Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Mini-Set Design Contest, Challenge #7: Village!  (Read 36002 times)

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-Set Design Contest, Challenge #7: Village!
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2012, 12:59:44 pm »

Calling cards "mint" and "vanilla" ^^

About Poppy, doesn't the +$1 choice look like an attack ? If they don't have chapel/moneylender and so on in hand..., they've +$1, right, but they may not want it ! Especially if you intend to play minion/militia...
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2012, 01:06:12 pm »

Man, I'd hate to be the guy who got his card named "Vanilla."

Also, shouldn't Cilantro and Coriander be the same card?

Also also, no Melange?  I'm disappointed.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

rinkworks

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +938
    • View Profile
    • RinkWorks
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2012, 01:08:13 pm »

I thought Fishing Village was overpowered for a long time (not game-breakingly so, just something that would have been better off at $4) until I realized just how huge a drawback the lack of +Card is.  It's still the Village of choice for most normal Village uses, certainly, but there are plenty of situations where the lack of card draw absolutely killed me.

rinkworks

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • RinkWorks
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2012, 01:09:51 pm »

Also, shouldn't Cilantro and Coriander be the same card?

Same plant, but different herbs.  The leaves and seeds aren't really interchangeable.  (Or are they?  I'm no expert.)

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2012, 01:58:07 pm »

Wow, lots of entries.  Looks like a lot of interesting ones.  Since there are so many villages, most of these should be comparable to one that already exists, so in general I think the best idea is to compare to what we already have.  Let's begin!

Cinnamon
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
When a player gains a Victory card, you may set this aside. If you do, gain a Silver in hand. Return this to your hand at the start of your next turn.
Cross between Fool's Gold and Village?  I don't quite understand the reaction bit.  I mean, it's a decent reaction don't get me wrong... but it doesn't make a lot of sense on a village.  But, it's probably a decently strong $4 village.

Basil
$4 - Action
+2 Actions
+$1 for each differently named card you have in play (including this).
--
When you buy this, you may gain a [This Card].
Villages that give $ are really good (FV, Festival, Bazaar are 3 of the best ~5) and this can easily give $2/3.  I'd almost always take this over Festival, and with another village it's easy to make them all worth $3 or $4.

Anise
$3 - Action
+2 Actions
+$1
+$1 for every three actions in play, including this.
It's a non-duration FV, with a potential for a bonus.  Probably alright but maybe too strong.

Parsley
$3 - Action
+2 Actions
If you have played [This Card] at least...
2 times: +1 Card
3 times: +$1
4 times: +1 Buy
5 times: +1 VP
I like this.  Cross between City and Conspirator.  Because it doesn't start with a +Card AND +Action you can't just blindly buy it, especially because until the 3rd one it doesn't really help you out.  May have to cost $4 though, as it's more similar to those than vanilla village.

Cardamom
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
You may discard a Victory card from your hand.  If you do, +$ equal to one third its cost in coins, rounded up.
Comparable to Bazaar.  If you discard an estate +$1, duchy +$2, Province +$3.  Probably balanced and of fair strength.

Fennel
$2 - Action
+2 Actions
Place any number of cards on the bottom of your deck.
For each card you do, +1 Card.
Place any number of cards on top of your deck.
For each card you do, +$1.
Ok this card doesn't really make much sense to me.  It seems great at getting lots of $4 cards... but to do that it doesn't get through your deck.  Much worse that Secret Chamber IMO... although it combos well with Draw to X so maybe it's fine.

Dill
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
While this is in play, when you gain a card worth $3 or more, +1 VP.
Kind of like Goons mixed with Village.  I like it except for "Worth".  Does that mean if you play, say 3 bridges to make all cards cost 3 less, do silvers still count?  I think it should say costing $3 and I think it's good then.

Cilantro
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
When another player plays an Attack card, or during your Buy phrase, you may reveal this together with any number of Action cards from your hand. Put all revealed cards on top of your deck in any order.
I don't even get the reaction part.  I guess it's useful if you draw this off of a dead draw smithy?  Or if you're going to get milita'ed you can choose to get ghost shipped instead?  Bleh.

Ginger
$1 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
If you have 2 or more unused actions left at the end of your turn, during the clean-up phase, draw 7 cards instead of 5.
--
This card cannot be bought if you have any treasures in play.
Way, way way too good with Remake.  Simply remake coppers into these and you'll start each hand with 7 cards + these cards don't even clog your deck.  I'd like it more as "this card cannot be gained, only bought" or something like that.

Paprika
$5 - Action
+2 Actions
Put a card in play other than a [This Card] into your hand.
This is interesting when combined with another village.  Play Village + Witch + this card + Witch again.  I don't like it though.  To me it seems worse than throne room, and should cost $4.

Nutmeg
$3 - Action
+3 Actions
--
At the beginning of your Buy phase, if you did not play any actions after this card, gain an Action card costing up to $4.
Kind of like an unreliable and worse workshop combined with a non-drawing crossroads?  I'd be hard pressed to take this card over vanilla village.

Turmeric
$4 - Action
+1 Card
You may trash or discard 1 card from your hand. If you do, pick one: +2 Actions, +2 Cards, +$2.
This card seemingly blows Upgrade out of the water as a non-terminal trasher.  Plus it seems much better than Steward.  I'd imagine this + Masquerade to be one of the best openings.

Rosemary
$7 - Action-Duration
At the start of each of your turns, choose two: +1 Action; +1 Buy; put a [This Card] token on this card; +$1 per token on this card, then trash this card. (The choices must be different.)
So a permanent village.  Basically you want to choose the action and token every time, than on your last turn chose +Buy, +$ and get a mega turn.  I don't like the snowballing effect.  (As in a lucky turn 3 $7 and T5 play is basically gg)

Thyme
$3 - Action-Reaction
Choose one: +2 Cards or +3 Actions.
--
When you discard this from play, you may put it on top of your deck.
--
When you discard this other than during a Clean-Up phase, you may reveal it. If you do, set this aside, then at the start of your next turn, return it to your hand.
I don't like it.  A) If you play it twice, you get the benefits of one Village.  If you play it thrice you get the benefits of one Laboratory.  B) Once you get 5 of these you can guarantee yourself a 6 card hand +2 actions every turn.  C) It makes playing rabble REALLY scary.

Mace
$2 - Action
Choose one: +2 Cards; or +2 Actions; or +$2; or +2 Buys.
Nope, this is the old version of steward.  Pass.

Clove
$2 - Action
+2 Actions
You may gain a Copper in hand.
Ok so this is a non-duration FV that gives you a copper.  This is really good where copper's good (ie. Counting house, coppersmith, gardens).  Then it's almost as good as FV.  Otherwise, it's probably still better than NV (non-bridge game).

Oregano
$4 - Action
+2 Actions
Draw until you have 5 cards in your hand.
Seems too good with other discard cards.  ALL the other Draw to X (outside of Minion which plays much differently anyway) are terminal, probably for a reason.

Saffron
$2 - Action
+1 Card
You may discard a card; if you do, +1 Action.  You may trash a card; if you do, +2 Actions.
You almost always want to trash a card here, and then it's just too good.  I mean, it's basically as good as Upgrade (yes you can't get a card in return but most of the time you don't want one) and you get an extra action.

Coriander
$3 - Action-Duration
Now and during your next turn: +1 Action, and you may play Victory cards as though they are Treasure cards.  Victory cards played in this manner provide $1, plus $(1/3 of the printed VP on the Victory card, rounded down).
--
(Rules clarifications: The "printed VP" refers to the victory points provided by the card, e.g. Estate = 1 VP, Duchy = 3 VP, etc.  Victory cards with no printed VP total on them, e.g. Gardens, Silk Road, and Fairgrounds, provide just the flat $1.  Victory cards played in this way are not Treasure cards and do not count for cards which look at Treasure cards, like Bank, Venture, and Loan.)
I like this but it seems like its mostly worse than FV, as you don't get a village this turn, and you have to have 2 duchies/ provinces to get more $.

Garlic
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
You may trash this card immediately. If you do, +1 Action.
--
When you buy this card, gain two copies of it.
--
Special rule: The supply pile for [This Card] has 30 copies of it.
I don't like this card.  It will take way too long for beginners to decide whether to trash it (even more difficult decision IMO than MV) and it's not all that good.

Caraway
$3 - Action-Attack
+1 Card
Discard any number of cards.  +1 Action per card discarded.
Each other player gains an Estate, putting it into their hand.
So for it to be a village, it leaves you with a 3 card hand.  Gaining an Estate in hand is an attack, but not a particularly good one.  Seems bleh if bad to me.

Tarragon
$5 - Action
+2 Actions
Trash up to 2 cards from your hand.  +1 Card for every card trashed this way.
This card I like but it may be too strong.  You'll be left with a 4 card hand whether you trash or not, and you can trash multiple cards.  Really good IMO.

Lemongrass
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
When you discard this from play, you may put it on top of your deck if you bought a Treasure this turn.
Similar to Walled Village... and what card wants to be compared to Walled Village?

Marjoram
$4 - Action-Duration
+2 Cards
At the start of your next turn, +2 Actions.
Bad, bad, bad.  +2 cards this turn is powerfully weak.  And +2 actions next turn isn't much better than +1 action next turn.  This would be so much better (albeit too good) at +2 actions, next turn +2 cards.

Cumin
$3 - Action-Victory
+2 Actions
+1 Buy
--
1 VP
Comparable in strength to Great Hall, I like this card.

Sage
$6 - Action-Duration
At the beginning of every one of your turns, +1 Action, +1 Buy.
--
While this card is in play, during your turn, Victory cards cost $2 more and non-Victory cards cost $1 more.
Yuck, yuck.  The problem is there is no way to get this OUT of play.  Once you play this, buying cards becomes very difficult, and if you somehow play 2 or 3 you can't win.  Any card where you can play 2 or 3 and be screwed is bad.  Add a "you may trash" benefit-clause, then maybe.

Mustard
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
You may put a Victory card from your hand on top of your deck. If you do, +1 Buy, +$2.
I like this.  Simple, and you get the chance to make this turn better in exchange for Bureaucrating yourself.

Sesame
$4 - Action
Choose one: Draw until you have 6 cards in hand; or: +2 Actions, +$1, +1 Buy.
Too easy to 1 card combo... Minion might be much stronger BUT the jump from 4 to 5 is huge.  This can be gained with WS / Talisman too easily, and it leaves you with a bigger hand unlike Minion which leaves you with 4.

Allspice
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
If any Supply Victory card pile is empty, +1 Card.
--
When an opponent plays an attack card, you may reveal and set this aside from your hand.  If you do, +1 VP.  Restore this to your hand at the start of your turn.
Comparable to City.  The action part is strictly worse than City so makes sense at 4.  The Reaction part is strong, but not so strong as to avoid attacks.  I like it, but cantrip moats are generally bad.

Borage
$5 - Action
+4 Cards
+2 Actions
Put 4 cards on top of your deck in any order.
This is like the last challenge, and I don't like this card.

Chervil
$5 - Action
If played for the first time this turn: +2 Cards, +2 actions, +$1.
All other plays: +$1, +2 Actions.
I like this card.  The first time benefit is so strong you will always (well not always... but always) want to buy at least one, but because you want to see the benefit more you'll probably buy more.  Then when they collide they get weaker.  I'd make the first benefit even stronger and the second even weaker to make it more interesting.  Like +3 cards the first time, and then only +1 action.

Lavender
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
When another player gains a Treasure, you may discard this card from your hand and gain a copy of the Treasure card they gained.
Good if you can gain a gold / bank... but in a deck where you want this card, will you really want to give it up to get a treasure?  I mean, it can work but I don't like it.

