Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Long time game-designer finds a new game he really likes  (Read 1720 times)

Rush_Clasic

• Apprentice
  • never knows best
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
Long time game-designer finds a new game he really likes
« on: July 16, 2012, 07:02:57 pm »
+2

Hello! My name's Rush_Clasic. I happened upon Dominion a few months ago and now the family and I own the whole run of sets. I'm a rather competitive player, but I mostly joined these forums for the card design areas. I'm a long time Magic: the Gathering player and have been running around designing home-brew cards and sets for that game over 10 years now. I'm eager to check out what the crowd here is like.

On the real world side of things, I run the family book-and-game store, where I'm trying to get some weekly games running. Hopefully that'll turn into my regular Dominion playzone.

Cataphract

• Coppersmith
  • Owner and webmaster of SleeveDominion.com
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
    • Quality card sleeves for Dominion
Re: Long time game-designer finds a new game he really likes
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 12:02:27 am »

Welcome! I played MTG in the early '90s. :)

Another great game with some (minor) deckbuilding elements in it, is Rune Age. Its a cool game with direct player conflict options. Plays smoothly and quick. It can be played solo / semi co-op+direct player conflict / full co-op / or only direct player conflict.

Since you like MTG, have a look at Call of Cthulhu the Card game, is a bit similar to MTG. Nice game as well.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:42:40 am by Cataphract »
PROTECTIVE CARD SLEEVES FOR DOMINION - best prices! Worldwide Shipping included. Visit www.SleeveDominion.com today!

msanders

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 04:10:35 am »

Well hello there! I would like to welcome you to the forum though I am new here as well. It really is great to be able to finally be able to play this after a long time of playing cat and mouse with the game.  I have been a player of MTG though nothing really formal and serious came from it.  I just hope that I will be able to make good with this game as well.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 04:23:04 pm »

I just want you to know I recognized you from the Wizards of the Coast forums, and I'm not a creepy stalker, I promise.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.