Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: Mini-Set Design Contest, Challenges #5 and #6!  (Read 54727 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-Set Design Contest, Challenges #5 and #6!
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2012, 09:18:13 am »

I have feedback for all of them, but, there's already so many comments for everyone to read (I have read all of them now)

I think the Province reveal on whatchamacallit is necessary if you think about it, and is a neat drawback to select for an otherwise strong card.

One Armed Man

• Tactician
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2012, 10:53:09 am »

I read these cards from bottom to top, but you don't have to. Great submissions, everyone!

Mary
You really don't want to pull a Copper up with this when there are no $2 cost Kingdom cards. An Upgrade/Remodel that can be so much better or much worse than either. Seems okay.

Lillian
I am absolutely puzzled by this card. Does it turn itself into a $6 cost card, too? I might need to be convinced to like it since it is versatile and guarantees to do its job, but the benefit seems so marginal to waste a $5 hand on.

Dorothy
You don't want to trash a solitary Curse unless the pile is out. In the mean time, trash 2 copper at a time to gain silver like a weak, weak Trading post. The Action trashing is the best benefit, like a terminal Apprentice. Seems okay.

Clara
I do not want to give a doubly lucky person that huge of a lead. A 5/2 opening with this and matching this on turn 3.

Mildred
Seems okay but perhaps secretly weak. You nearly never want to trash the actions that are running out of the supply, since you wanted them in the first place. The opponent could buy from the Mildreds if the pile got low, but they would have to have almost as much of the trash-bait. The best thing this card does is trash Alt-VP/Duchies for up to $10 at the end of the game. Mildred, Duchy, Gold, Silver, Copper is worth the last 2 Provinces (ending the game and providing 9VP).

Theda
A Bishop variant that gives you a buy and doesn't let your opponent trash. It also King's Courts your Cursers and gets rid of them as the last Curses are sent out. It also Salvages (+1 coin) your Coin. I like that it gives no specific Curse benefit. Too strong.

Dolores
I would have to go through too many hoops to get anything of value from this card, since I nearly always don't want to spend $5 on a card that turns my Estates into 2 coppers.

Pola
Initially, this is a weak Upgrade. I like that this can create a race for a card so that you have more trash-fuel. I do not like what this could do to 4 player. If the 2 supply pile ability included trashing itself, I might think the card would be more balanced. Seems okay.

Anita
I don't want to enable a fight over the trash, especially since another player can get an Anita easily. I have a similar problem with Trade Route. Seems balanced.

Edna
One of my favorite fan cards is Copper Smelt from the Clockwerk fan expansion, presumably by Schlippy. I like how this can work in multiples and how this works with different Copper/Estate ratios in your hand. If this is weak, make the copper counting +$1 counting instead. Seems fun.

Norma
An Ambassador that does a Salvager impression. If you trash a Copper/Curse alongside any card, you get money equal to the cost. It needs the on-gain to prevent it from being insane. Like Bishop, if other people are buying this, you have less need to because of the free trashing. Seems fun. This creates an awkward decision if you have your initial 5 coppers in hand, but I dislike opponents getting 5/2 splits anyway.

Gloria
This needs to be tested. The best use of this is to turn 2 coppers into a Gold. A version could be made with up to $5 without much other change. It would still gain a Royal Seal, Venture, or Contraband.

Anna
I don't want to trash anything $5 cost because my opponent would get an Anna, too.

Hedy
Trash up to four cards from your hand.  For each card trashed, +$1.
A stronger Chapel. Often, this lets you get two $4 by the time you have done this twice. I would never not get this.

Greta
What if this misses the reshuffle! The Horror!

Louise
You need only to say "that shares a type". I don't think it is a big deal if that lets you improve a Tunnel because a Moat was revealed.
This is just a Expand with a restriction. An interesting restriction that makes it so you can only Expand that Estate if the opponent gets "lucky" by having an Estate from their deck discarded. I don't like that if they reveal a card type you don't have, you get nothing and lose out on your Action.

