Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Next One Day Cup - Aug 4th  (Read 11188 times)

Young Nick

• Minion
  • Respect: +275
    • View Profile
Re: Next One Day Cup - Aug 4th
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012, 02:03:18 am »

How is it going to work with Isotropic having the lag issues? I've been kicked out of a lot of games this week. Is that an automatic loss? Seems unfair but I'm not sure what else you could do...

I guess I hadn't really thought critically about it. Here's a tentative ruling, though.

If any player times out in the first five turns, the game should be replayed with no penalty.

If a player times out after that, the game should be forfeited by that player, unless their opponent agrees to replay it.

That doesn't seem all that fair considering it is not a single player having lag issues, but it is Isotropic that is the problem.

zxcvbn2

• Golem
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 02:23:39 am »

How is it going to work with Isotropic having the lag issues? I've been kicked out of a lot of games this week. Is that an automatic loss? Seems unfair but I'm not sure what else you could do...

I guess I hadn't really thought critically about it. Here's a tentative ruling, though.

If any player times out in the first five turns, the game should be replayed with no penalty.

If a player times out after that, the game should be forfeited by that player, unless their opponent agrees to replay it.

That doesn't seem all that fair considering it is not a single player having lag issues, but it is Isotropic that is the problem.

Hm. Well let's see. We could go on the honor system and assume if someone says they timed out/ got kicked out they actually did, and didn't just close their window and are trying to get an extra game. And if both players get kicked out then it should obviously get replayed.

I just don't think we can easily differentiate between closing the tab and someone legitimately getting kicked out. So I'll stick by my ruling, but suggest that players replay games where a player gets kicked out.

That is, unless you see some way of proving you were kicked out.
One Day Cup II Champion: qmech III: Rabid IV: Qvist

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2012, 09:18:25 am »

Since we have like half of an hour before this starts, who is everyone playing?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

zxcvbn2

• Golem
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2012, 09:23:11 am »

I was literally just about to post. So I'll post it in a separate topic at X:45, b/c it can change pretty drastically depending on who doesn't show up.

So head over to the Secret Chamber, everyone! I'll see you there.
One Day Cup II Champion: qmech III: Rabid IV: Qvist

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2012, 09:24:40 am »

I was literally just about to post. So I'll post it in a separate topic at X:45, b/c it can change pretty drastically depending on who doesn't show up.

So head over to the Secret Chamber, everyone! I'll see you there.
Not tournament?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

andwilk

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +152
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2012, 09:31:31 am »

Sounds fun.  I'd like to join if there's room.  Also, should we use the Tournament lobby to control first player and so that everyone gets equal matches to start as first player?

Young Nick

• Minion
  • Respect: +275
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2012, 09:57:12 am »

I'm here! No one is in the SC or Tournament lobby. Technical issues prevented me from being here earlier.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.559 seconds with 20 queries.