Mint
$5 - Action
+2 Cards
+2 Actions
--
When at least one [This Card] is in play and you gain a Province or Colony, every other player gains a gold, putting it into their hand.
Trusty Steed with a harsh penalty.  I'd make it harsher IMO.  Ie. When at least one [This Card] is in play and you gain a card, every other player may gain a card costing less than it, putting it into hand.  So if you gain a gold, they gain a lab.  Etc.

Patchouli
$5 - Action
Gain a Copper, Silver, or Gold in hand.
If you gain a Copper, +2 Cards, +2 Actions.
If you gain a Silver, +1 Action.
If you gain a Gold, discard two cards.
The copper one is way too strong.  The Silver is balanced.  And the Gold is way to weak.  I like that about it, because I like any card that makes copper good.

Stevia
$3 - Action
Choose one: +2 Actions, or all players draw up to 6 cards in hand. You may set aside any Treasure cards drawn this way, as you draw them; discard the set aside cards after you finish drawing.
--
(Rules clarification: If the draw option is exercised, only the player who played the card may set aside Treasure cards as he draws up to 6 cards in hand; all other players simply draw up to 6 cards in hand.)
I really don't like this card.  The helpful benefit for your opponent is equal to playing CR, and if you don't have any other discard for benefit cards, you are worse than a village idiot.

Cayenne
$3P - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Choose one: +1 Card, +1 Action, +$1, +1 Buy.
So it can be a Laboratory, a Village, or a worse Market.  Why does it cost 3P?  Compare it to Alchemist.  Yuck.

Juniper
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
You may discard an Province. If you do, +1 Card.
--
In games using this, when you gain an Estate, you may gain a [This Card].
I can't tell if I like it or not.  On one hand, it's good when you're greening as it adds cycling, but until then it's just a village.  And the reaction part... eh good against ambassador, bad for anything else I think.

Fenugreek
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
If you have played [This Card] two or more times this turn, +1 Buy.
If you have played it three or more times this turn, +$1.
If you have played it four or more times this turn, +1 Card.
If you have played it five or more times this turn, +1 VP.
Cross between City and Conspirator.  It would be alright EXCEPT I think a card like this should not give +Card and +Action the first time.  It makes it way way to easy to spam them.  Move the first + Card to join the + Buy and I like it.

Arrowroot
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
When you gain this, gain a [This Card] token.
--
At the start of any turn, you may return one [This Card] token before you play your first action. If you do, +1 Action.
I like this.  It's a village, and you can make it so you have a village at any time.  **Good**

Poppy
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Choose one: +1 Card, +$1, or trash a card from your hand.  If you choose...
+1 Card, each other player draws a card.
+$1, each other player gains a Copper in hand.
Trash a card, +1 VP, and each other player may trash a card from his hand.
This is trying to be governor, and it isn't working.  The Card option is hardly better than what you give your opponent, and $ could be good but when it is it's because the card acts as an attack, and and the trash a card option is fine I guess.

Savory
$4 - Action-Attack
+2 Actions
+$1
Each other player may discard a Treasure card.  If he doesn't, he gains a Copper.
Almost always the player will want to gain a copper, or they'll discard if the attack doesn't affect them.  And the village for you is weak.  Pass.

Vanilla
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Choose one: +1 Action, or discard your hand and draw 4 cards.
So this card can be a plain village, or if you're left with little in hand you can self-minion.  Eh... I'm not sure if this is fine yet.
A man on a mission.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4384
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2012, 02:13:10 pm »

Cinnamon - interesting, in that silver flood does not go with engines, but on the other hand, it gives you an extra card, and 2 money right now. Seems too strong.
Basil - Seems a bit too strong; maybe balanced without the double-gain, but that is pretty big for engines.
Anise - does what Basil tried, but better I think. I rather like this. You usually need to play villages first, so it's not going to be a HUGE cash machine too often, though it gives you something for having extras at the end. I might cost it $4, but on the other hand, it will usually be giving you sort of less cash than fishing village, so I can't imagine it's SO much better than FV.
Parsley - should be a 'while in play' thing I think - current wording is ambiguous - but it's just a bit busy for me anyway.
Cardamom - Just seems too strong. Usually you will have at least an estate, so this is usually at least bazaar, which is a good card. Furthermore, duchy (SR or Gardens) gets this into GM territory, and province, which is certainly possible late game, gets you a cantrip $3, which is massive. Consider that in a draw-my-whole-deck engine, I can recycle that province over and over and over.
Fennel - I think I'd like this, if you scrapped the second 'place any number...' ability. As is, I think it's a bit strong. Village that does cellar and secret chamber, and okay, you can't discard, but while that's USUALLY bad, it isn't always bad.
Dill - A bit overpowered. It is like a village version of monument, which is not so bad in-and-of-itself, since the gains do lead to game end (though there is some big ambassador combo to get you something crazy, and that is brooooken), but in an engine, where you gain lots of pieces, you can reap SOO much VP off of this, it's silly.
Cilantro - Should say 'buy phase', not phrase ;) Otherwise, I like it.
Ginger - Don't like the $1 cost, the restriction is not at all hard to get around, and the 2 unused actions thing just seems so wonky.
Paprika - I would cry overpowered on this, but again, you typically have to play your villages first, so maybe it is not so bad. In fact, if there isn't a way to break this, I think it might be a little weak at 5 - sure, playing your nicest card again is very nice, but you have to get that in play first. Compares sorta to throne room, I think.
Nutmeg - hmmm. This seems... weird. The not playing any actions after... I dunno. The 3 actions thing is not something I'm a huge fan of either.
Turmeric - Didn't realise this wasn't spelled Tumeric. Uh, I guess this is good, but it's not my cup of tea for some reason.
Rosemary - not really the place for a permanent duration; the last two abilities seem a bit wonky too; furthermore, can you get this out soon enough? I don't know - there are a few cool concepts here, but the execution just seems too outlandish.
Thyme - So my first thought is that it would be too easy and good to grab a stack of these. But on a little further reflection, how good is a stack of these? Not that great. But a couple can REALLY grease an engine. Heck, just one or two and you can grab all kinds of draw cards, whatever you want. So still just a tiny bit overpowered for me, I think. Epically strong with watchtower.
Mace - Well, it can do at least 2 things that are a touch weak, but basically balanced at the 2 level, plus two more. I think this is a 3, okay, but nothing special.
Clove - it's a village that copper-floods, and the card you draw is always copper, and you don't cycle so well. AKA, it's terrible. It is on theme for the set, but... it's just so weak.
Oregano - Most often a village, as you play it start of turn, less than a village for your traditional engines with smithy-like cards, better if you have non-draw terminals. And a defence to discard attacks. Maybe a touch strong? But I like it.
Saffron - another card I cannot see so much what it's doing. I mean, non-terminal trasher is probably the biggest thing? Probably pretty terrible late, but you can maybe snag 2 or 3 early and then use them to get rid of each other later? I think this is probably a fine card, but don't have a lot of instinct.
Coriander - SO busy. Similar to Anise, but with this crazy thing added on. You know, I LOVE the crazy thing (or at least the idea of it), I just don't like it on this card.
Garlic - Holy crap, that is a ton of cards you gain. 3 at once, pop a village when you need it? Seems a little good for 3 as is, maybe. However, the big thing is that it is broken with vineyard, and probably pretty good with gardens? I mean, mostly just a slightly better village. It's not so bad.
Caraway - Who has heard of this spice? I was with you for the rest, you lost me here. This is strong with library/jack/watchtower, and then the estate-giving, on what is most likely a non-terminal, and with the possible double-opening? That makes it brokenly strong. Early on, those things aren't too far from curses, you know? I imagine that this is just the stupidest strong card in the game, except probably against gardens/SR rushes, and *maybe* curse-giving attacks.
Tarragon - I don't see why this has to be costed $5. In fact, I would guess that makes it too weak, usually. I maybe like it at 4. I mean, you always net -1 card with it, but okay, it is non-terminal trashing, and eventually a gimped village. Feels 4 to me.
Lemongrass - I think I like it. Largely village, but gives a lot of stability once the engine is rolling - assuming you have +buy. I think I might like it even a touch better if it was just gained a treasure. Compares to walled village.
Marjoram - moat now, two villages later? I would really like it if it were only one village next turn; as is, this is sooo spammable, I will take it up and down, all day long (i.e. it seems to me, it is too strong- rhyme intentional)
Cumin - compare to worker's village. It gives a VP rather than a card, and it's a little cheaper. I quite like this - probably normally worse than village, but it gives you 3 of the things you want in an engine - extra actions, buys, and a little more VP to give you something. Also, I like the idea of early-game VP buys.
Sage - See my comments on Rosemary. Man these seem really similar. But this is worse, because perma-cost increases can get the game to un-endable states, and this does that fairly easily. Enough of these, and it's just no end to the game in sight.
Mustard - A village that goes GM if you put green back on your deck. Hmm... seems too strong to me - in an engine, you pop that bonus a LOT. Heck, even without the engine, a ton of these with even just an average-ish amount of green cards, you are doing pretty well. Works well with tournament and baron, also.
Sesame - This is a single-card combo. Reminds me of archivist, though I guess I will have to dig that out to see what it did. So, I like the card, but the question is whether it is too strong. I think, I think it is better than most such cards we see, and would normally get cost 5, but is it really game-warping, or even to the level of hag, jack, etc. Well... no. So I like it.
Allspice - anti-alt VP rush village. Okay, interesting, though it won't come up that often. But then you stick an incredibly good reaction on it, and it is too good against attacks - a free VP is enough to offset most of your attacks so, so much, and I don't think that's good for the game.
Borage - another spice I haven't heard of. Huge sifter, huh? Seems weak though, because you have to go back on deck. If it was discard, this would be quite strong, though probably balanced. But as is, well, usually you want to play a village in an engine, right? But in most engines, well, you draw those cards right back, so it smooths you out a bit, but you net lose a card, so... I think this could be a 3, honestly.
Chervil - So sorta like a reversed city. First play is obviously awfully strong, and grabbing about two seems really good, maybe too good. But 2/2 is not so good as people think.
Lavender - So, a village you can use as an immediate non-terminal smugglers/workshop with the restriction being that it must be treasure. Okay, should be fine. Just not so cohesive - why are these abilities together?
Mint - Mint is already a card, so you (rinkworks) ought to give this a different name. Wow, gold-in-hand is ridonculously good. You can really only use this card as part of a multi-multi-per turn strategy, that grabs everything in a turn or two, right? Or alternate VP of some sort, where it's very strong, if that's viable. I dunno, seems a little weak, but interesting.
Patchouli - 'if you gain' should be 'if you gained', I think. Seems very powerful. Copper gives you a LOT, silver makes this like a non-terminal explorer, I guess with a little drawback, and it has another option I guess you could use sometimes. Uh, too strong.
Stevia - Another single-card engine. And I like it.
Cayenne - This so outclasses alchemist, no? Okay, that doesn't say so so much. Probably pretty balanced, pretty good.
Juniper - You can grab it off an estate? Who gains early estates? So it's more of a village with some endgame spice. Okay, I can get behind that. I guess it also has some 3-pile possibilities, and works with baron/followers. I can really get behind that.
Fenugreek - You made that name up, right? See my comments on Parsley.
Arrowroot - 'before you play your first action' is superfluous. Card is sorta meh.
Poppy - Too strong - option 1 is not too good, but option 2 is bazaar that gives opponent copper in hand - okay, this is usually a benefit to you, especially early on (and this isn't even an attack?!), and option 3 is sorta like bishop, probably better than bishop on the whole. And it costs $4(!)
Savory - If the copper gained in hand, I would love this. Well, maybe that would be too weak. As is, mmm. Not sure.
Vanilla - basically minion but cheaper, and can't gain money, and without the attack. Okay, whatever, that is not so minion, but it is everything I like about minion, and can be used as a village too, so I do believe I rather like it.

