Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Combos/Counters Article list  (Read 53834 times)

R-man77

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Re: Combos/Counters Article list
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2020, 01:39:22 am »

Am I the only person who thinks that lurker/hunting grounds is easily the most broken combo in all of Dominion?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12839
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2020, 01:59:51 am »

Am I the only person who thinks that lurker/hunting grounds is easily the most broken combo in all of Dominion?

It's not that broken, because it enables the Lurker+gaining free Hunting Grounds from the trash combo for your opponent and if it's an engine board, that probably beats the Duchy rush.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2020, 02:53:54 am »
+2

It's not that broken, because it enables the Lurker+gaining free Hunting Grounds from the trash combo for your opponent and if it's an engine board, that probably beats the Duchy rush.

Actually R-man is right, lurker-hg is quite tough to beat. Idk about most broken combo, but it's pretty high on the list.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2020, 03:21:27 am »

Actually R-man is right, lurker-hg is quite tough to beat. Idk about most broken combo, but it's pretty high on the list.

Lurker+free HG from the trash is even tougher to beat.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2020, 03:54:40 am »
+6

i somehow beat the player who got free Hunting Grounds with their Lurkers every time by just gaining free duchies. But that might be just me.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2020, 09:01:24 am »
+1

Serious question: How many of your engine games score 30 points in 9 turns?
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2020, 10:27:37 am »

Many of them buy at least one Hunting Grounds in 9 turns, which makes the Duchy rush a lot slower than 9 turns.

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2020, 10:55:29 am »
+2

you need to buy 3 HG to really slow the rush down.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2020, 02:54:45 pm »
+3

you need to buy 3 HG to really slow the rush down.

The Lurker/HG player can also pivot to 3-pile on Estates/Lurker/HG instead of Duchy/Lurker/HG if they recognize they're going to run out of time, so it only slows down when the 3 pile happens. You still need to score enough in time as well.

There was a Lurker/Fortress/Advance/Hunting Grounds board I watched once, with engine vs pure Lurker/HG rush, and the Lurker/Fortress/HG engine got the win, but was only about 1 turn ahead. I am not optimistic about many combos outdoing what you could do there.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2020, 05:28:13 pm »

Many of them buy at least one Hunting Grounds in 9 turns, which makes the Duchy rush a lot slower than 9 turns.

I uh really don't think you have as complete of a grasp of the combo as you think you do, if you feel like buying a single Hunting Grounds stops it from working.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2020, 08:41:26 pm »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I can beat the rat in 9 turns with the combo but I always got rekt when I tried playing it on ladder, i.e. mostly against people who were lower rated than I was at the time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.