Mabel
Do you add all those numbers together? A Great Hall, Estate, Curse trash is worth 4+1+1+3= 9? Pearl Diver+Copper+Copper to Province. This card already generated a 2VP swing and a . It seems like a good way to counter Mabel is with itself, a proposition that is difficult with a 7-cost.

Renee
A treasure that can replace itself with a Duchy whenever you play it? Would people have much reason to get Duchies before the last reshuffle?

Zasu
This can create a situation in multiplayer where players lose their whole turn or take many curses. I think this would be better if the gained Curse went to the hand to mitigate other player's Zasus in multiplayer; however, this encourages using this card to trash one of them in 2 player. Seems okay.

Maria
Combining cards into your hand is fun, since Forged together cards are often Victory cards in the late game. It gives an Action so you can play the card. It doesn't create a bad 5/2 split. It only gives you a 2 cost card for a Copper-Estate trash, but that could be okay. If you have sufficient card draw to get 2 estates, you don't even need $2 kingdom cards to make this viable. Seems fun.

Janet
If you trash an Estate and a Copper, you get +$2, +2 Actions. This lets you play lots of actions early, and in the midgame this provides your engine with consistency while it shrinks your deck. Salvager gives you $2 for an estate, but it doesn't let you trash two. Curses get no unique bonus, which is good. Janet seems too versatile, so much so that everyone would get one.

Constance
I would much rather this give a choice of 1 silver or 1/2 its cost in Silver, rounded up. It covers the alternate treasures. Seems fun, I would like to trash a Platinum for 5 silvers in hand. That plus a Bank and buys is $16. Ha.

Colleen
So many moving parts, I would get AP. I can trash it, draw 2 cards +1 action, +$2, trash an Estate, draw another card. Now I have 5 cards in hand, +$2 I have to track, and an action. I play another one, not trashing itself, drawing a card, trashing a Copper, getting $2. I now have 3 cards and $4.

Eleanor
Why is this a Reaction? Like other 5 cost trashers here, it doesn't do much with Copper, Curse, or Estate. The net benefit of this card is it does a Throne Room and gives an Action. Sometimes you can turn the engine piece you have too many of into the finisher, like a Lab to Horn of Plenty or a Smithy to a Village. Seems okay.

Virginia
This does nothing as an opener, though a cantrip shouldn't do much at the beginning of the game anyway. Eventually, this makes Duchies out of your 5 costs and lets you correct when you bought the wrong cards and transition out of cursing. This is the most I would want a 2 cost doing, so seems fun.

Jean
Only with 2 different $2 cost cards would this be good for an estate. If that happens with a 5/2 opening, this would be a huge advantage. With any other circumstance, this is a junky late-game card only for turning 5 costs into Duke and Duchy.

Fay
It is not very often that you can get a Victory card costing one more than a Treasure. Island, Gardens, or SR from Silver? Cost-reducing effects? That is all the possible reasons and this card isn't good with those.

Marion
You need to discard an action to make this a Remodel. If the best you can do is discard 2 actions to make an Estate a 5-cost action, your deck has gone really wrong.

Carole
A dig-through-the-deck Remodel. It seems significantly better because you still get to play with the cards in your hand. You have the same number of cards to choose from. Remodel is weak, but a near strict improvement isn't the answer.

Alice
No special Action bonus? Trashing coppers it is like a weak Fishing Village. Trashing estates is a super-Aprentice, which is too strong. Trashing Curses is weaker than trashing copper. The effects could be better balanced here.

Marlene
It is an Almoner. For this fan set, I don't want another one. Another set, sure.

Paulette
Like an Evelyn that provides a "coin", but cannot but Provinces in games without a seven or nine cost. I want to buy Provinces.

Ethel
Ethel give you very explicit things for things in your hand. It turns Estates into Silvers in hand like a better Salvager. It turns Duchies into Golds in hand. It turns Golds into Platinum and Province (OH MY!) and Silvers into Duchies and Gold. Really, it is self contained in that multiple plays of this give you excess Duchies in the midgame you turn into Gold later.
There has been a lot of talk on the Province reveal. I'd like the bonus to be that other players can discard a Province to draw a card, though yours has a relationship with discard attacks.
Doesn't work well for Venture/Quarry/Royal Seal/Stash/Talisman/ FG or 3, 4, or 6 cost VP, when it really should.

