Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 137019 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (DAY 1 START!)
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2012, 04:51:31 pm »

Way too long without posting in here.

@Shark_bait - would you like to explain your vote?

Why should he? You suggested it.

Timchen placed the 1st vote specifically because Frisk proposed we get each person to L-1 to force role claims. Sharky cast the next vote almost immediately thereafter so it appeared to me there was no need for further clarification. I found the 2 votes to be rather self-explanatory. I don't agree with the method so I won't be joining the wagon on these grounds but I can certainly understand how the wagon is forming considering Frisk provided the genesis for it.

Well, the pressure is much more.. pressing (?) if you give the accused some reasons for your vote.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2012, 04:52:48 pm »

Way too long without posting in here.

@Shark_bait - would you like to explain your vote?

Why should he? You suggested it.

Well, the pressure is much more.. pressing (?) if you give the accused some reasons for your vote.

Timchen placed the 1st vote specifically because Frisk proposed we get each person to L-1 to force role claims. Sharky cast the next vote almost immediately thereafter so it appeared to me there was no need for further clarification. I found the 2 votes to be rather self-explanatory. I don't agree with the method so I won't be joining the wagon on these grounds but I can certainly understand how the wagon is forming considering Frisk provided the genesis for it.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2012, 04:56:05 pm »

Ummm - you might want to go back and read timchen's vote against me.  You did provide a reason that tim might have voted for me... if his vote was cast on the last page.  But his vote is much much further back.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2012, 04:56:58 pm »

Not to mention that voting without reasons is pretty damn scummy.
Yeah, it sort of implies you have secret reasons and who has those? Thats right, mafia does.

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2012, 04:59:35 pm »

If I have not voted for frisk earlier I will vote for him now. The reason, however, cannot be revealed before he is at L-1 and makes his roleclaim.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2012, 04:59:51 pm »

Not to mention that voting without reasons is pretty damn scummy.
Yeah, it sort of implies you have secret reasons and who has those? Thats right, mafia does.

The counterargument here is popsofctown - who never wanted to explain his thinking at all.  I was kindof shocked when he flipped town in M4

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2012, 05:00:54 pm »

If I have not voted for frisk earlier I will vote for him now. The reason, however, cannot be revealed before he is at L-1 and makes his roleclaim.

Side note: I desperately want you to be mafia so that I can actually beat you at a game.  I'm still ashamed about our 2011 championship matches.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2012, 05:01:41 pm »

Ummm - you might want to go back and read timchen's vote against me.  You did provide a reason that tim might have voted for me... if his vote was cast on the last page.  But his vote is much much further back.

Okay, you are 100% correct. I hallucinated timchen's vote as being above Sharky's. Sharky appears to have taken the ball Timchen held out and run with it which is somewhat scummy in my opinion provided there is no reason other than an invitation.

FoS Sharky

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2012, 05:08:18 pm »

Reasons for voting for Frisk:

First - It seems like a little pressure on someone isn't a bad thing per your theory about near lynch's yielding information.

Second - It gives me a solid reason for people to believe that I'm town if the pressure switches to me.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2012, 05:15:10 pm »

Second - It gives me a solid reason for people to believe that I'm town if the pressure switches to me.

Pretend for a second that someone else had written that.  What would you read into it?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2012, 05:18:07 pm »

Vote Sharky

This guy is placing votes in order to propagate the perception that he is Town something not needed when actualyl Town.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2012, 05:21:07 pm »

Vote Count 1-3

timchen (1): Captain_Frisk
Captain_Frisk (2): timchen, shark_bait
shark_bait (1): pingpongsam

Not Voting {5}: Robz888, Eevee, Galzria, Young Nick, manda2014

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Saturday, July 28, at 7:30 p.m. forum time

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2012, 05:23:43 pm »

@frisk: we should play some more dominion! Didn't see u often on iso nowadays...

I don't understand sharkbait's second reason. But it does not read scummy to me, unless he is saying both of u are scums, and he can look better by voting for you. And then your previous line is coaching?

Ouch.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2012, 05:25:13 pm »

Pretend for a second that someone else had written that.  What would you read into it?

*facepalm*

But in all honesty, I would know for sure that they weren't PR.  That would just be stupid for a PR to do that.  According to Pings, apparently if you're town, you don't need others to know that, so anyone reading this would think that I'm Mafia trying to fly under the radar under the guise of town. 