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2012, 02:28:09 pm »

Cayenne - This so outclasses alchemist, no? Okay, that doesn't say so so much. Probably pretty balanced, pretty good.

I think one of us is misreading this card, but isn't this almost always outclassed by alchemist?
A man on a mission.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 02:31:15 pm »

I think one of us is misreading this card, but isn't this almost always outclassed by alchemist?
Putting the card back on top vs being able to trade a card for an action, money, or buy? I take flexibility over consistency.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2012, 02:48:03 pm »

Re: Powerman's assessments:
Cilantro: I think the main use of the reaction is to let you set up your next turn. Particularly useful if/when you are overdrawing your deck.
Turmeric, Thyme, Saffron - excellent points.
Clove: You have to keep in mind, villages get used for engine decks, and engine decks often don't like silver, let alone copper... further, FV without the duration has to be worse than normal village normally, by a good amount, and this is worse than that.
Oregano: I don't know what you mean by 'other discard cards'; 'other' doesn't make sense at all, and I can only think of minion, HT, hamlet, warehouse, cellar, young witch as cards that discard-for-benefit right now, and they don't seem gamebreaking combos here.
Caraway: Gaining an estate IS a particularly good attack.
Marjoram: Gotta disagree. 2 cards is pretty weak, but not so bad as people think. And 2 actions next turn IS much better than 1.
Allspice: I have to think that +1
Mint: I think you overrate how good lab+village is.

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2012, 03:11:53 pm »

It has issues in that there are fewer Estates than Curses available, and that Estates are sometimes desired in late-game greening anyway, so using them for an attack (especially one that is likely to occur frequently) is game-changing (heavily biases things towards a 3-pile ending).

Marjoram: Gotta disagree. 2 cards is pretty weak, but not so bad as people think. And 2 actions next turn IS much better than 1.

The first part, sure. The second part, why?

Mint: I think you overrate how good lab+village is.

Yeah, I find that in games where Cities get fully powered up, you end up with a crapload of useless +Action.

FWIW I kinda like Cayenne and the cost makes sense to me. It feels somehow like it just wouldn't work right with a non-Potion cost, though I can't explain  why.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2012, 03:18:35 pm »

I looked for two types of cards:
  • Something fairly vanilla but with an interesting bonus, along the lines of Farming Village, Worker's Village, etc.
  • Something that interacts with single-type victory cards, since there are so many in the set.

My favourites (disclaimer: I didn't submit a card to this challenge):
Cardamom
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
You may discard a Victory card from your hand.  If you do, +$ equal to one third its cost in coins, rounded up.
Fairly vanilla and interacts nicely with single-type victory cards. It's weaker than Bazaar early since you need to discard an Estate to get the +$1, but once you have more expensive victory cards, it gets crazy. I'm concerned it might be a little too weak, since paying $5 for a sometimes-vanilla village can hurt. Still, very nice design.

Oregano
$4 - Action
+2 Actions
This card is to Village as Library is to Smithy. It's weaker with conventional draw engines, but with support, it can become a draw-up-to engine in itself. It may be too strong, but I like it.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2012, 03:29:01 pm »

It has issues in that there are fewer Estates than Curses available, and that Estates are sometimes desired in late-game greening anyway, so using them for an attack (especially one that is likely to occur frequently) is game-changing (heavily biases things towards a 3-pile ending).
Sure, it's not as good as a cursing attack. However, not only is this NON-TERMINAL, it's also costed at 3, meaning I can often double open it. So I see a large number of games where by your second shuffle on turn 5, both players have decks something like 4 estates, 7 coppers, 2 of this, 2 silver. No engine in sight, and it's a long, boring, dull slog up to doing anything at all. Because if you go for something more conventional, I will pump you with all 8 estates by.... turn 11 or 12, and those early estates will KILL your economy. Meanwhile, I can then turn to building an engine with relative ease.

The first part, sure. The second part, why?
Because 2 is twice as much as 1? I mean, it's basically only true in an engine, but that's really the time you are buying villages anyway. And when you are building an engine, you very often will go ahead and spend a lot of time buying extra villages. This does that for you. So it's like well, it's like having 2 villages, for the cost of $4, only you have to play them together, which is sort of a bummer, but not a HUGE deal, and it gives you a little nice moat bonus, and misses the shuffle a lot. I actually think that's fairly well balanced.
FWIW I kinda like Cayenne and the cost makes sense to me. It feels somehow like it just wouldn't work right with a non-Potion cost, though I can't explain  why.
Because it is better than lab, so you can't put it at 5, and it is not good enough to be a 6.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2012, 03:52:22 pm »

I decided not to submit this round, I can't design Villages at all. So instead I'm going to comment on each card really fast.

Cinnamon
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
When a player gains a Victory card, you may set this aside. If you do, gain a Silver in hand. Return this to your hand at the start of your next turn.

Seems a bit too strong in the endgame, especially in multiplayer. If you plan to end the game on your turn, it's a Mining Village. If you don't, then it's a Mining Village that gives you Silvers later. It does weaken an engine, but I'm not sure if it would weaken it by much. Trigger reaction on your own turn to ensure you have Villages for next turn?

Basil
$4 - Action
+2 Actions
--

HoP on a Village. Doesn't count treasures, but gives money to compensate. $4 for +2 Actions +$2 is strong (there's a discussion way back from the Card Contest that Archivist won.) So it feels too good to me, because that's not too hard to get in an engine, and it's an easy Village to pick up.

Anise
$3 - Action
+2 Actions
+$1

Hard to judge. Worried about scaling from 6 actions+.

Parsley
$3 - Action
+2 Actions

Successive plays are $1.5 cost -> $3 cost -> $5.5 cost -> $7 (?) cost. I don't like the potential issues that could happen if you get, say, 7 or 8 of these. Then you start gaining 3-4 VP a turn if you can draw your deck. Assuming it counts per turn, which it doesn't say.

Cardamom
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

As long as you have a Victory card, this is at least as good as Bazaar. Ehhhhh, I've had a little experience with cards like this, they tend to be far too useful later on and far too useless early.

Fennel
$2 - Action
+2 Actions

Like this one. Cellar effect + Secret Chamber effect on a Village. If you put bad cards on top, your next hand is awful, unless you've got some sifting effects. If you put bad cards on the bottom, you might have a bad hand, but if you plan it right you could make them miss the reshuffle.

Dill
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

Odds are that this is always giving you at least 1 VP. If you have multiples, it gets worse. If you have +buy, it gets worse than that. Goons is terminal, which helps limit the VP madness. Even with the restriction, putting +VP on a Village is too good.

Cilantro
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
When another player plays an Attack card, or during your Buy phrase, you may reveal this together with any number of Action cards from your hand. Put all revealed cards on top of your deck in any order.

Reaction to Attacks seems kinda weird. Protects against Minion, but a lot of the time I'd want to keep Village + Terminal draw + Junk. Losing out on one turn hurts way too much.

Ginger
$1 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
If you have 2 or more unused actions left at the end of your turn, during the clean-up phase, draw 7 cards instead of 5.
--

Huh. $1 cost. Don't like it, but not sure why. Maybe because it's a $1 cost, has a restriction that can't always be met, and has a clean-up effect which seems really good. Free Wharf next turn effect?

Paprika
$5 - Action
+2 Actions

Memory problems strike again! Oh, and Paprika + terminal draw is way too nutty.

Nutmeg
$3 - Action
+3 Actions
--
At the beginning of your Buy phase, if you did not play any actions after this card, gain an Action card costing up to $4.

Worried about the +3 Actions. Somewhere there's a Donald X. post that says that +3 Actions is either useless or way too useful. Crossroads is at least one shot, which makes it somewhat more reasonable. Odds are that you have extra actions in your engine with this card. So draw your deck, play Nutmeg at the end, gain free Action.

Turmeric
$4 - Action
+1 Card
You may trash or discard 1 card from your hand. If you do, pick one: +2 Actions, +2 Cards, +$2.

This feels more like a terminal draw card than anything else. I think it's too good.

Rosemary
$7 - Action-Duration
At the start of each of your turns, choose two: +1 Action; +1 Buy; put a [This Card] token on this card; +$1 per token on this card, then trash this card. (The choices must be different.)

It's a perpetual card! Hard to judge the token choices. The fact that it does nothing this turn really puts me off though.

Thyme
$3 - Action-Reaction
--
--
When you discard this other than during a Clean-Up phase, you may reveal it. If you do, set this aside, then at the start of your next turn, return it to your hand.

The Tunnel effect puts it over the top. Makes your engine way too consistent with the right enablers.

Mace
$2 - Action

I've played this exact card! Yay! It's balanced, but I never liked playing with it. One of the nice things about Pawn is that it's not very limiting. If you aren't sure what to do, just do 1 card 1 action. With this, you're committed. More often than not, you just choose +$2 or +2 Cards, and you're just playing a Moat/Duchess. If you draw multiples, then it's about equivalent to multiple pawns, except with less freedom. Sometimes, you really want that non-terminal +$ or +Buy. This doesn't give it.

Clove
$2 - Action
+2 Actions

Think it's alright, but I'm personally a little tired of this mechanic.

Oregano
$4 - Action
+2 Actions

So you want to play this in a Disappearing Village deck, except you gets lots of actions along the way. So it's really more of a Disappearing Terminal deck? Feels odd, but not bad.

Saffron
$2 - Action
+1 Card
You may discard a card; if you do, +1 Action.  You may trash a card; if you do, +2 Actions.

Trash benefit feels somewhat slow/weak when compared to stuff like Moneylender/Spice Merchant. I know it's a $2 cost and those are $4 costs, but much of the point of those cards is to pick them up early, which you don't feel like doing with Saffron.

Coriander
$3 - Action-Duration
Now and during your next turn: +1 Action, and you may play Victory cards as though they are Treasure cards.  Victory cards played in this manner provide $1, plus $(1/3 of the printed VP on the Victory card, rounded down).
--
(Rules clarifications: The "printed VP" refers to the victory points provided by the card, e.g. Estate = 1 VP, Duchy = 3 VP, etc.  Victory cards with no printed VP total on them, e.g. Gardens, Silk Road, and Fairgrounds, provide just the flat $1.  Victory cards played in this way are not Treasure cards and do not count for cards which look at Treasure cards, like Bank, Venture, and Loan.)

Early on, similar to non-terminal Secret Chamber. Later on, massive boost. Once again, somewhat worried.

Garlic
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
--
--

Hm. Okay? Really don't know what to think of this. I'm sure Vineyard/Gardens loves this though.

Caraway
$3 - Action-Attack
+1 Card

Donald X. said that Crossroads used to give +Actions based on the number of Actions in your hand, but it was removed because keeping track of how many actions you had was difficult. This could have a similar problem.

Tarragon
$5 - Action
+2 Actions

Stronger than Upgrade or about the same? Not sure. But trashing cards without ruining your current hand has historically been very good. (JoaT, Masq)

Lemongrass
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
When you discard this from play, you may put it on top of your deck if you bought a Treasure this turn.

Once again, I don't know. Topdecking is useful? Trashing and +Buy makes it very nice, buy a Copper and trash it later.

Marjoram
$4 - Action-Duration
+2 Cards

Don't like it, but not sure why. Probably because it feels like it's trying to be two completely different classes of cards.

Cumin
$3 - Action-Victory
+2 Actions
+1 Buy
--
1 VP

Seems alright. It's not a consolation prize late game but it's a lot more important early game.