Sarah
This needs another clarification for new players that Victory cards aren't played. It plays like a Salvager, you can trash a gold for $3 more than it would produce, etc. A Sarah CCEE Hand is only worth 2, so it is worse at trashing Coppers than Loan. A bad late-game only trasher like Develop.

Billie
Turn 3 Estates over the course of a game into +$5 +$1 buy after 4 or more plays of this card. Gain Victory points around half the cost of cards you trash. No trashing for the opponent. No VP or coin for trashing Copper/ Curse. It sounds so similar to Bishop, but less streamlined.

Joan
A cursing attack that can create a very nasty situation in multiplayer. It could dominate games and empty Estate and Curse piles so quickly, whoever got the most Joan plays (for the Victory points), would win.

Olive
Like an Evelyn that doesn't have +1 action. It nearly always gains a Silver. I don't like it because it looks better than Upgrade and too good with a 5/2 opening. None of the Evelyns (reading from the bottom) let you get rid of Coppers yet.

Bebe
Like an Evelyn that doesn't let you use the +Action for another action but lets you gain a Victory card. I am not worried about a player trashing a card for a Duchy, but I am worried about people taking Silvers and using the action for another thing. I think this is more fun than Evelyn.

Lya
A trasher that is also a "I bought the wrong card" or transition out of cursing card. A card that replaces itself and becomes an Almoner or gives a 2 cost action for an estate is too strong. Compare to Upgrade.

Brigitte
This seems different for the sake of it. You can't get a Gold from a Silver, but why? Is that too strong? You can't get a Platinum from a Gold, but you don't want to lose the Gold from your hand that turn.

Mae
The scaling could be improved. It is rare that you want to trash a 5 cost, even rarer that you would trash a 7 (OK, Forge sometimes) or 9 cost. The benefit could be increased significantly.

Corinne
Estate-Victory attempts are fun. You can use this to trash another Corinne for 2 VP and an estate, play $6, buy a Corrine and an estate. With 6 Estates, this is worth 3. You may have played this to gain 6 VP. You lose the split on Provinces 2/6 and have won Duchies 4/2 and have 3 of this card. They have ~42 and you have ~36. This would play much better in an alternate VP game or when 3-piling.

Geraldine
The best part about Remake is that you can trash 2 cards, if 2 were estates you get 2 cards costing 3. This one means I can't trash 2 estates, but I get the two 3 costs anyway. Too similar.

Patsy
Trash a Curse, 2 coppers, and an Estate for a 5 cost. A lucky break. Most of the time it is a Silver-gaining Chapel, but you can upgrade a stranded silver from your hand into a 5 cost if you want it instead of 2 silvers. I like that it makes you trash what you wouldn't normally, but it seems too strong. If you can increase your handsize before this, this can gain a Province, a fun edge case.

Thelma
Turn a card into 2 weaks one on your deck. Getting 2 Duchies from a Gold is pretty weak (since you can't play the gold and could've gotten a Duchy instead of a Thelma). The best uses for this are Border Village and Peddler. This can trash a single curse or copper, but not an estate (it becomes 2 copper).

Evelyn
If you trash an Estate, you get a 3 cost in hand, so that makes it worth about +2 coin +1 action, gain a 3 cost card. Compared to Salvager, that seems fine, since this card can't ensure you get $8 when greening. Seems fun.

Betty
A Forge-Transmute. Cute. The only trasher that draws cards like that is Masq. I could see this being fun.

Blanche
Weird. It could be made versatile if it could trash 1 of anything without the gaining.

