Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14  All

Author Topic: The Contest Set Card List  (Read 179463 times)

mith

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: mith
  • Respect: +778
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
Re: The Contest Set Card List
« Reply #300 on: November 04, 2015, 01:12:33 pm »

If you scroll up a bit, there is a post - http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=3521.msg349608#msg349608 - with full size images of most (if not all of the cards, with some alternates). It also gives the following link where you can download the images: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wjam0b5ewaw1l/Fan_Card_Contest

Yes, I got those. The issue is that some of the dropbox links in the first post are no longer valid. I have lower resolution only for the following cards:

Garrison, Gatherer, Museum, Pawn Shop, Soothsayer, Tea House

And Archivist never got an image.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2016, 03:57:21 pm »

The off-color border for the alt-VP cards is throwing me off. Could you possibly redo them with a higher-quality template?
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 23, 2016, 11:33:00 pm »

The off-color border for the alt-VP cards is throwing me off. Could you possibly redo them with a higher-quality template?

"Last edit: 02 September 2013"

Seems unlikely.  We haven't seen rinkworks around these parts for some time.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 30, 2016, 01:23:05 pm »

"Last edit: 02 September 2013"

Seems unlikely.  We haven't seen rinkworks around these parts for some time.
Managed to rig something up myself with GIMP. Not very good but it will have to do.

Auto-Destruct Sequence

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 25, 2016, 10:49:40 pm »
+2

Can we get these added to the main page and fix amulet so we can finally finalize the set?

I got a little board and decided to finish create cards for all of the cards still lacking an image.  All are High Resolution 696 x 1074 pixels. Hopefully I didn't make too many errors. Please let me know if you find any.

All full high Resolution cards can be downloaded here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wjam0b5ewaw1l/Fan_Card_Contest

I also created a new Card for Canal with new art since I used its picture for Barge. I also clarified the wording (but not function) of the card slightly while maintaining Polk5440's intent. Barge uses the image from the old Canal card. It was impossible to find an acceptable painting of a barge, as other's have noted.

Amulet is not complete. I don't have a template for a large $3 coin or the top $3 coins. If anyone has acceptable images for these coins I would be more than willing to finish it up.

Soothsayer needs to be renamed since "Soothsayer" is used in dark ages. I suggest "Clairvoyant". Thoughts?

Mountain Pass does not use the coin icons in its text and needs to have a new card created. I'd be willing to create a new card if I had access to the original picture used in the card.

I think we should consider adding a matching Set Icon to the lower right corner of each of the cards just like the official dominion expansions. I'd be willing to add said set Icons, clean up and create High Resolution Cards for any of the previously posted cards If someone would send me the original pictures used in them.

And thanks ringworks and others for all your extraordinary effort put into this project. It is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the huge preview images. I was unsure how to post smaller preview images.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 27, 2016, 07:13:01 pm »

I fixed amulet. Sorry, it's sideways, fix that later. I renamed it heirloom to comply with adventures. I can change it back to amulet if people would prefer that.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 09:11:54 am by ThetaSigma12 »

Auto-Destruct Sequence

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 27, 2016, 07:28:37 pm »
+1

I fixed amulet. Sorry, it's sideways, fix that later. I renamed it heirloom to comply with adventures. I can change it back to amulet if people would prefer that.

I like it. Now we need soothsayer renamed. I suggest Clairvoyant.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 27, 2016, 07:58:58 pm »

I like it. Now we need soothsayer renamed. I suggest Clairvoyant.
I called mine seer.

Sorry for the low quality, I'm not that good.   :P

Erick648

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +628
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 27, 2016, 11:02:50 pm »
+3

I called mine seer.
Wow, that's even worse than calling it mint.
Duplicate duplicates Duplicates duplicate Duplicates duplicate.

Rene Descartes taught me to believe in myself.

How much Loot could a Looter loot if a Looter could loot Loot?

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 28, 2016, 09:17:33 am »

Here's a version of recruiter. I got rid of the dividing line, dropped card from curse card, modified the +$1 benefit, and moved the +action to both choices.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 12:01:09 pm by ThetaSigma12 »

Auto-Destruct Sequence

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 28, 2016, 09:48:37 am »
+1

Seer as a name works for me. Don't really care what's it's called really. Just need it to be not the same as an official card. I like the newer version of recruit better.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 28, 2016, 11:09:54 am »

EDIT:

Yes, the name is close very to market, but I was running out of names.