*facepalm*
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2012, 05:29:23 pm »

@frisk: we should play some more dominion! Didn't see u often on iso nowadays...

I don't understand sharkbait's second reason. But it does not read scummy to me, unless he is saying both of u are scums, and he can look better by voting for you. And then your previous line is coaching?

Ouch.

Yeah - my rank is falling due to lack of play.  Mafia has been taking my worktime diversion, and diablo 3 has taken my eveningtime diversion.  Summer time, nice weather, yardwork, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2012, 05:44:41 pm »

Ouch.

Yeah - my rank is falling due to lack of play.  Mafia has been taking my worktime diversion, and diablo 3 has taken my eveningtime diversion.  Summer time, nice weather, yardwork, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Sounds so familiar. I was at my all time high rank (44) before I found mafia. Now I dont even know where I am because I log in so rarely but guessing its something like 40. Should really enjoy iso when we still have it.. :/

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2012, 05:49:57 pm »

I am with Eevee and C_F, but come on guys, let's keep this mafia-related.

Having said that, I have to run and thus am hoping to get a longer post out later in the evening. I've been quiet, I know.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2012, 05:50:33 pm »

Sounds so familiar. I was at my all time high rank (44) before I found mafia. Now I dont even know where I am because I log in so rarely but guessing its something like 40. Should really enjoy iso when we still have it.. :/

Yes!!!  B/c the current beta is still slow and tedious.  That's it for my off topic contributions.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2012, 06:10:03 pm »

I am with Eevee and C_F, but come on guys, let's keep this mafia-related.

Having said that, I have to run and thus am hoping to get a longer post out later in the evening. I've been quiet, I know.
Thats fair, but I actually think off-topic can be useful (if done in moderation). Like now we know both me and Frisk care about mafia enough to make us play a lot less dominion. Okay, probably not useful, but you know, it might be? If frisk says "whatever I dont want to play this stupid game anymore, lynch me if you want" when facing heat, I'm going to assume its a mafia trying to trick us rather than a legitimately frustrated townie. If we see frisk online on iso when someone claims cop and not unvoting, we can maybe deduct he is mafia and tries to fake not noticing in time? Note: I'm not saying these are likely scenarios or necessarily bulletproof reads, but trying to prove a point.

@shark_bait
I think town power roles actually have a lot of incentive to try to look town, they dont want to be forced to claim (especially not in this setup). That statement still looks scummy as hell though.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2012, 06:52:57 pm »

Why is sharkbait's statement scummy?

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2012, 06:56:17 pm »

Wow, lots of new stuff since I last got on, and I'm VERY confused by Sharky. Casting a vote in a post with LITERALLY no other content and then, when prodded, providing reasons that are tenuous at best...

Reasons for voting for Frisk:

First - It seems like a little pressure on someone isn't a bad thing per your theory about near lynch's yielding information.

...seems really scummy to me. Still, I'll hold off on voting for a little bit. Maybe it's not scum play, and it's just really unhelpful town play. (popsofctown, anyone?)

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2012, 07:02:56 pm »

I really, really don't understand this reason at all. 1) How does voting for Frisk give you a reason for people to believe you're town?

Why is sharkbait's statement scummy?

2) If you get lynched and you flip town, it hurts the town because we're down a player, but it also provides us with information about who's mafia (by analyzing the wagon, etc.) so, you know, you should be willing to sacrifice your own ability to play to help the town win. Chances are that the first lynch will hit town anyway. IF YOU'RE SCUM, HOWEVER, you getting lynched DOESN'T both help and hurt the mafia; it only hurts. So when the pressure turns to someone who's scum, they DO need a reason to point to to prove that they're town. That's why it's scummy.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2012, 07:17:56 pm »

Sorry, I still don't understand. I understand mafia usually do not want to be lynched. (but he might actually want to do so if it creates a cover for his partner!) But townies usually do not want to be lynched as well unless he can be sure that his wagon consists fully of mafia. And how does this have anything to do with Shark_bait's statement?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2012, 07:26:26 pm »

Captain_Frisk, would you vote for Shark_Bait?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2012, 07:51:01 pm »

I am thinking about it.  Will post more from pc tonight.  I have played dominion with sb before.  He isn't a doofus.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 20 queries.