Pearl
So much text. Why not just make one attack scale on the card you trash. Trash a card. Draw 3 cards. If it the trashed card was an Action, +1 action. If it was a Victory card or Curse, each other player draws a card. Each other player discards cards until they have 3 cards in their hand.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2012, 11:04:30 am »

Am I the only one who things trashing two coppers and gaining a Gold is absurdly good?  You don't usually Steward away 2 coppers, but Stewarding a copper and an estate is a common play.  Incentivizing a double copper trash with Gold instead seems too much.

Or, better comparison.  Vault is possibly the only card in Dominion that guarantees a Gold gain with an unattacked hand.  It costs 5$, doesn't remove two crappy cards from your deck when you use it that way, and gives other players a benefit to compensate for how powerful it is!

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2012, 11:34:15 am »

I also think that's pretty ridiculous.

One Armed Man

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2012, 11:37:38 am »

Vault also Guarantees a province in any hand with a Gold or 2 Silver (and equivalents). Vault is the best Tactician enabler and lets you redraw the same cards for benefit over and over. It also is a card drawer. You could be right, but that is the only thing Vault does and Gloria-BM doesn't seem that strong to me.

Steward is also a flexible card that costs less. The better comparison is Remake.

Gloria could still probably get the number changed to "up to $5" safely. It makes it only interact with Venture/ Contraband/ Royal Seal/ Stash/ IGG instead (and to an extent Quarry/ Talisman).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:47:58 am by One Armed Man »

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2012, 12:22:40 pm »

Paulette
Like an Evelyn that provides a "coin", but cannot but Provinces in games without a seven or nine cost. I want to buy Provinces.
Contraband keeps you from buying Provinces some of the time, too. You can always not play the card when you intend to buy a province. Also, I don't understand the part about 9 cost cards?

One Armed Man

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2012, 12:26:21 pm »

You can attempt to buy a province in a game with Paulettes and Colonies, you don't keep the Province, you get a Platinum instead. That is the only "point" to attempting to buy a province.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2012, 02:22:01 pm »

I have feedback for all of them, but, there's already so many comments for everyone to read (I have read all of them now)

I think the Province reveal on whatchamacallit is necessary if you think about it, and is a neat drawback to select for an otherwise strong card.

It would be a cute combo with Tournament.

Tdog

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +133
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2012, 06:29:40 pm »

But, the upside of Gloria is 3 golds and it becomes a glorified Transmute after. It needs support to be good, which could be in the way of an engine.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2012, 06:56:07 pm »

Some thoughts on some of the Trash for Benefit cards (Challenge #6), by category:

Gain something less

I really like the new idea of trashing a card and gaining one that costs less.

Marlene and Lya are almost identical. Marlene forces you to gain and is $1 cheaper than Lya which gives you the option of gaining. I like them both.

Clara, Dolores, Renee, Corinne, and Thelma are the others that seem to fit in this category, and for the category overall I like Clara the best. It’s like a more powerful Bishop that only works on Victory cards. For example, when you play Clara with an Estate, it’s like you Bishoped it and got the Baron bonus. In addition, the card gives you the ability to use the green in your deck later in the game to get more green. Cool!

There are some cards that focus on trashing and gaining a card of the same cost, but those didn’t seem nearly as interesting to me. Personal preference, I guess.

Type Matters

Of the cards where Type matters for either ability to trash or benefits received, I like Louise and Janet. Louise is a nice, limited Expand. Janet feels like a nice combination of Steward and Tribute which makes sense to me at $4.

Dorothy and Betty are competing to be the next Transmute – but I don’t think either really works. Theda, Gloria, Anna, Mabel (the IGG externality; ugh!), Colleen (should it read: “Otherwise, +1 Card and you may trash…”?), Virginia, Alice, Ethel, Joan, Brigitte, Mae, and Pearl all miss the mark with me for one reason or another.

Cost Matters

I really like Sarah. I like alternate Treasures, and I would certainly find this card more interesting to play than Loan in a lot of Kingdoms. Of the other cards that care about the cost of the cards trashed, nothing really strikes me.