Sage
$6 - Action-Duration
--
While this card is in play, during your turn, Victory cards cost $2 more and non-Victory cards cost $1 more.

I really don't like that you can't choose to discard Sage, which really hurts you. I think it's too weak if anything.

Mustard
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
You may put a Victory card from your hand on top of your deck. If you do, +1 Buy, +$2.

Bonus seems way too good. Even by itself, +$2 for 1 card is pretty strong.

Sesame
$4 - Action

Either strong or weak, hard to judge. If it's good enough, it feels like it would warp the board too much. You'd just buy Sesame whenever you could. Then again, Hunting Party and Minion and Wharf do the same thing. But they all cost $5 instead of $4, and $5 is a lot harder to get.

Allspice
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
When an opponent plays an attack card, you may reveal and set this aside from your hand.  If you do, +1 VP.  Restore this to your hand at the start of your turn.

VP bonus makes it so that people might not want to play their attacks. That tiebreaker.

Borage
$5 - Action
+4 Cards
+2 Actions

...Okay? So it's massive digging for a Terminal draw, or setup for a big turn. Don't know what to think of it, but it's okay power wise.

Chervil
$5 - Action

I think it's too good. First time effect is a $7 card or something. And there are plenty of situations where you'd still want to buy lots of Chervils, just because you need the actions. If there's other action sources, you pick those up instead. So Chervil is either a $7 card you buy for $5, or a card you buy because you need it. The point being, I'm not sure when you wouldn't buy this card.

Lavender
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
When another player gains a Treasure, you may discard this card from your hand and gain a copy of the Treasure card they gained.

Reaction feels very swingy, especially because you probably have a decent amount of Lavenders anyway.

Mint
$5 - Action
+2 Cards
+2 Actions
--
When at least one [This Card] is in play and you gain a Province or Colony, every other player gains a gold, putting it into their hand.

Alt-VP for the win? Yeah, I don't really like this, the downside is way too good for your opponents.

Patchouli
$5 - Action

Once again, pretty good with trashing. It's like the Curse-gain-for-super-effect card, but with Copper and some failsafes installed.

Stevia
$3 - Action
Choose one: +2 Actions, or all players draw up to 6 cards in hand. You may set aside any Treasure cards drawn this way, as you draw them; discard the set aside cards after you finish drawing.
--
(Rules clarification: If the draw option is exercised, only the player who played the card may set aside Treasure cards as he draws up to 6 cards in hand; all other players simply draw up to 6 cards in hand.)

If you trash your Estates...this is massively strong. Free Lab really doesn't offset the Action tutoring.

Cayenne
$3P - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action

Lab, Village, $4 cost, $3 cost. Not bad, but for $3P it feels kinda weak.

Juniper
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

It's a Swindler counter! Well, that's a side effect. I like it.

Fenugreek
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

$3 -> $4 -> $6 -> $8? -> $9?
Not super interested in this to be honest. Has the infinite VP problem, and it doesn't feel like you build to this on purpose. It just...happens by itself.

Arrowroot
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
--
At the start of any turn, you may return one [This Card] token before you play your first action. If you do, +1 Action.

Some neat consistency.

Poppy
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

I like it, but that's probably because it does opponent benefits pretty well.

Savory
$4 - Action-Attack
+2 Actions
+$1
Each other player may discard a Treasure card.  If he doesn't, he gains a Copper.

Play multiples, ruin everyone's day. Especially if they don't have Treasure cards...

Vanilla
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action

Not as self-sufficient as Minion. Needs support, but fun with support.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

One Armed Man

• Tactician
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2012, 04:37:00 pm »

Cinnamon
Seems okay. In a big multiplayer game, it nearly always becomes a Village+Silver which is too good. It also kind of protects against the player to your right's hand-sze attacks.

Basil
Differently named cards worked differently for a Treasure like Horn of Plenty. A deck designed around this would want 2, 4, or 6. In 4P, it runs out very quickly and only 1 person can get a 2nd buy/ 4th copy. I like how the parts interact.

Anise
Like Basil,except you want 3 actions instead of different actions. It takes a lot of actions in your chain to make this better (and significantly different than) Fishing Village. Anise+Smithy+Anise+Margrave leaves you with +3 coin on top of what you draw.

Parsley
Does this mean played this turn? I don't want to keep track over the game. I don't think I will want to buy enough to make this a Market+Village, though I can see the desire sometimes.

Cardamom
This is often Bazaar. When it discards a Province, it is a Village+Gold. That makes this card like a Tournament. Seems okay, but swingy.

Fennel
So I hide away my Victories to miss the reshuffle and topdeck what, my other Victorys? The concept might play better when it doesn't automatically give you +2 Actions.

Dill
I don't think I would like games where a player plays 4 of these and 2 gainers, buying a 3 cost card and getting 12 VP. They would try this over and over. 6 of these, 4 gainers and a +buy could be 36 points.

Cilantro
I didn't like it until I saw the Buy Phase part. The only way the Buy phase works is if you drew this after playing a terminal draw when you had another terminal in your hand/ on the top of your deck. Still seems like a very small bonus.

Ginger
An odd village that can give you double Lab (vulnerable to handsize attacks) if you gain it with virtual $? It seems like there are boards where it is impossible to buy.

Paprika
I do not like the memory issues of this card.

Nutmeg
It puts players that happen to get it with one terminal action in hand in an awkward spot. That isn't what it is used for, but it will happen by chance.

Turmeric
too strong.

Rosemary
Does this stay out forever? This pretty much covers the "eternal" card concept all on one card.

Thyme
I understand that you can't get rid of it, but playing this over and over might get old. I don't like the "you may put it on top of your deck", especially for BM.

Mace
It is so cute. A pawn where you misread it and now it says "(The choices can't be different)". I can see this being very useful, since Nobles and Steward are popular. Other posts say this is the old version of Steward.

Clove
I wouldn't think about including this in here because of Almoner.

Oregano
Interesting. You play it with cards that reduce your handsize and not draw engines. This could create dominating trash-engines or virtual $ engines, but not draw engines. This counters hand size attacks a little too well by itself, better than Menagerie, Horse Traders, or even Moat.

Saffron
Too strong. Villages that trash would probably be better at higher costs.

Coriander
This is way too complex to work. Cardamom does this better.

Garlic
I don't think anyone should go through the torture of sorting a paper version of this. It is too good for Gardens, Scrying Pool, Conspirator, etc.

Caraway
This card counters itself. I don't like game states where players have to get more of the same card, but compared to Ambassador this is fine. I just hope games with this have a trasher, good terminal, or Baron! seems okay.

Tarragon
This is really good early, but it is also simply written, which I like. Compared to Upgrade or Spice Merchant, the trashing is too potent.

Lemongrass
It is an extra action after any turn you buy a treasure, which usually defeats the purpose of engines. I like cards with non-obvious uses. Seems okay.

Marjoram
This strands your actions when you don't need them likely creating a bad vibe for the player. I see the point is playing 1 Marjoram every turn. Seems okay.

Cumin
An alternate Great Hall. Very weak, but sometimes you just need +2 actions or +1 buy in a kingdom. Also compare to Worker's Village.

Sage
Another eternal card. I don't like this one as much, but the megaturns this can pull off might be fun to watch.

Mustard
I think the Victory card top-decking bonus is too strong. +$1, +1 Buy could cut it if you are trying to get to $8 for instance.

Sesame
A self-combo. I can see wanting either part by itself as well. The fact that it can be easily acquired (costing 4) is interesting. It gives a larger hand but less money at a time than Minion. Seems okay.

Allspice
If we are going to copy City, I would want to see it on a card that isn't a village.

Borage
I promised to like this card better if the numbers were reduced to 4's. Seems okay.

Chervil
Everybody wants one. There is next to no reason not to get it. I don't like that in a card.

Lavender
This can be nasty when countering a Platinum-gain. A village that does this transitions a draw engine deck into a draw+BM deck. Late game I would often want to keep the card just for the +1 card if I need a little more money. Seems fun.

Mint
I don't want this to be an opener. I could see using this megaturn games or trying not to use it/trash it after using it to sculpt a perfect deck that doesn't need it anymore. Also, Possession + this is very funny.

Patchouli
Gaining a Gold in hand dependably is too good for $5. Vault is powerful because you can gain a Gold by discarding your whole hand. The other thing it does is let you discard cards for money, sort of what you are doing here.

Stevia
This is weaker and less intuitive than the other self combos.

Cayenne
I can see what this is trying, but other non-potion cards give all of these things better. Maybe if it was a Peddler that you choose to get one bonus thing, but that may be too strong.

Juniper
I like cycling my provinces. It would be funny to have my opponent hit my Estate with Swindler. I like this. Nothing breaks it horribly yet, other fan cards would and future cards might.

Fenugreek
Villages work best when you are encouraged to mix actions together, not use the same one over and over. That is one thing I didn't like about City.

Arrowroot
I can see this being very useful. It is odd that a token lets you do something without having a card related to it in your hand, but Village tokens would likely be very well received. Seems fun.

Poppy
I do not want something more spammable than Governor having more complicated abilities.

Savory
There may be a way to do a good attack from a Village, but I am not convinced it is this. Seems okay.

Vanilla
Villages should do simple things like this. I like being able to Minion myself.

Dubdubdubdub

• Golem
  • Respect: +124
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2012, 04:41:27 pm »

Disclaimer: I submitted one of these cards.

Cinnamon
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
I kind of like this, though it is bit timid. As a village that doesn't really encourage big engines, I feel like it's related to Walled Village and Shanty Town. It's subtle, I don't think I would play this card well. 

Basil
$4 - Action
+2 Actions
--
Not the first time in this contest seeing a card with an on-gain clause like this one. In the case of Basil, it doesn't really seem to fit with the card effect. All in all, this card isn't too great, but I like that the money-earning ability is held back by not drawing cards.

Anise
$3 - Action
+2 Actions
+$1
Encourages turns that drive IRL opponents crazy. I'd rather play with Basil.

Parsley
$3 - Action
+2 Actions
Pretty fun. I'd keep trying it, but it really needs support from some draw. Builds up better than Fenugreek. Nicely worded with the 'at least'.

Cardamom
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Probably balanced; makes Bazaar look a little bleak. I'm reluctant though, I think it's too good in the end game.

Fennel
$2 - Action
+2 Actions
It looks like a deck control card, but what are you really doing? Are you going to put your worst cards on the bottom of your deck? What are you top-decking? I don't really want to mess up my next turn for a quick buck. Naturally, this works amazingly well with Library types. If those aren't around, I wouldn't buy this card.

Dill
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
Wow. Would make for insane games, but so does Goons. I like that it encourages you to buy stuff, just like Monument's $2 does. I might just like it.

Cilantro
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
Why? If it at least kept Cilantro in my hand, maybe. In Library games. But it doesn't. Can somebody explain the appeal?

Ginger
$1 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
I don't like the buying rule. It means this card cannot be bought if there is no virtual money. Also, the Remake thing Powerman mentioned. I get that pricing this card is difficult; I'd settle on $5 and play test a lot.

Paprika
$5 - Action
+2 Actions
I've been experimenting with getting cards from play back in your hand; it's a slippery slope. Might be worked around with the 'other than Paprika' rule, but this card is too weak anyway.

Nutmeg
$3 - Action
+3 Actions
--
Either +3 actions, ór a slightly delayed workshop. Almost strictly better than workshop, but doesn't add much of interest. The games where workshop is of use, +actions usually aren't.

Turmeric
$4 - Action
+1 Card
Usually much stronger than Smithy. I would gladly pick this up at $5.

Rosemary
$7 - Action-Duration
I've tried permanent durations and decided I don't really like them. Rosemary's self-trashing ability is neat, though.

