Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Win Type  (Read 6691 times)

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Win Type
« on: June 15, 2011, 03:40:31 pm »

Is there a way we could have a player-by-player breakdown, much like those for # of players, last X days, and starting position, of record by how the game ended (i.e. Colonies, Provinces, Piles, or resignation)?
I have a feeling that I'm best in Piles endings (okay, I'm discounting resignation here), followed by Provinces, and suck at colony, based on anecdote and my popular buys page, where Platinum/Colony are tied for my 9th-worst win rate when available, but I'm interested in more concrete data.

Love the site by the way.

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
Re: Win Type
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 03:53:28 pm »

This is the kind of thing I'd really love other people to contribute.  It's a nice way to ease into the project, it wouldn't really be all that hard, and it could be useful.  I already record the game end reason from the logs and import it into the database (https://github.com/rrenaud/dominionstats/blob/master/parse_game.py#L282), and while the code that renders the player pages is kind of a mess, it's not really doing anything complicated (https://github.com/rrenaud/dominionstats/blob/master/frontend.py#L195)

Axe Knight

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
Re: Win Type
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 02:52:58 pm »

Along the same lines, how about a way to rank your opponents by record/level?  I'd love to see who I've beaten, and who I've lost to. 
An Axe Knight draws near!  Command?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.25 seconds with 20 queries.