Other Thoughts

I really like the incentives in Pola to trash useful cards (I’d take Pola over Mildred), but I am worried that it gives too much benefit for trashing curses in Attack-heavy games. But wait -- maybe this would play out as an incentive to not attack so much and to run out the curse pile? Hmmm, now that I think about it, that is a very interesting knife-edge incentive!

I also like that Edna utilizes Coppers in an interesting way, but I’m not sure how this would play in practice.

Constance seems really cool. I like the way it allows other players to also trash a Treasure and gain a Silver. I am not at all concerned about it being too strong.

[Disclaimer: One of the cards mentioned in this post is mine.]

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2012, 07:03:21 pm »
+1

Are the disclaimers necessary?  One of the cards I mentioned in my early response was mine too. :P

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2012, 07:23:13 pm »

From challenge #5 (which I did not enter), the card I liked most was Hardy.

Hardy actually looks pretty strong.  It is like a non-potion Apothecary that can also grab itself and other $2 cards (cheap cantrips, FG).  The drawback is that it doesn't have an automatic +1 card, and it only looks at 3 cards.  I think these slight nerfs to Apothecary make it workable at only $2.

Maybe it's too strong...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:24:44 pm by eHalcyon »

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2012, 11:26:38 pm »

Mary
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Look at the top card of your deck. You may trash it. If you do, gain a card costing up to $2 more than the trashed card, putting it on top of your deck.
I feel like we saw this in the other challenge, for $5 and weaker than this.  I think this might be slightly too strong with it being "may".  I'd like it more at maybe $5 with a little more strength.

Lillian
$5 - Action
Trash this card. Discard any number of cards. Put your deck into your discard pile. Search your discard pile for up to two cards costing up to $6, reveal and trash them. For each trashed card, gain a card costing at most $1 more than the trashed card.
Ok, I don't even know what's going on here.  Trash this and up to 2 cards to gain a card $1 more than what?  PASS.

Dorothy
$3 - Action
Trash 2 cards that are not Victories from your hand.
If you trashed any Curses this way, gain a Curse.
If you trashed any Treasures this way, gain a Silver.
If you trashed any Actions this way +3 Cards.
This is very, very, very weird.  You obviously want to trash an Action and a Treasure, but doing so will gain you a silver and restore your hand to 5.  I think just "trash 2 cards" is stronger imo.

Clara
$5 - Action
Trash a Victory card from your hand.  If you do, +2 VP, +$4, and gain a Victory card costing less than the trashed card.
Good with Alt. VP.  Bad without it.  I like it.  Maybeee too good with Alt. VP.

Mildred
$5 - Action
+1 Buy
Trash a card from your hand.  If it is an Action or Victory card, +$10 and -$1 for each copy of that card remaining in the Supply.
--
(Rules clarification: If you trash action card X and there are only 4 Xs left in the supply, you would get +$6.)
Toooo strong.  Compare to Salvager for $4.  A 5/2 start is "gg" if they draw it with an estate.  Turn 3 +   Never mind misread it.  Probably balanced-ish, although I'm not sure it's likely to be much stronger overall than say, Salvager or Trade Route for the additional cost.

Theda
$5 - Action
+1 Buy
+$1
+1 VP
Trash a card from your hand.  If it is an...
Action card, play it three times.
Treasure card, +$ equal to its cost.
Victory card, +VP equal to half its cost in coins, rounded down.
Either get a KC effect, a Bishop effect, or a Salvager.  I think it might be better with TR effect than KC (or a boost to the others, I'm not sure)

Dolores
$5 - Action
Trash a card from your hand.
If this is the first [This Card] that you have played this turn, gain two cards costing less than the trashed card, adding them to your hand.
Otherwise gain three cards costing less than the trashed card, adding them to your hand.
This is strong -- Probably too strong.  But maybe not.  When compared to Develop... I mean it's better, but is it?  With a village, probably yes.  Without?  I'd go no.  I mean, at least with Develop (it might be slow) but you can trash estates for top-decked silvers and eliminate coppers.  Here... you can't get rid of them.  Trashing a gold for top decked KC-Wharf is probably stronger than any combo here.  So now I think it's too weak... it's not a TFB, it's a gainer!