Thyme
$3 - Action-Reaction
--
--
5 Thymes: start every turn with 6 cards and 2 actions. That is practically the same as a permanent duration card, actually, except it uses 5 cards so it needs some buildup. Strong, but I find the unconditional top-decking boring.

Mace
$2 - Action
I believe Powerman is right about DXV saying this was the initial design for Steward, and he deemed it too weak. Not too bad, though - I have considered this card myself several times :)

Clove
$2 - Action
+2 Actions
First off: this probably plays completely different from Almoner, but it just looks so alike that I don't want it in the set. I realize that's  a pretty lame reason to disregard a card. I think this card is actually pretty cool, though hard to play right. Would need a lot of draw to support it, unless you're purely going for Gardens.

Oregano
$4 - Action
+2 Actions
Like WW said: seems a bit strong for $4, but I would love some in my deck. All shiver when I pair this up with Cellar (rather than Vault, of course!)

Saffron
$2 - Action
+1 Card
Really nice card, but $2 is underpriced. Even ignoring the first ability, if a card said "+1 Card, +2 Actions, trash a card", I'd easily pay $4. And this can be 3 actions if you want. And trashing isn't mandatory. I'd like it early as grease, while building up my engine from other parts.

Coriander
$3 - Action-Duration
--
Too bad the rule for alt VP is necessary. The alt Treasure rule does seem fine. Estate(+most altVPs), Duchy, Province and Colony are respectively $1, $2, $3 and $4. I think the price is right, but it encourages boring big-money kind of decks...

Garlic
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
--
--
This is the final multiple-gain rule I'll allow! However, I think the card is pretty neat. Incredible with Vineyards, but who cares? Torturer is insane with Border Village. The special rule is pain for play testing (and would be for production), though.

Caraway
$3 - Action-Attack
+1 Card
Not directly apparent to me, but WW is right - the attack would at least be unfun. At least Ambassador is terminal.

Tarragon
$5 - Action
+2 Actions
I like it. Gimped village like Inn, which I love to try to use to its full extent. I think its price is fine.

Lemongrass
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
This seems nice to me, but I find it hard to judge. Makes me feel the same kind of calm as Cinnamon. Walled Village is the only card I don't own, and I haven't played with it much.

Marjoram
$4 - Action-Duration
+2 Cards
Very spammable indeed, but does that stop us from loving Fishing Village? I think it is priced right. Would make for some very fast games, especially with some strong draw attack or something.

Cumin
$3 - Action-Victory
+2 Actions
+1 Buy
--
1 VP
@WW: you realize this doesn't deal out VP chips?
I like this card, because Great Hall has started to get boring a long time ago. Cumin's a bit more difficult. There aren't many +Buy cards that cannot help you with your buying power (in fact, I can think of none). I think there is room for one.

Sage
$6 - Action-Duration
--
Nope. WW and Powerman explained why perfectly fine.

Mustard
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Cool. Very difficult. I don't really think it's too cheap - the 'GM'-Mustard won't be spammable, because a deck that green won't be able to draw them consistently. Really nice if you know you'll draw your Steward next turn.

Sesame
$4 - Action
I think this is too easily spammable. I would put this at $5 and still think it's a bit too 'enabling'. Like - too easy on the player.

Allspice
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
Like WW said: discourages attacking too much. Nobody is ever going to buy that Noble Brigand now. I also think the +card is a bit too easy to obtain.

Borage
$5 - Action
+4 Cards
+2 Actions
I've been thinking about this, and I just don't get it. Sure, it helps setting of my Barons, Tournaments, Treasure Maps etc. But it doesn't sift! I find it very hard to judge its use, but really don't think it should be $5.

Chervil
$5 - Action
Yes. Nice. Keep yourself from buying more than 2. I think it would be better at $6; maybe only play testing will tell.

Lavender
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
This is the 3rd village in this challenge that cares more about treasure than engines. And I'm just in a very Shanty Town-y phase right now. Still not really enthusiastic about this.

Mint
$5 - Action
+2 Cards
+2 Actions
--
It boosts every player immensely, making for some very short games. Would be a tad better if the gold didn't go into the opponents' hand.

Patchouli
$5 - Action
I like it. It's hard - you should really stick to a plan with this card and keep to it, and I'm afraid I would swerve. Governor should gain Gold early on and draw (and trash) towards the end - should Patchouli do the same? I just don't know. I don't think I'd use the middle option much.

Stevia
$3 - Action
--
I like this a lot better than Sesame. I needed a second read-through, but yeah - this is pretty cool!

Cayenne
$3P - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
To join the discussion: I think it is priced just right. $5 is obviously wrong, but $6 seems too expensive. I'd like these in any deck; $3P is very feasible in some games, but quite a leap in others. And the contest hasn't put forward any potion cost cards yet.

Juniper
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
Seems ok. Can't really tell - would usually just be a village. But there's always some nice edge cases.

Fenugreek
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
As said before: I prefer Parsley, but I like the mechanic.

Arrowroot
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
--
Very strong, but I like it.

Poppy
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
The choices remind me of something rinkworks told us earlier this week: they are pretty much the same for you and your opponents. That's not good.

Savory
$4 - Action-Attack
+2 Actions
+$1
Pretty strong, I think. The attack part is a weaker Torturer, but it's spammable. Would really like to try this out.

Vanilla
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Pretty nice benefit over regular Village, perfect at this price.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2012, 05:03:13 pm »

@WW: you realize this doesn't deal out VP chips?

Yep. If it did, 'twould be stupid powerful.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2012, 05:14:44 pm »

"There aren't many +Buy cards that cannot help you with your buying power (in fact, I can think of none). I think there is room for one."

Hamlet?

nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +186
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2012, 05:42:34 pm »

Here are my thoughts (in bold under Powerman's comments, because I'm being lazy with the formatting)

Cinnamon
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
Cross between Fool's Gold and Village?  I don't quite understand the reaction bit.  I mean, it's a decent reaction don't get me wrong... but it doesn't make a lot of sense on a village.  But, it's probably a decently strong $4 village.

My take: Treasure-gaining villages create an interesting tension.  On one hand, you gain treasure (+).  On the other, too much treasure can clog engines (-).  That said, this gains more treasure when people are gaining Victory cards (usually late game), so there's probably more plus than minus.

Basil
$4 - Action
+2 Actions
--
Villages that give $ are really good (FV, Festival, Bazaar are 3 of the best ~5) and this can easily give $2/3.  I'd almost always take this over Festival, and with another village it's easy to make them all worth $3 or $4.

Agree.  Could lead to lots (too much) of +$.

Anise
$3 - Action
+2 Actions
+$1
It's a non-duration FV, with a potential for a bonus.  Probably alright but maybe too strong.

I'm with WW on this one.  This creates an interesting tension in that you usually want to play your Villages early on, but for super bonus here, you'd want to wait.  Could maybe be crazy with other villages as an enabler (or tack to the end of an Alchemist chain).  Or, Peddlers!  Treasuries!

Parsley
$3 - Action
+2 Actions
I like this.  Cross between City and Conspirator.  Because it doesn't start with a +Card AND +Action you can't just blindly buy it, especially because until the 3rd one it doesn't really help you out.  May have to cost $4 though, as it's more similar to those than vanilla village.

I'm thinking about KC'ing this.  I like the idea of an exponentially-growing-with-number-of-plays card, but I'd have to see how this plays.

Cardamom
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Comparable to Bazaar.  If you discard an estate +$1, duchy +$2, Province +$3.  Probably balanced and of fair strength.

A tame version of making victory cards into cash.  It only works one at a time so it probably isn't broken.  Interesting dynamic.

Fennel
$2 - Action
+2 Actions
Ok this card doesn't really make much sense to me.  It seems great at getting lots of $4 cards... but to do that it doesn't get through your deck.  Much worse that Secret Chamber IMO... although it combos well with Draw to X so maybe it's fine.

I don't know how to think about the bottom of the deck, but the top of the deck combo with Watchtower could be a heck of a cash machine, and stronger than Secret Chamber b/c you put the cards back on the deck.

Dill
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
Kind of like Goons mixed with Village.  I like it except for "Worth".  Does that mean if you play, say 3 bridges to make all cards cost 3 less, do silvers still count?  I think it should say costing $3 and I think it's good then.

I say replace "worth" with "costing" too.  Sometimes a card is "worth" much more than its cost!  The $3 or more restriction overlaps in a weird way with ironworks, workshop and talisman.  I would like to see what happens in a game where gardens, talisman and this were in the kingdom.

Cilantro
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
I don't even get the reaction part.  I guess it's useful if you draw this off of a dead draw smithy?  Or if you're going to get milita'ed you can choose to get ghost shipped instead?  Bleh.

Seems limited use to me, too.

Ginger
$1 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
Way, way way too good with Remake.  Simply remake coppers into these and you'll start each hand with 7 cards + these cards don't even clog your deck.  I'd like it more as "this card cannot be gained, only bought" or something like that.

Awkward, plus more mental accounting than is worth it to make the card go.

Paprika
$5 - Action
+2 Actions
This is interesting when combined with another village.  Play Village + Witch + this card + Witch again.  I don't like it though.  To me it seems worse than throne room, and should cost $4.

Seems a little stronger than throne room with terminal cards that give draws.  Also, keep in mind that it gives its own actions... so throne rooming a smithy ends your turn while double-spicing it with Paprika leaves you with actions to spare.  I'm not sure I like it either, but I can't put my finger on why.

Nutmeg
$3 - Action
+3 Actions
--
Kind of like an unreliable and worse workshop combined with a non-drawing crossroads?  I'd be hard pressed to take this card over vanilla village.

I'm not sure I like it either.

Turmeric
$4 - Action
+1 Card
This card seemingly blows Upgrade out of the water as a non-terminal trasher.  Plus it seems much better than Steward.  I'd imagine this + Masquerade to be one of the best openings.

It is only non-terminal if you take the actions, and if you do, you have 3 cards left in hand.  Then, it's like Masq'ing after Militia.  Maybe that's good.

Rosemary
$7 - Action-Duration
So a permanent village.  Basically you want to choose the action and token every time, than on your last turn chose +Buy, +$ and get a mega turn.  I don't like the snowballing effect.  (As in a lucky turn 3 $7 and T5 play is basically gg)

I don't like it either.  This opens up a new tactical domain that I'm not comfortable with.

Thyme
$3 - Action-Reaction
--
--
I don't like it.  A) If you play it twice, you get the benefits of one Village.  If you play it thrice you get the benefits of one Laboratory.  B) Once you get 5 of these you can guarantee yourself a 6 card hand +2 actions every turn.  C) It makes playing rabble REALLY scary.

I'll add that this has an interesting effect with discard attacks, and discarding cards like Hamlet/Vault/Secret Chamber/Minion /Tac

Mace
$2 - Action
Nope, this is the old version of steward.  Pass.

Clove
$2 - Action
+2 Actions
Ok so this is a non-duration FV that gives you a copper.  This is really good where copper's good (ie. Counting house, coppersmith, gardens).  Then it's almost as good as FV.  Otherwise, it's probably still better than NV (non-bridge game).

I like Almoner better for this effect.

Oregano
$4 - Action
+2 Actions
Seems too good with other discard cards.  ALL the other Draw to X (outside of Minion which plays much differently anyway) are terminal, probably for a reason.

Agree.

Saffron
$2 - Action
+1 Card
You almost always want to trash a card here, and then it's just too good.  I mean, it's basically as good as Upgrade (yes you can't get a card in return but most of the time you don't want one) and you get an extra action.

But, once your deck gets really good (when you no longer want to trash), this is no longer a village.

