and call me out on it, then I couldn't decide if me correcting myself would be scummy anyway and decided to leave it. Luckily robz is a horrible person and didn't realize I'm not 19(just distracting from the fact that me forgetting how old I am is waaay more embarrassing)

I spend too much time on this site. XD

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 24, 2013, 01:26:29 am »

My birthday was yesterday!  Woo!
You should clarify you turned 25, you old coot!

Turning 1 on June 10th, I'm so excited!
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 24, 2013, 01:57:50 am »

LIES! Obvscum!

I am Robz888's younger brother. I live in east Lansing Michigan and am turning 21 in 29 days. This is true despite my claim of being 19 in my first ever mafia game. I actually said it mistakenly while explaining that I was young and innocently nervous, hence my scummynes(i was scum) I have never been so scared that robz would realize I lied about my age and call me out on it, then I couldn't decide if me correcting myself would be scummy anyway and decided to leave it. Luckily robz is a horrible person and didn't realize I'm not 19(just distracting from the fact that me forgetting how old I am is waaay more embarrassing)

I spend too much time on this site. XD

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 24, 2013, 10:36:31 am »

All you whippersnappers make me feel like a reeeeaaaaaallllllll old lady.  Happy birthday anyway!!
word

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 24, 2013, 07:26:08 pm »

word

You feel like an old lady too?  That makes things...interesting...

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 25, 2013, 02:31:42 am »

I should be gone for most of Thursday.... starting now.

Cheers all.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 25, 2013, 09:02:26 am »

Cheers all.

Vote: ehalc gogogogogo!

But really I would request a rule be instated for all games going forward. The same way you cannot talk about ongoing games in other threads I request this thread be a neutral thread free from scum or town thoughts. So if you want to ingame lie about "being busy" that's fine but announcing a v/la should be true and have nothing to do with being scum or town in a game.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 25, 2013, 11:24:32 am »

Cheers all.

Vote: ehalc gogogogogo!

But really I would request a rule be instated for all games going forward. The same way you cannot talk about ongoing games in other threads I request this thread be a neutral thread free from scum or town thoughts. So if you want to ingame lie about "being busy" that's fine but announcing a v/la should be true and have nothing to do with being scum or town in a game.

We had this debate ages ago, and at the time we decided to side with and accept the integrity of the players. If someone says they are V/LA, then that needs to be respected. Many of us will go V/LA but still try and get on when we can - and that's great - but it should never be a requirement that they do, and it really shouldn't be questionable either on in-game grounds.

A V/LA statement here is a VERY different thing then "I'm going out to a bar for the night with friends" in-thread. Posted here, I won't question it. Posted in thread, I'll accept it, but might see it as scummy behavior. But a player that posts in this thread that they won't be available is asking for a certain amount of respect from me - and it's the same respect I expect them to have in not abusing my trust.

The entire system of PbF gaming works a whole lot better if we maintain this integrity as individuals, and respect as players.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 25, 2013, 06:27:19 pm »

This weekend I shall be mostly arbiting at a chess tournament, and do not expect to have internet access.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 27, 2013, 02:42:53 pm »

So I start my first full-time job on Tuesday meaning my schedule won't be as flexible and my f.ds time will decrease. I will be training for a few months from ~ 10-6 forum time.

But starting around June I will be switching to a 7on/7off schedule where I will be working a 70 hour week in 7 days followed by 7 days of no work. This will make my availability a little bit unpredictable if you dont' know what week I am currently on, but I'll try to keep people posted of my schedule in the games I am in.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 03:18:27 pm by yuma »

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 27, 2013, 02:46:21 pm »

So I start my first full-time job on Tuesday meaning my schedule won't be as flexible and my f.ds time will decrease. I will be training for a few months from ~ 10-6 forum time.

But starting around June I will be switching to a 7on/7off schedule where I will be working 70 hour days for 7 days followed by 7 days of no work. This will make my availability a little bit unpredictable if you dont' know what week I am currently on, but I'll try to keep people posted of my schedule in the games I am in.

70 hours in one day?!?  Man, that must be a tough job...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 27, 2013, 03:18:41 pm »

But starting around June I will be switching to a 7on/7off schedule where I will be working 70 hour days for 7 days followed by 7 days of no work. This will make my availability a little bit unpredictable if you dont' know what week I am currently on, but I'll try to keep people posted of my schedule in the games I am in.

70 hours in one day?!?  Man, that must be a tough job...

Ha! Fixed.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: April 28, 2013, 11:06:52 pm »

Dsell asked me to post and let everyone know that he's on a trip and is having much spottier internet access than he thought he would, but that he'll post as soon as he gets a chance. He'll be back to regular internet access by next Wednesday at the latest.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 28, 2013, 11:10:24 pm »

Dsell asked me to post and let everyone know that he's on a trip and is having much spottier internet access than he thought he would, but that he'll post as soon as he gets a chance. He'll be back to regular internet access by next Wednesday at the latest.

;D

Thanks Manda

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 29, 2013, 12:11:48 am »

Yeah manda is right, but I did manage to get some internet tonight! I will try to catch up on BMIX while I'm here.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 01, 2013, 01:43:04 pm »

I'm going to be ridiculously busy until next week. I'll still be here, but I'll only really have time to drop in and make a few short posts.

Just finished swimming, need to hit up lunch and library, and then I'm coaching a game tonight.
Tomorrow I've got a dentist appointment in the morning, and I'm going to a Baseball game in the afternoon before going out to dinner with friends at night.
Friday I'll be spending half the day at a dance competition before coaching a practice.
Saturday is another game (although I'll be "free" in the evening).
Sunday I've got a practice to coach, triathlon to compete in, and then dinner with friends again.

Monday is a long ways off...

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 01, 2013, 03:06:19 pm »

Apologies for my unannounced VLA--I was attending a conference for the past three days. I'm back now!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 02, 2013, 04:37:34 am »

I've actually had wifi the last several nights through a bit of luck, but things will be a lot more up in the air again starting tomorrow through next week.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 03, 2013, 12:37:07 am »

On the road basically all day tomorrow & no access in this hell state when I'm on the move.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 03, 2013, 08:52:57 am »

Dear F.DS Mafia team,

You guys may have noticed I have not been around lately so much. I am not dead or ill or in dire straights. Mainly, my personal and professional life has lately become too crazy for me to participate in forum games. I actually haven't even played Dominion in a very long time -- I never really made the switch to Goko and by the time isotropic finally shut its doors, I was already starting to wane on the game. I imagine I will get back into the game a bit when Guilds surfaces, but who knows?

I hate goodbyes, but I hate sudden disappearances more. I won't be deleting my account, and personal messages will still reach me at my email if anyone needs me (including if you're going to be in Cambridge, MA and want to hang out) but I won't be here or checking things. You all have been crazy fun to hang out with and I hope later on in my life I'll have the chance to play games with you all again. This community is one of the coolest online things I've ever been a part of. Keep being cool and playing games.

All the best,
Jotheonah
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 03, 2013, 09:16:08 am »

:(
And another veteran is lost. Thanks for taking the time to let us know us know instead of just disappearing.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 03, 2013, 09:20:01 am »

This community is one of the coolest online things I've ever been a part of.

Sadly, I can't give you a +1 for this.
Glad to hear from you and I hope that you will come back soon. It was fun to be a mafia partner with you in MXV.

let us know us know

Archetype + jotheonah = Echoes of the Past  :P
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 20 queries.