Pola
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Buy
You may trash a card from your hand. If the supply pile of the trashed card is empty, gain a Duchy. If the supply pile of the trashed card and another supply pile is empty, you may gain a Province instead.
Early on, it's a non terminal, but slow trasher without benefit.  It's good for trashing curses, but other than that, the piles that run out you probably won't want to trash anyway, at least until the second pile ends.

Anita
$4 - Action
+$1 per differently named card in the Trash pile.
Normally this would be somewhere around 2-3, so alright.  Could be good, but probably balanced.

Edna
$3 - Action
Choose one: trash a card from your hand, gaining a number of Coppers equal to its cost in coins, putting them into your hand; or trash any number of Coppers from your hand, gaining a card with cost exactly equal to the number of Coppers you trashed.
I love, love, love this card.  I have no idea if it's balanced, but I still love it.  I'd make it cost 2 though, because the beauty/strength is it's weakness.  It's like a Salvager, but soo much worse while being better at the same time.  Plus it works with Coppersmith/Counting House, so YES!

Norma
$4 - Action-Attack
Trash two cards from your hand. If they are the same card, each other player gains a copy of that card. Otherwise, +$ equal to the difference in cost between the two.
--
When you gain this, each other player may trash a card from his hand.
I don't like this.  On one hand it can be an ambassador, we've seen that at $3 (albeit a strong 3).  The other option?  It's a steward without the options, but with a cash benefit... maybe.  I don't like combining the 2 together.

Gloria
$4 - Action
Trash up to 2 cards from your hand. If you trashed 2 cards that share a type, gain a card costing up to $6 that shares a type with both the trashed cards.
The first statement -- Trash up to 2 cards.  That's alright, but weak for a $4 card.  The interesting part is the second part.  Trash 2 coppers... gain a gold.  Trash 2 estates... gain a duchy.  Trash 2 actions... I'm not even sure.

Anna
$5 - Action
+1 Card
Search the trash for cards costing 5 or more. If there's a...
Action Card: +2 Actions
Treasure Card: +$1, +1 Buy
Victory Card: +2 Cards
Don't like it.  Trash interaction like this = bad.

Hedy
$4 - Action
Trash up to four cards from your hand.  For each card trashed, +$1.
Chapel with a cash benefit, boring.

Greta
$7 - Action
Trash any number of cards from your discard pile. Add their costs.
For each $3 in the total cost, choose one: +$1, or +1 VP.
For each P in the cost, choose one: +P or +1 VP.
--
(Rules clarification:  "P" represents a Potion symbol.)
Trash any number (ie. Forge) is already dangerous, but the fact that you don't even need them in hand?  Bad idea.  If you draw it at the end of your reshuffle?  Bye-bye all coppers/curses/estates and I don't CARE that I don't get much of a benefit past that.  And if you happen to say have... peddlers in your discard/ used Cursers... just broken as a card.

Louise
$5 - Action
The player to your left reveals and discards the top card of his deck. You may trash a card from your hand of the same type. If you do, gain a card costing up to $3 more than the trashed card.
--
(Rules clarification: Type refers to the set {Treasure, Victory, Action, Curse}. If a dual-type is revealed, you may trash a card that shares a type with the discarded card.  For example, Harem is turned over; you may trash a card that has type Treasure or Victory.)
Weak and swingy.  First off you might not have the card type in your hand, in which case it's a sea hag after the curses are out.  Action is almost always dead, because chances are with the randomness you'd rather play ANY other action first.  And if everything works out perfectly, then you get an Expand.

Mabel
$7 - Action-Victory
1 VP
Trash up to 3 cards from your hand.  Gain a card costing up to...
4 x # of Action Cards trashed
3 x # of Curse Cards trashed
2 x # of Treasure Cards trashed
1 x # of Victory Cards trashed
--
When you gain this card, each other player gains a Curse.
Interesting card.  Costing 7 this draws comparisons to Forge.  Gives good bonuses for trashing curses and actions, with a lot less for treasures and victories.  Trash any 2 actions, or 3 curses, gain a province.  Trash 3 coppers, gain a gold.  The curse giving is interesting, as you can't rush them with a cost of 7 (like IGG) but it makes sense for a card that trashes curses to also give curses.