Coriander
$3 - Action-Duration
--
I like this but it seems like its mostly worse than FV, as you don't get a village this turn, and you have to have 2 duchies/ provinces to get more $.

This seems too strong, especially because you need to only play it once, and this turn and the next your Estates are Coppers, Duchies are Silvers, and Provinces are Golds.

Garlic
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
--
--
I don't like this card.  It will take way too long for beginners to decide whether to trash it (even more difficult decision IMO than MV) and it's not all that good.

Should be "gain two additional copies of it" or maybe it shouldn't, but then why are there 30 copies? 

Caraway
$3 - Action-Attack
+1 Card
So for it to be a village, it leaves you with a 3 card hand.  Gaining an Estate in hand is an attack, but not a particularly good one.  Seems bleh if bad to me.

Feels like you'd run out of Estates after a while (faster than curses).  Could interact with Canal.

Tarragon
$5 - Action
+2 Actions
This card I like but it may be too strong.  You'll be left with a 4 card hand whether you trash or not, and you can trash multiple cards.  Really good IMO.

Definitely an effective trasher, but once the trashing is over, it is a non-replacing village.  So, good early game, but weaker late game.  Not sure it is worth $5.

Lemongrass
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
Similar to Walled Village... and what card wants to be compared to Walled Village?

Walled Village is worse because you stop topdecking it once it becomes effective.  This is better than WV because it can be topdecked on a good turn.

Marjoram
$4 - Action-Duration
+2 Cards
Bad, bad, bad.  +2 cards this turn is powerfully weak.  And +2 actions next turn isn't much better than +1 action next turn.  This would be so much better (albeit too good) at +2 actions, next turn +2 cards.

Maybe this would have repeated-like-benefits (similar to Ghost Ship's repeated play, but good).  I'd have to see how this plays.

Cumin
$3 - Action-Victory
+2 Actions
+1 Buy
--
1 VP
Comparable in strength to Great Hall, I like this card.

An interesting 3 point alternative to Village.  It takes up space, but enables terminal actions.

Sage
$6 - Action-Duration
--
Yuck, yuck.  The problem is there is no way to get this OUT of play.  Once you play this, buying cards becomes very difficult, and if you somehow play 2 or 3 you can't win.  Any card where you can play 2 or 3 and be screwed is bad.  Add a "you may trash" benefit-clause, then maybe.

Agree.

Mustard
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
I like this.  Simple, and you get the chance to make this turn better in exchange for Bureaucrating yourself.

And pair it with Scout, and there's no penalty!  It is also worth noting that you only really need one Victory card in hand to play and enable all of the Mustard you can muster -- the +1 Card draws the card back into hand so you can play it again.  So, a hand with Mustard-Mustard-Mustard-Silver-Province is an automatic province.

Sesame
$4 - Action
Too easy to 1 card combo... Minion might be much stronger BUT the jump from 4 to 5 is huge.  This can be gained with WS / Talisman too easily, and it leaves you with a bigger hand unlike Minion which leaves you with 4.

I agree that this is too much like Minion.  Plus, it doesn't need additional Villages to add Monuments to the mix.

Allspice
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
Comparable to City.  The action part is strictly worse than City so makes sense at 4.  The Reaction part is strong, but not so strong as to avoid attacks.  I like it, but cantrip moats are generally bad.

At least this is a one-shot reaction.  Could "activate" on Alt VP rushes.

Borage
$5 - Action
+4 Cards
+2 Actions
This is like the last challenge, and I don't like this card.

This could be super strong, combo with Menagerie.  I agree.  We don't need another deck improver.

Chervil
$5 - Action
I like this card.  The first time benefit is so strong you will always (well not always... but always) want to buy at least one, but because you want to see the benefit more you'll probably buy more.  Then when they collide they get weaker.  I'd make the first benefit even stronger and the second even weaker to make it more interesting.  Like +3 cards the first time, and then only +1 action.

I like the card as is, and I like the dynamic of when you get a bunch of these it is "worse" than having them spread out.

Lavender
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
Good if you can gain a gold / bank... but in a deck where you want this card, will you really want to give it up to get a treasure?  I mean, it can work but I don't like it.

I think you'd only want to use this on good treasure, and even then, a card costing $4 that could gain a Platinum is a pretty awesome benefit.  It's a cool idea to build a draw-action engine (heavy on these villages), and then just wait for your opponents to buy the good money.

Mint
$5 - Action
+2 Cards
+2 Actions
--
Trusty Steed with a harsh penalty.  I'd make it harsher IMO.  Ie. When at least one [This Card] is in play and you gain a card, every other player may gain a card costing less than it, putting it into hand.  So if you gain a gold, they gain a lab.  Etc.

I disgree about making it harsher.  I'm not sure it needs such a harsh penalty.  Maybe your opponent could gain a Silver instead.

Patchouli
$5 - Action
The copper one is way too strong.  The Silver is balanced.  And the Gold is way to weak.  I like that about it, because I like any card that makes copper good.

This gets at an interesting tension hinted at in some of the other cards.  Every play of this card gains a treasure.  If you want to build an engine around this, it's going to be tough because all of that beautiful treasure gets in the way.  I also like that it makes copper good.  For a copper themed set, that's good.

Stevia
$3 - Action
--
I really don't like this card.  The helpful benefit for your opponent is equal to playing CR, and if you don't have any other discard for benefit cards, you are worse than a village idiot.

I like this.  It feels like setting aside the Treasure could be good enough to make this worth $3.

Cayenne
$3P - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
So it can be a Laboratory, a Village, or a worse Market.  Why does it cost 3P?  Compare it to Alchemist.  Yuck.

3P seems expensive to me, too, but it does add flexibility, which can be good.

Juniper
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
I can't tell if I like it or not.  On one hand, it's good when you're greening as it adds cycling, but until then it's just a village.  And the reaction part... eh good against ambassador, bad for anything else I think.

Could be good at emptying piles.  I'm not sure if I like it that much (except that it adds value to Estates, and I like that concept).

Fenugreek
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Cross between City and Conspirator.  It would be alright EXCEPT I think a card like this should not give +Card and +Action the first time.  It makes it way way to easy to spam them.  Move the first + Card to join the + Buy and I like it.

Wordy, and I agree on the spamming.

Arrowroot
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
--
I like this.  It's a village, and you can make it so you have a village at any time.  **Good**

An option village + a village card.  It isn't quite "at any time" because you have to decide at the beginning of the turn.  Interesting concept.  It's too bad I don't like extra tokens/mats. 

Poppy
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
This is trying to be governor, and it isn't working.  The Card option is hardly better than what you give your opponent, and $ could be good but when it is it's because the card acts as an attack, and and the trash a card option is fine I guess.

The Card option is slightly better than what you give you opponent because you get to choose when to take it, so you only take it when you need it.  The Copper option is sometimes better than Bazaar, but sometimes worse.  It is better b/c it copper clogs, but it is worse if the kingdom has copper enablers (which this set has), or when your opponent is sitting there with one $1 less than he needs.  I'm not sure how to feel about it.  I think it would feel like an attack sometimes, and sometimes not. 

Savory
$4 - Action-Attack
+2 Actions
+$1
Almost always the player will want to gain a copper, or they'll discard if the attack doesn't affect them.  And the village for you is weak.  Pass.

Agree.  Not a very strong attack.

Vanilla
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
So this card can be a plain village, or if you're left with little in hand you can self-minion.  Eh... I'm not sure if this is fine yet.

I agree, and I don't really like the Minion mechanic.

LastFootnote

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2012, 05:46:25 pm »

On a tangential note, this spice-themed ballot makes me realize that they're nowhere near running out of boss names for the Prinny games, dood.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2012, 07:15:53 pm »

Commenting on all the cards because I find villages pretty interesting.  One of them is mine.

Cinnamon
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

I don't think the Silver gaining fits with a village.  You usually want villages for engine-building, in which case the treasure is something you want less often.

Basil
$4 - Action
+2 Actions
--

This seems too strong.  First of all, you get these 2-for-1.  Second, it would not be too difficult to get these worth $3 or $4.

Anise
$3 - Action
+2 Actions
+$1

Interesting, especially as it fits with the village wanting to play more actions.  I think I'd like it better either with the vanilla $1 removed or if the variable +$ did not count copies of itself.  But maybe it's fine as is, since it really needs a source of +cards to do much.

Parsley
$3 - Action
+2 Actions

I'm just not a big fan of cards that stack this way (that is, each stack results in a different bonus).  I also think it would make more sense on a cantrip.  With a village, I'd like it to encourage playing other actions, not just more villages.

Cardamom
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

Simple.  Works fine.  Potentially too strong?

Fennel
$2 - Action
+2 Actions

Interesting combo potential, I think.  The first part gives you a pseudo-Cellar effect, the second one gives you a pseudo-Secret Chamber.  You could put bad cards on the bottom and then flip the deck with Chancellor.  The top-decking has a lot of room for combos too.  Self-Ghostshipping is a drawback, but it's only a $2 village so I think it's fair.

Dill
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

Not sure I like how similar it is to Goons.

Cilantro
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

The Buy phase part of the reaction is strange.  I get that it prevents dead draw and can help set up your next hand, but it just feels awkwardly phrased.

Ginger
$1 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

Agreed with Powerman on this one.  Another issue is that this is a completely dead card in kingdoms where there are no gainers and no virtual coin.  I guess that's rare, but it can certainly happen.

Paprika
$5 - Action
+2 Actions

I think I saw this in the forums before.  Powerman makes a good comparison to TR.

Nutmeg
$3 - Action
+3 Actions
--

I think this is very close to strictly better than Workshop, which is at the same cost.  If you want to gain a card, just pretend that this is terminal and make sure you play it last (which I don't think is very hard to do).  But if you don't, then this gives actions -- a bonus over Workshop.

The two parts don't fit closely together either.  It gives +3 actions, which suggests that you buy it when you really, really want +actions.  But then you only get the bonus when you don't use those actions?

Turmeric
$4 - Action
+1 Card

Very strong trasher, especially with the major flexibility.  And late game, you don't even have to trash -- you can just discard.  Way too strong.  It's like Moneylender or Spice Merchant but with more options, ability to trash Estates and Curses, and the option to discard instead.

Rosemary
$7 - Action-Duration

I think permanent durations are tricky to do, and this one has issues.  One big one -- what happens if you play KC-Rosemary?  Do you choose 6 every turn until you pop it?

Thyme
$3 - Action-Reaction
--
--

Powerman sums up issues nicely.

Mace
$2 - Action

I think most of the "lots of choices" concepts have been well covered by Intrigue.

Clove
$2 - Action
+2 Actions

Nice little simple action that fits with the copper "theme".  But I don't think we need another "gain Copper in hand" card besides Almoner.

Oregano
$4 - Action
+2 Actions

This is hard to judge.  On the one hand, it should combo very well with hand-size reducing cards (e.g. Oasis) and terminal actions (e.g. play Oregano for +1 card, then a terminal, then another Oregano for +2 cards this time).  On the other hand, it anti-synergizes with drawers.  I think it looks good as it is though.

Saffron
$2 - Action
+1 Card

At first I thought this was fine, but then Powerman brought up the Upgrade comparison.  Titandrake thinks it looks weak compared to cards like Moneylender and spice Merchant, but the former is terminal and neither can trash Estates or Curses.  I'm going to say that this is probably too strong as an early game trasher.  From a Village perspective I think it is fine (in that it can give lots of extra actions when you need them, but with a fairly significant cost).  But the trashing is probably too strong.

Coriander
$3 - Action-Duration
--

The wording is really awkward.  As far as 1/3 effects go, I like the one on the other card that rounded up instead of down.  It is very close to adding the base +$1 in this card, with a few exceptions that work (e.g. Fairgrounds would give +$2 instead of +$3).

