Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: CANCELLED - REATTEMPT INCOMING - ZM1: Forum Blitz Mafia 1  (Read 7419 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
CANCELLED - REATTEMPT INCOMING - ZM1: Forum Blitz Mafia 1
« on: July 25, 2012, 03:36:15 pm »

Welcome to Blitz Mafia I: The Hail Mary Pass

If there is at least 9 registrants (I will take up to 18) I will hold it on the first day in which M6 is in night phase. I'm open to suggestions as per time frames and If people don't want to hold it here I will make a quicktopic for the actual play but the sign ups and post game discussion will be here. (Note I am thinking that this game will start at 12:01am PST on the day that it will be held with the first lynch occuring at 7am PST. The game will end when it would normally by the deadlines, or it will be put on HOLD at 4pm PST if the game is not resolved. If the game is not resolved it will restart the next morning at 7am from where it was paused.

When you in please also say if you would prefer it here or quicktopic.

THEORY if you read this and would prefer the game held on quicktopic please feel free to say so and that will trump all other votes.

Players Signed Up:
1 - Captian_Frisk
2 - Eevee - Confirmed
3 - Young Nick - Confirmed
4 - Galzria - Confirmed
5 - Grujah
6 - zxcvbn2 - Confirmed
7 - ashersky - Confirmed
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -

Blitz Mafia Ruleset Changes in RED BECAUSE RED GOES FASTER

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.  Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline (generally 30 minutes from Night start).  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.  In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1.Whomever has the most votes currently on them at lynch deadline is lynched
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax!  Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will have 1 HOUR deadlines.  If a player or No Lynch does not have a simple majority at deadline, the player with most votes currently on them will be lynched, and the game will go into night.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
9. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice. - Rule Cut
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.[/s] - RULE CUT

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:

Game Setup
Game Setup information:

The setup used for this game will be determined at game start. I will reveal the exact roles at play (since this is a fast game information will be insufficient)

Here are all the role PMs that can be in the game:

-----------------------------------------

Mafia Goon
Welcome to Mafia VII!

You are a Mafia, a Mafia Goon.

Your partner is __________, a Mafia Rolecop.

You may speak with your partner during the pre-game and night phases at this QuickTopic link: [QuickTopic link].
(Any other communication outside of the thread with any other players is prohibited.)

Each night, you or your partner may send me the name of a player you would like to kill.

You win if the Mafia comprise at least half the town, or if nothing can prevent the same from happening.

Mafia Rolecop
Welcome to Mafia VII!

You are a Mafia, a Mafia Rolecop.

Your partner is __________, a Mafia Goon.

You may speak with your partner during the pre-game and night phases at this QuickTopic link: [QuickTopic link].
(Any other communication outside of the thread with any other players is prohibited.)

Each night, you or your partner may send me the name of a player you would like to kill.

Each night, you may also send me the name of a fellow player. You will be told their role name.

You win if the Mafia comprise at least half the town, or if nothing can prevent the same from happening.

Town Doctor
Welcome to Mafia VII!

You are a Townie, a Town Doctor.

Each night, you may send me the name of a fellow player. You will protect that player from death.
You may not target yourself.

You win when all of the Mafia are dead.

Town Cop
Welcome to Mafia VII!

You are a Townie, a Town Cop.

Each night, you may send me the name of a fellow player. You will be informed if that player is town or mafia.

Town Jailkeeper
Welcome to Mafia VII!

You are a Townie, a Town Jailkeeper.

Each night, you may send me the name of a fellow player. That player will be protected from death, and will perform no night actions. 
You may not target yourself.

Town Vanilla
Welcome to Mafia VII!

You are a Townie, a Vanilla Townie.

Your weapon is your vote.  You have no night actions.

TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT A MODERATOR OF F.DS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.  IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 02:46:16 pm by Insomniac »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: ZM1: Forum Blitz Mafia 1
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 03:38:06 pm »

In.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 03:38:26 pm »

In.

Maybe I should turn BMIv into blizt mafia 0

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 03:39:38 pm »

When I read "Blitz" I thought, "but Dutch Blitz doesn't make sense as a forum game."

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 03:39:54 pm »

90% in (it will be 8pm for me when this starts so got to make sure I've got nothing the following morning so I can stay up). Slightly prefer here because I have no idea how quicktopics work but I'm sure I'd figure it out.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 03:40:32 pm »

in

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 03:43:08 pm »

When will this game actually be held?  I see stuff about 7am, 12am, 3pm and 1 hour deadlines.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 03:47:59 pm »

When will this game actually be held?  I see stuff about 7am, 12am, 3pm and 1 hour deadlines.

To clarify

The game will start at 12:01am on the first Monday-Thursday that M6 is in night phase and we have at least 9 people registered

The FIRST deadline will be 7:00am

There will be 1 hour deadlines after that or 30 minute nights so roughly
7:30am Night 1 deadline
8:30am Day 2 deadline
9:00am Night 2 deadline
10:00am Day 3 deadline
10:30am Night 3 deadline
11:00am Day 4 deadline
etc..

If the game is not over by 3:00pm it will pause until 7:00am the next RL day at which point 1 hour deadlines resume.

All times listed are in PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:49:41 pm by Insomniac »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 03:50:19 pm »

Just to clarify, its 12:50am in PDT right now, correct? (I first thought it would be forum clock time but apparently not.)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 03:51:13 pm »

I think this actually is one to many mafia for me! Just don't have the time. Galzria gets the chance to overtake me, after all.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 03:51:22 pm »

If you're really going to run it like that - then I am in for weekend only.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 03:52:30 pm »

Just to clarify, its 12:50am in PDT right now, correct? (I first thought it would be forum clock time but apparently not.)

12:50PM

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 03:53:21 pm »

as I mentioned I'm open to suggestions that was just my original thoughts.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 03:54:41 pm »

I am maybe in. Depends on the date.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 03:54:56 pm »

I'll do it on a Saturday, or eastern time evenings.... but I can't commit to a full day of mafia during the week.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 04:00:57 pm »

I'll do it on a Saturday, or eastern time evenings.... but I can't commit to a full day of mafia during the week.

I've changed it to allow weekends though I'm liable to be phone posting and perhaps a bit tardy if its a weekend but ill still do it

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 06:07:28 pm »

So with M6 winding down, I might not have to worry about it eating peoples times. What days look good for people?

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 12:28:35 am »

Last time I checked, there ain't no underscore in ma name. Fix this. Now.

Or else.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 01:14:40 am »

How have I not replied to this? And why would Insomniac not auto-enter me?

-1 point sir. -1 point.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 12:27:59 pm »

Last time I checked, there ain't no underscore in ma name. Fix this. Now.

Or else.

Done

How have I not replied to this? And why would Insomniac not auto-enter me?

-1 point sir. -1 point.

I was worried you weren't in. Robz wasn't!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 05:56:16 am »

I can probably play.

I'd prefer some IM thing like IRC but forum is fine too.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 09:52:10 pm »

Can I get some times/days that work for people since M6 isn't running I don't think theres a mega thread people have a hard time keeping up with that would make this a pain to play in now.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2012, 07:31:16 am »

I guess just a weekend or a weekday that is after 3 Fridays from today (aka after the 17th).

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 04:18:11 pm »

How do people feel about this being run this saturday if we get enough players?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 04:21:31 pm »

Gogogogo
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 19 queries.