Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Records  (Read 10335 times)

Axe Knight

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
Records
« on: July 22, 2011, 12:05:52 am »

I was wondering, if it would be possible to calculate records for individual players, and perhaps, isotropic as a whole.  For example, most buying power in a turn, most games played, most turns a game lasted, most cards played in a turn, most victory points in a game, and perhaps, your personal record by level of opponent.  This information is not always useful, but it would certainly be fun to see.  I would offer to help code this, but it's been quite awhile since the little computer programming I had as a Mathematical Statistics major.  :)
An Axe Knight draws near!  Command?

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
Re: Records
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 10:05:27 am »

Arbitrary maximums that just find strange behavior in likely very bad and non-representative play?  No thanks.

Player winningness by opponent levels is potentially interesting, but I don't want to inflict the two clocks problem (iso says I am level 36, but councilroom says I am level 34, which one is right?!) on the community while there is still interesting stuff to be done in other places.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 09:03:07 am »

Arbitrary maximums that just find strange behavior in likely very bad and non-representative play?  No thanks.

Player winningness by opponent levels is potentially interesting, but I don't want to inflict the two clocks problem (iso says I am level 36, but councilroom says I am level 34, which one is right?!) on the community while there is still interesting stuff to be done in other places.

Where on CR.com can you see what level it thinks you are? Or is this just something you can see because you have magical powers and can do anything you want over there?

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:07:36 am »

As part of the code that rspeer wrote the compute the level of openings, it also has to compute players levels so that it can tell if the opening won because the player was good or because the opening was good.  I just don't expose it in the frontend.

Axe Knight

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 09:26:58 pm »

Perfectly fine when speaking of isotropic on the whole.  I was more interested in what my personal bests were in these areas, is all, even just for novelty's sake.
An Axe Knight draws near!  Command?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.