Garlic
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
--
--

You only get a village if you trash it.  The only benefit it has is that you buy 3-for-1.  That's generally not that awesome, IMO.

I am also really not a fan of cards that need to have more than the standard 10 copies.  There needs to be a good reason.  I don't think there's a good reason in this case, and that extra 20 cards could be two other cards instead!  This one isn't interesting enough to take up 2 extra slots.

Caraway
$3 - Action-Attack
+1 Card

I think the attack is decently strong, and enough that it should cost at least $4.  Otherwise, people can open with two of these and the game becomes a huge slog.  It's nice that it sort of counters itself, in that opponents can discard the Estate they gained from you for +actions.  It also fits pretty well with the existing theme, but this time gaining Estate instead of Copper in hand.  Still, I wouldn't look forward to the slog that this would create.

Tarragon
$5 - Action
+2 Actions

Looks decent to me at $5.

Lemongrass
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

Buying treasure doesn't fit with the engine strategy you are probably pursuing with villages...

Marjoram
$4 - Action-Duration
+2 Cards

This is a personal idiosyncrasy, but I don't really like durations that give completely different bonuses on the next turn. ::)

Cumin
$3 - Action-Victory
+2 Actions
+1 Buy
--
1 VP

It seems fine on its own.  Probably a bit stronger than GH in that it has actual use.  My hesitation is that the set already has a bunch of alt VP.  But maybe some thing that this is a reason to include even more?

Sage
$6 - Action-Duration
--

Powerman sums up problems neatly.

Mustard
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

I like the general idea but after the first play you can end up re-drawing and re-topdecking a VP card repeatedly.  Not sure if that makes it more or less powerful.

Sesame
$4 - Action

Even without the draw-to-6 this seems really strong at $4.  With the draw option, I think it might even be too strong at $5.  Compared to Nobles, this is way easier to get and combos far better with itself.

Allspice
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

The action part is too similar to City IMO.

Borage
$5 - Action
+4 Cards
+2 Actions

I fear the AP that this would incur.

Chervil
$5 - Action

Seems fine, but the wording is not standard.  It should go something like:

+2 actions, +$1.  If this is the first time you played this card, +2 cards.

Lavender
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

Still not liking the Villages that gain Treasure...

Mint
$5 - Action
+2 Cards
+2 Actions
--

Seems built for a mega-turn, where you put off greening until the end.  All the Gold they get won't help them if the game ends!

Patchouli
$5 - Action

If you want it as a Village, there is a Copper penalty, but it also has good card draw.  The other two cases aren't for Village-esque strategies.  Not sure if I like it.  The Silver and Gold gaining options seem superfluous.

Stevia
$3 - Action
--

I think this is too strong at $3.  The penalty will only usually happen once, so it doesn't hurt to play multiples as much as it would to play multiple CR, for example.  It combos with itself very well, especially because you can set aside Treasure.  If you can get rid of early Estates, this should be able to trigger engines very easily.  Even without an engine, you can set aside all your Copper and make sure to draw your Golds!

Cayenne
$3P - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action

I'm not sure about this.  It trades Alchemist's topdecking power for three other options.  Probably stronger than Alchemist.

Juniper
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

It'll probably be clearer when the real card name is available, but the attachment to Estate is weird.  And then it's weird that the Action part references Province instead of Estate.

Fenugreek
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

So similar to Parsley.  As I said earlier, I don't like cards that stack this way.  It's a lot of text for little return, and it doesn't feel thematically cohesive.  Maybe knowing the real card name would help with that.

Arrowroot
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
--

I like it mostly because it reminds me so much of a token concept I posted on these forums some time ago (Relic tokens).

Poppy
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

Should probably be labelled an Attack (for option 2).  It helps opponents quite a bit.

Savory
$4 - Action-Attack
+2 Actions
+$1

Seems OK to me.

Vanilla
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action

I thought this was too similar to Minion, but WW brings up a good point that it's not so without built-in coin.  Hm.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2012, 07:20:57 pm »

BM + Paprika.  :o

Mecherath

• Baron
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2012, 07:50:37 pm »

Cinnamon
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

Expensive village in the early game, and in the late game, the cash is good for catching up.

Basil
$4 - Action
+2 Actions
--

Like the action version of HoP, but you can keep gaining Victory Points with it.  Can't drop a rainbow of coins to boost its effect but the actions makes it eaiser to.  The clause of letting you get 2 for one is a bid odd.  With lots of (effectively $2) villages you can afford lots of different terminals as well.  Any buy on the board and it's over.

Anise
$3 - Action
+2 Actions
+$1

Reminds me a bit of a Conspirator in reverse.  Always spammable, but only worth he $2 if it's the third action you have in play.  Can get huge with a source of draw and buy.  Like Conspirator, cantrips to start the chain with are ideal.

Parsley
$3 - Action
+2 Actions

It would be a fun pile to rush.  If you ignore it in a 2 player game though, the guy with all 10 is going to run away with a victory.  Even a 6/4 split heavily favors the person with the win.  And in a 3-4 player game, it won't get much better than a Festival.

Cardamom
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

Starts off as a conditional festival, and improves from there.  Definitely takes the sting out of greening early.

Fennel
$2 - Action
+2 Actions

Interesting take on Cellar, though the bottom of the deck is not where I want my bad cards to be.  And if they're good cards I want next turn, they may be worth more than $1 to me.  Plus, with all those cards I just got rid of, what am I using the actions on?  Though in a nice draw your deck engine, it's all gravy anyway, and moving them to the bottom helps take care of variance.

Dill
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

Spammable Goons effect and so it needs the $3 restriction.  Would combo very nicely with Workshops.

Cilantro
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

The first reaction is an interesting way to avoid Militias and other card-draw, though it doesn't stop Ghost Ships, and doesn't seem to do much to other attacks.  If you're loading up on villages though, you should probably be playing actions instead of saving them in your Buy phase.  Does avoid the dead half of a Smithy/Village style engine...

Ginger
$1 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

This card can't be gained at all in some kingdoms without +$ or gainers, and is basically a gimmie if Market or another +$ +buy is in play.  Drawing up to 7 is interesting, though vulnerable to Milita.  Easy enough to get though, if you just pretend the last one you played didn't have +Actions on it.  The cost gives it a strange interaction with the exactly $1 more trashers.

Paprika
$5 - Action
+2 Actions

Interesting take on Throne room, but would be a pain to keep track of in real life.  I would lose track of my King's Courts and Throne Rooms so fast.

Nutmeg
$3 - Action
+3 Actions
--

Interesting card.  The workshop effect is fun, though I'm not sure why you decided to keep Gardens out of it.

Turmeric
$4 - Action
+1 Card

Reminds me of Spice Merchant.  Gives you Smithy or Village, instead of Woodcutter or Lab.  I think I'd run out of fuel for it pretty fast though.

Rosemary
$7 - Action-Duration

Once you get this going it's like you played a village every turn.  Then, when the game is almost over, cash them in for Provinces or Duchies.  Interesting concept, though the time bomb purchase might be more fun without the actions.  Would disqualify it for this contest though. :)

Thyme
$3 - Action-Reaction
--
--

It's like a cheaper Alchemist stack that you can never ever lose.  As long as you remember to play every 3rd one as +3 Actions.  The second reaction is a fun idea but much too strong on this effectively permanent card.

Mace
$2 - Action

I don't think I like any of those choices.  A bit like a cheaper steward, but I tend to use him for his trashing anyway.

Clove
$2 - Action
+2 Actions

Interesting in decks that want copper.  I don't see that I'd buy it otherwise though.

Oregano
$4 - Action
+2 Actions

Lends itself very well to a draw your deck engine.  Non-terminal mini-library.  I hope it's called Bookmobile.

Saffron
$2 - Action
+1 Card

With the first ability, you're discarding a card for a cantrip.  Could make it stronger.  I do like cheap non-terminal trashers, but again I think it needs more.  I'd boost both abilities and its cost.

Coriander
$3 - Action-Duration
--

Looks a bit like Cardamon above but cheaper.  Not as good on the turn you play it (since it's only one action and gives no draw) but very nice on your next turn.

Garlic
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
--
--

Interesting concept.  Not sure if variable Kingdom pile sizes has been explored.  Ridiculous in Gardens or Philosopher Stone games though.

Caraway
$3 - Action-Attack
+1 Card

Strange attack.  Will work 8 times in 2-player, 6 times in 3-player, and 4 times in 3-player.  Other than that it's like the opposite of Cellar.

Tarragon
$5 - Action
+2 Actions

Too expensive to buy when I actually want to trash 2 cards from my hand.  I think I prefer Trading Post.

Lemongrass
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

Reminds me of Treasure Room, but anti-synergizes with itself.

Marjoram
$4 - Action-Duration
+2 Cards

1 Action is enough to make it a village your next turn.  So a next-turn Crossroads with a reactionless Moat this turn.  Does half the job of 2 $2 cards.  Needs more or a cost reduction.

Cumin
$3 - Action-Victory
+2 Actions
+1 Buy
--
1 VP

Comparable to Great Hall, though filling a different niche.  2 Actions and 1 Buy is odd, but of course with 1 Card it would be strictly better than Great Hall.

Sage
$6 - Action-Duration
--

This is one of those forever cards, eh?  You'd never want more than one.  Seems like a good concept for one of those Dominion Variants where you choose a power at the start of the game.  Can't see ever needing 10 in the Kingdom.

Mustard
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

More than one in hand and they can juggle the same victory card.

Sesame
$4 - Action

A stack of these would be pretty good.  Lots of actions, buys, and $ and then draw to 6 to keep it going.  May be too strong.

Allspice
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

In a Kindgom with no alt-victory cards or attacks it's an expensive village.  The Reaction may be too strong, though I may be over-afraid of victory chips.

Borage
$5 - Action
+4 Cards
+2 Actions

Well you can't spam it.  I think this could be cheaper when compared to Warehouse.

Chervil
$5 - Action

A Super-lab with the caveat that it doesn't stack well.  Pretty insane with Smithys or another Terminal draw card.

Lavender
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

Be a fun game of chicken in a Colony game.  Gold is my favorite thing to gain from Smugglers anyway.

Mint
$5 - Action
+2 Cards
+2 Actions
--

Be very nice with some TFB cards or something that enables a megaturn.  Use this to accelerate your engine building and then either start trashing them, or end so fast they don't get to use all those golds.  Also great for Alt-VP strats.

Patchouli
$5 - Action

Any sort of trasher and that is a huge benefit for taking Coppers.  Late game you probably have the greens to discard.

Stevia
$3 - Action
--

Interesting way to make sure Coppers don't junk up your engine.  Of course you need to play it twice for there to be an engine.  For the perk it gives opponents, I'd rather have a Council Room.

Cayenne
$3P - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action

I almost missed the P.  It can't be cheaper because of Alchemist, but +Card is the only perk I'd take most of the time, and it doesn't topdeck itself.

Juniper
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

Great 2nd target for a Gardens game.

Fenugreek
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

Almost the same as Parsley.  Slightly more sense in the rode of its benefits, but same problems apply.

Arrowroot
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
--

I prefer Fishing Villages.  I'm spamming those anyway.  This of course gives a card.  Probably makes more sense at $4.

Poppy
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

First option is to Super-lab yourself to Lab your opponents. That second option is basically an attack since you rarely want coppers.  Third option is great for trimming.  The second one is the most problematic.

Savory
$4 - Action-Attack
+2 Actions
+$1

Reminds me of Noble Brigand thematically.  Except he mildly inconveniences the rich, instead of robbing them.

