Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Most contentious isotropic exchanges  (Read 5928 times)

Ghritke

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Most contentious isotropic exchanges
« on: July 22, 2012, 02:17:04 am »

This was a first for me. I'd like to note at the start, really, I'm not slow at all. Some people want to play dominion on a chess clock set for 60 seconds -- that's neither normal nor expected. I did become resentful as you can see below. Contentious.

1:57 Lopoas: .
*Embargos golds
 1:59 Moist von Lipwig: really
 1:59 Lopoas: slow as fuck
 2:02 Moist von Lipwig: go fuck yourself? :]
 2:04 Lopoas: wow
 2:04 Lopoas: the time it takes you to think
 2:04 Lopoas: is probably the time it takes you to ejaculate
 2:04 Lopoas: go to dominiondeck.net
 2:04 Lopoas: read
 2:05 Lopoas: and then come back and play with the pros
 2:05 Lopoas: you are a loser
 2:05 Moist von Lipwig: lol
 2:05 Moist von Lipwig: im going to sit here and surg the web
 2:05 Moist von Lipwig: surf even*
 2:05 Moist von Lipwig: that ok with you? cool
 2:13 Lopoas has returned to the lobby.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
Re: Most contentious isotropic exchanges
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 02:49:03 am »
+2

What is the point of this? Contentious encounters on iso are unfortunate but complaining about them here doesn't help much. And you admit that you were rude yourself in reaction. Yeah your opponent was super rude and inappropriate, but seriously? This isn't really needed.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 02:53:54 am »
+1

We already have threads on this, and they didn't turn out well. Also, you were just as rude as him IMO, so I do not see the point in this.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Ghritke

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 08:04:48 am »

What is the point of this? Contentious encounters on iso are unfortunate but complaining about them here doesn't help much. And you admit that you were rude yourself in reaction. Yeah your opponent was super rude and inappropriate, but seriously? This isn't really needed.
We already have threads on this, and they didn't turn out well. Also, you were just as rude as him IMO, so I do not see the point in this.
I don't understand your objections. What's the problem with talking about isotropic experiences on a board dedicated to isotropic discussion? Why wouldn't talking about these encounters help more than, say, keeping quiet about them? Must my hands be clean in order to speak? I really don't get it.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 08:36:13 am »

This thread was meant for iso discussion, yes, buy if we have already tried this twice and failed, I don't see the point in trying again.

Wat was your point in posting this? To make us avoid that person? If it was, well, we have just as much of a reason to ignore you. For a complaint? Was that realy necessary?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 09:36:47 am »
+1

Furthermore, dominiondeck.net doesn't even exist.  :(
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 10:06:56 am »
+2

It's worth noting that I honestly can't tell from your post which of the 2 players you actually are. All I see is a log of 2 very rude people both being jerks to each other, neither whose screenname matches the one listed in your profile. There's no way to tell from the exchange which of those players would think to complain about the other one.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Ghritke

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 10:23:43 am »

This thread was meant for iso discussion, yes, buy if we have already tried this twice and failed, I don't see the point in trying again.

Wat was your point in posting this? To make us avoid that person? If it was, well, we have just as much of a reason to ignore you. For a complaint? Was that realy necessary?
The main point is that it's interesting. Conflicts are automatically intriguing. It was also a novel experience. I've been playing on iso for the last 6 months, and this is the only time anything remotely like this has happened.

I shared this partially out of sheer incredulity but I'm also interested in reading about similar experiences. I'm not harming anyone by posting about this, so I can't see how "necessity" comes into the equation.

Ultimately, you don't have to read about it if you don't want to.

Ghritke

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 10:25:11 am »

It's worth noting that I honestly can't tell from your post which of the 2 players you actually are. All I see is a log of 2 very rude people both being jerks to each other, neither whose screenname matches the one listed in your profile. There's no way to tell from the exchange which of those players would think to complain about the other one.
Ha, I don't believe you. *Edit: I should say, I find that hard to believe. It seems clear to me and to other people.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:26:42 am by Ghritke »

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +643
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 10:30:55 am »
+1

You might be interested in this old thread then:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=64.0
Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 12:08:34 pm »
+2

Ha, I don't believe you. *Edit: I should say, I find that hard to believe. It seems clear to me and to other people.

Not that hard, i cant work it out either
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 02:13:54 pm »

Not that hard, i cant work it out either

I'm not slow at all.

1:57 Lopoas: .
*Embargos golds
 1:59 Moist von Lipwig: really
 1:59 Lopoas: slow as fuck
 2:02 Moist von Lipwig: go fuck yourself? :]

I guess since he's so eager to point out that he's not slow, he must have been the one who (slowly) responded to a "slow as f***" with a "go f*** yourself"... so I guess he's Moist von Lipwig.

I did become resentful as you can see below.

"Become" might be the wrong word here; that chat log looks pretty resentful right from your response to the Embargo play.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Ghritke

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 04:18:53 pm »

"Become" might be the wrong word here; that chat log looks pretty resentful right from your response to the Embargo play.
Eh, I disagree. If someone sitting next to me embargoed the golds, I would have said the same thing. There's no resentment, it's just an unusual, dastardly move that warrants a "really" -- though, in hindsight, I suppose that adding an "xD" face would have helped convey my tone of voice.

All this focus on me is misplaced. I responded in anger, yes, and I've owned up to it -- but isn't anyone curious about his choice of insults? For one thing, if you take a long time to make a move, is it really an insult if you take the same amount of time in bed? Or did he mean the occasional 10-15 seconds I'd take to complete a turn, thereby implying some kind of problem with premature ejaculation? If so, well, isn't it a bit odd to allege that someone is super slow playing dominion to being super quick in the sack? It's a terrible comparison for his objective. The second bit is ridiculous too, but not on the same scale.

*closes eyes, furrows eyebrows* I sense I am not making any friends with this thread. Listen, I'm more than willing to acknowledge and laugh at my own failings, so long as I don't feel as though someone has me on trial. If Lopoas joined the discussion, I hope he'd be able to laugh at himself too.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:20:14 pm by Ghritke »

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 04:23:24 pm »
+3

These kind of threads never end well.  Pre-emptively locking.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.