Here's a better version of harbinger. At 5 cards it's OP, at 3 it's essentially advisor. 4 seems like the sweet spot, so here it is.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 12:17:46 pm by ThetaSigma12 »

Auto-Destruct Sequence

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 31, 2016, 10:55:41 pm »

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 31, 2016, 11:24:09 pm »

What about "Farmer's Market" for Marketplace? That would match the Farming Village vibe of this card.

Auto-Destruct Sequence

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 31, 2016, 11:34:58 pm »

Farmers market is the current name.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 31, 2016, 11:36:53 pm »

Here's a better version of harbinger. At 5 cards it's OP, at 3 it's essentially advisor. 4 seems like the sweet spot, so here it is.

This is probably worse than Laboratory.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 31, 2016, 11:38:35 pm »

Based on the description ($4 is probably the sweet spot) I think that may just be an error on the card and he meant to put $4.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 01, 2016, 03:06:55 am »
+1

(snip)

Based on the description ($4 is probably the sweet spot) I think that may just be an error on the card and he meant to put $4.

The description is talking about the number of cards.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 01, 2016, 08:03:43 am »

Well, you could top-deck one of the discarded cards. That might help it a bit.
EDIT:

Here's an alternate version. I plan on testing both and this for people who want it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 09:09:52 am by ThetaSigma12 »

Graystripe77

• Tactician
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
    • Dreamkeeperscomic.com
« Reply #319 on: June 11, 2016, 04:51:26 pm »

I got a little board and decided to finish create cards for all of the cards still lacking an image.  All are High Resolution 696 x 1074 pixels. Hopefully I didn't make too many errors. Please let me know if you find any.

All full high Resolution cards can be downloaded here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wjam0b5ewaw1l/Fan_Card_Contest

I also created a new Card for Canal with new art since I used its picture for Barge. I also clarified the wording (but not function) of the card slightly while maintaining Polk5440's intent. Barge uses the image from the old Canal card. It was impossible to find an acceptable painting of a barge, as other's have noted.

Amulet is not complete. I don't have a template for a large $3 coin or the top $3 coins. If anyone has acceptable images for these coins I would be more than willing to finish it up.

Soothsayer needs to be renamed since "Soothsayer" is used in dark ages. I suggest "Clairvoyant". Thoughts?

Mountain Pass does not use the coin icons in its text and needs to have a new card created. I'd be willing to create a new card if I had access to the original picture used in the card.

I think we should consider adding a matching Set Icon to the lower right corner of each of the cards just like the official dominion expansions. I'd be willing to add said set Icons, clean up and create High Resolution Cards for any of the previously posted cards If someone would send me the original pictures used in them.

And thanks ringworks and others for all your extraordinary effort put into this project. It is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the huge preview images. I was unsure how to post smaller preview images.

I really like the art you got for my cards! I might try printing these now, once I figure out how I want to do that.

Auto-Destruct Sequence

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 11, 2016, 08:09:15 pm »

We need a new name for Farmer's Market

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 16, 2016, 01:38:47 pm »
+1

We need a new name for Farmer's Market

It's OK, this one doesn't have an apostrophe.

Nflickner

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 22, 2016, 12:16:46 pm »
+1

Fixed. Thanks.

So now that we have images for nearly all (excluding Amulet), Is the wording of these cards and the others posted at the front of the thread representative of the the finalized set, or are there still some changing and play testing going on? If so, what do we need to do to get these in polished form? Please excuse my ignorance of the exact status of the project. I've been dominionless for several months now. Heresy I know, but I'm trying to repent.

What do you guys think about these set icons? Is this something that we would want to add the finalized cards for this set? I tried to pick something that expressed community involvement.

Both of these look great--the small group is nice.  The problem with community projects sometimes is that they can be slow.  Would you mind mocking up all the cards with one of these set images?  I don't think it's ever going to happen unless someone does it.  Something is better than nothing even if some folks may disagree on the design. 

Auto-Destruct Sequence

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 22, 2016, 12:49:27 pm »

Problem is I have some but not all templates. Would prefer to not do them all from scratch. Plus in some cases that may not be possible. What is the most current definitive list of card text? In some cases multiple versions exist.

Nflickner

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 22, 2016, 02:02:55 pm »

I really like the art you got for my cards! I might try printing these now, once I figure out how I want to do that.
If you sleeve your cards, then my method works quite well. I print on my home printer using photo paper.  The images come out nice and crisp on the paper even though they are thinner than normal cards.  The sleeves help hide the thinness. 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.