Vanilla
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action

Love the name.  Not as strong as some of the Draw up to X variants above.  Functions like a friendly Minion but entirely dependent on outside +$

------

My god that was a long way to do things.  Too many of us in here. :)

rinkworks

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • RinkWorks
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2012, 08:03:06 pm »

Parsley
$3 - Action
+2 Actions

Fenugreek
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

I confess to being a little weary of the "list of benefit" cards (more commonly type lists, Ironworks/Transmute style).  But I have to admit to being intrigued by these, which basically mutate depending on the chain length.  So let's analyze them a bit.

Parsley

Play 1, and you have a sub-$2 card here, strictly inferior to Native Village.  But it still serves as a Village, and when you need one, you need one.

Play 2, and then they average out to "+0.5 Cards, +2 Actions" apiece.  That's better -- we've jumped squarely and securely into the $2 tier.  But we paid $3 for each one, and they're still not individually the power of vanilla Village, which also costs $3.

Play 3, and they average out to "+0.67 Cards, +2 Actions, +$0.33" apiece.  Notice now that if we add the cards and coins together, we get 1, which would suggest that maybe now we've reached Village-level power.  Well, not really:  on a non-terminal, +1 Card is generally stronger than +$1.  (Compare Bazaar vs. Festival; Bazaar vs. Level 2 City.)

Play 4, and they average out to "+0.75 Cards, +2 Actions, +0.25 Buys, +$0.5" apiece.  This is tougher to analyze, but we can at least narrow it down a bit.  It's clearly a long way down from Market, Festival, and Bazaar, so not at a $5 level yet.  So let's compare with vanilla Village:  we can posit that half a coin is roughly as strong as a quarter of a card (and positing is as much as we can do here, because that would be very hard to test!), which puts us up a quarter of a Buy from vanilla Village.  But Parsley is not yet a $4 card yet, as Worker's Village adds a full Buy to vanilla Village, not just a quarter of one.

Play 5, and they average out to "+0.8 Cards, +2 Actions, +0.4 Buys, +$0.6, +0.2 VP" apiece.  We lose all points of reference now, but I will say that this looks a lot more like a $5 card.

Conclusion:  If you need a Village, and Parsley is the only option, you're happy to have it.  However, if there are Village alternatives, you need to be able to play 4 Parsleys per turn before they start earning their keep.  At 5, it's a lot stronger, but in a way that depends heavily on how often you can play them.  For example, if you have an engine that draws your whole deck every turn, that could really add up.

Fenugreek

Play 1, and you've got a Village.  That gives us a solid $3-power baseline.  But we paid $5, so we need to get more out of Fenugreek before we start getting our money's worth out of it.

Play 2, and that's "+1 Card, +2 Actions, +0.5 Buys" apiece.  Better, certainly, but strictly inferior to Worker's Village.  Note, however, that if Worker's Village is the Village component of your engine, you may very well have +Buys going to waste.  Two Fenugreeks are thus almost as good as two Worker's Villages.

Play 3, and that's "+1 Card, +2 Actions, +0.67 Buys, +$0.33" apiece.  A coin is generally better than a buy, so this is generally stronger than Worker's Village but weaker than Bazaar.  If there was a $4.5 cost tier, we'd be there now.

Play 4, and that's "+1.25 Cards, +2 Actions, +0.75 Buys, +$0.5" apiece.  Falling back on the assertion that a non-terminal +Card is maybe twice as good as +$1 (it's probably not THAT much better, but never mind), then the power level of this thing WITHOUT the +0.75 Buys is roughly that of Bazaar.  By the same logic, we can reason that this is also stronger than Festival.  Beyond $5, there aren't a lot of reference points for vanilla cards (especially with Grand Market's cost being misleading), but I don't think it's a stretch to say we're now in $6 territory.

Play 5, and once again we lose all our reference points.  Clearly a fully-activated Fenugreek is a monster card, though, which would be too cheap at $6.

Conclusion:  Pretty much the same story as with Parsley.  If you need a Village and have no other alternatives, one copy of this will work (much like a Level 1 City will).  But with other options, you need to play 4 before Fenugreek starts becoming a bargain for your money.

nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +186
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2012, 09:25:56 pm »

Stevia
$3 - Action
--

I think this is too strong at $3.  The penalty will only usually happen once, so it doesn't hurt to play multiples as much as it would to play multiple CR, for example.  It combos with itself very well, especially because you can set aside Treasure.  If you can get rid of early Estates, this should be able to trigger engines very easily.  Even without an engine, you can set aside all your Copper and make sure to draw your Golds!

I think its strength depends on the board (which makes it priced well at $3; see Menagerie).  You need trashers to be able to pull that trick with Golds or setting up your engine.  Otherwise, this card is pretty susceptible to clog... mostly a feeling.  That doesn't mean it's a bad card though.  I like it, and I think the price is right.

Tejayes

• Golem
  • Respect: +132
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2012, 09:41:53 pm »

Disclaimer: I did submit a card this round, so I'll do my best to keep my thoughts as objective as possible. Also, rinkworks, thanks for this delicious theme!

Cinnamon
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

If you're going for an engine, you don't really want Treasures gumming it up. Could combo with Apprentice nicely, though, and the presence of Island and Ironworks/Great Hall could make an early Cinnamon actually worthwhile. Good late-game potential, too. One of those cards that gets more interesting the more you think about it.

Basil
$4 - Action
+2 Actions
--

Get a decent, varied engine going, and this card could be ridiculously powerful. The on-buy effect only adds to its potential whoa-factor.

Anise
$3 - Action
+2 Actions
+$1

A more controlled version of Basil. Can still get pretty powerful with the right engine.

Parsley
$3 - Action
+2 Actions

Most villages still have some use outside of drawing engines. Without big drawing ability, there is almost no reason to get a Parsley, but with it...

Cardamom
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

As long as you have an unplayable Victory card in your hand (and no Bridges/Highways in play), this card is at least a Bazaar. Very strong in the late game, and almost discourages early Estate trashing.

Fennel
$2 - Action
+2 Actions

I'm not too sure how useful the top-decking ability will be, though the Cellar-like bottom-decking ability has its uses. The potential to combo with Chancellor is just as delicious as the spice in this card's tentative name.

Dill
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

As long as you have a strong engine with enough +Buy, money, and $3 engine enablers available, this could be CA-RAAAAAAAY-ZAY!

Cilantro
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

Buy phrase? If only I could do that on Wheel of Fortune. Typos aside, I almost think the ability to negate dead drawing makes this card strong enough by itself. The anti-reduction ability is just icing on the cake.

Ginger
$1 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

The cost and Grand-Market-esque penalty are a bit wonky. On most boards, this might not be worth it. I see some craziness with Upgrade, Remake, and especially Develop.

Paprika
$5 - Action
+2 Actions

On the one hand, it removes Throne Room's necessity to have both cards in your hand at the same time, usually. On the other hand, if you want to replay a terminal, you'd have to have played a Village or equivalent beforehand.

Nutmeg
$3 - Action
+3 Actions
--

Depending on the cheap Actions available, I could see how this works -- play all the Actions you can, save room to play a Nutmeg at the very end, then gain a free Smithy/Worker's Village/Nutmeg/whatever.

Turmeric
$4 - Action
+1 Card

Trashing and discarding shouldn't usually have the same power. That's all I have to say.

Rosemary
$7 - Action-Duration

So this is a permanent card until you mug it. Since there are no official permanent in Dominion so far, it's hard to say just how powerful this can be.

Thyme
$3 - Action-Reaction
--
--

The choice ability itself isn't fantastically strong, but the ability to basically always have it available makes up for it.

Mace
$2 - Action

This is a cheaper Steward without Trashing.

Clove
$2 - Action
+2 Actions

We already have Almoner.

Oregano
$4 - Action
+2 Actions

An expensive Village by itself, an expensive gimped Shanty Town in large hands, really nice with hand-reducers.

Saffron
$2 - Action
+1 Card

Opening 2/5 with good $5 Actions could be instantly lethal to everyone else.

Coriander
$3 - Action-Duration
--

If only this was the same as Cilantro in effect, har de har har. Rather, it's ability is similar to Cardamom and they essentially provide the same effect with Victory cards. However, Coriander doesn't require playing it for each Victory you want money from, which pretty much makes this more powerful than the more expensive Cardamom.

Garlic
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
--
--

Other than Gardens games, when would you want this compared to other Villages?

Caraway
$3 - Action-Attack
+1 Card

The problem with using Estates as Curses is that Estates don't increase severely enough in number in multi-opponent games (yes, I hate the term "multiplayer" since, technically, two players is multiplayer). Once the Estates are gone, this is not strong enough compared to Vanillage (I meant to write Vanilla Village, but I accidentally portmanteau'd them, and I liked it).

Tarragon
$5 - Action
+2 Actions

I'm just not sure if the trash-for-draw effect is powerful enough at $5 if you can't open with it. If there are no other trashers, it might be worth going for, similar to Trading Post.

Lemongrass
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

Interesting. You get more use out of it if you buy cards that don't add to your engine directly. Reminds me of Walled Village in that sense, where it's better if you have fewer terminals but still don't want to risk clashing.

Marjoram
$4 - Action-Duration
+2 Cards

It's a Moat now, and a super-Village later. At first, I didn't see the point. Now, I notice it's self-synergy.

Cumin
$3 - Action-Victory
+2 Actions
+1 Buy
--
1 VP

A bit more situational than Great Hall, which is simply a less-clogging Estate, but there are plenty of times where I would prefer this to GH.

Sage
$6 - Action-Duration
--

See Rosemary.

Mustard
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

If you are willing and able to Bureaucrat yourself, this is basically a cheap Festival, especially if you draw a Victory card (or the same Victory card over and over) with it. A rare card that makes Scout slightly better.

Sesame
$4 - Action

Open Sesame! Seriously, though, depending on the $3 or $2 you open with, this could be a decent opener.

Allspice
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

A slight City-ish ability with a Reaction that could be too strong against discarders and even Cursers.

Borage
$5 - Action
+4 Cards
+2 Actions

With the right cards, this would be AWESOME! Yes, I'm running out of steam.

Chervil
$5 - Action

You want to stockpile Chervil to increase the turns where you can play one awesomely, but without actual good drawers, they're Coppers afterward. I sense some players could become Chervil Idiots when they first play a game with this.

Lavender
$4 - Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

Basically, you can use this to go Big Money if your engine strategy doesn't pan out.

Mint
$5 - Action
+2 Cards
+2 Actions
--

*facepalm* Nice placeholder name, rinkworks. Anyway, this card is ridiculously strong in many alt VP games and still worth thinking about otherwise.

Patchouli
$5 - Action

The Copper and Gold abilities could be crazy, while the Silver ability is usually reliable. Awesome in games with Museum.

Stevia
$3 - Action
--

Even with the bonus to your opponents, this card has a lot of powerful potential, especially if you de-Green.

Cayenne
$3P - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action

You'd never want to get this over Familiar at first, but once the Curses are gone...

Juniper
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--

The Baron and Swindler possibilities have already been alluded to. Good card for the endgame.

Fenugreek
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

Similar to Parsley, but you get a card anyway. Also, the bonus order is slightly different. I know which I like better...

Arrowroot
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions
--
--

Redundant phrasing, but it's basically a Village that grants one ace up your sleeve when you need it.

Poppy
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+2 Actions

Choose the $1, and you have a Bazaar that Coppers your opponent. Yes, they get $1 right away, but it's still an often unwanted Copper.

Savory
$4 - Action-Attack
+2 Actions
+$1

I agree with others who think the Copper should be gained in hand. Sort of makes this a not-too-devastating Torturer.

Vanilla
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
[/quote]

Another unfortunate placeholder name, but sort of fitting. Simple, yet effective.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 22 queries.