Renee
$5 - Treasure
Worth $2
When you play this, you may trash a card you have in play. If you do, you may gain a card costing at most as much as the trashed card.
--
(Rules clarification: This card can trash itself.)
Another TFB that loves Peddler, otherwise probably only good on the last turn to turn this (or another 5 action) into a duchy.  I guess there might be other uses I'm missing.

Zasu
$4 - Action-Attack
+$2
+1 Buy
Trash a card from your hand. For every 2 coins in the trashed card's cost, each other player chooses to discard a card or gain a Curse.
--
(Rules clarification: The opponent can choose a combination of discarding and curses.)
I don't really like this.  Trashing weak cards, it's basically a better Salvager.  After about 3, it's still better because of the discard.  I'd like it much better as +$3 and costing 6, so it's not available T1.

Maria
$6 - Action
+1 Action
Trash two cards from your hand. Gain a card costing up to the total cost of the trashed cards, putting it into your hand.
It's a non-terminal forge, limited to 2 cards, and bringing it in hand.  Good if you can trash a 3 and 4 into a KC and use it... bad, if you draw it with Coppers/ Estates.

Janet
$4 - Action
Trash up to two cards from your hand.
If you trashed any Treasure cards, +2 Actions.
If you trashed any Action cards, +2 Cards.
If you trashed any Victory cards, +$2.
I like this, but it might be too good.  It just feels broken in a draw to X engine.  Play this, trash a copper and estate, play library.  It's like a Festival on steroids for that.

Constance
$5 - Action
Trash a Treasure card from your hand.  Gain a Silver in hand for each coin in the Treasure's face value.
Each other player may trash a Treasure card from his hand, and gain a Silver in hand.
--
(Rules clarifications: Trashing Bank, Fool's Gold, Horn of Plenty, or Philosopher's Stone give no benefit to the player, as these cards have 0 or unknown face value.  This restriction does not apply to other players who choose to trash a Treasure card.)
Trash a copper, gain a silver in hand.  Trash a silver, gain 2 silvers in hand.  Cross between trader and mine, not sure it's strong enough to warrant a penalty.  I'd prefer an on-gain penalty if anything (When you gain this, each other player may trash a Treasure card from his hand, and gain a silver in hand.)

Colleen
$4 - Action
You may trash [This Card] when you play it.  If you do, +1 Card, +1 Action, $2.
+1 Card
You may trash up to two cards from your hand.  For each Action card trashed, +1 Action; for each Treasure card, $2; for each Victory card, +1 Card.
This feels like a cross between Ironworks, Mining Village and Chapel.  Early on, trashing 2 coppers nets you $4 and 1 card, as opposed to a moneylender which trashes 1 copper for $3 and is already decently strong.  And the trash benefit is probably too good.  The main problem with trashers (chapel, remake) are they stay in your deck past usefulness.  This turns into a one-shot Grand Market + Laboratory AND it gets out of your deck.  Lower that benefit and I like it.

Eleanor
$5 - Action-Reaction
+2 Actions
You may trash a card you have in play (including this). If you do, gain a card other than [This Card] with the same price as the trashed card or lower, putting it into your hand.
Seems broken with KC, but then again most cards are.  Otherwise it's probably pretty balanced.

Virginia
$2 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
You may trash an Action or Treasure from your hand.  If you do, gain a card with the same cost; put it into your hand.
Such a weak action.  It's good as a counter to Swindler, but other than that the only use I see is Peddler?  You can't even turn curses into coppers.

Jean
$5 - Action
Gain 2 differently named cards of the same cost.
--
(Rule clarification: 2 differently named from each other, not from the trashed card.)
First off, rules question.  What if there aren't 2 differently named cards of the same cost?  Do we just gain 1 card?  Do we gain no cards?  Do we just gain 2 of the same card?  Past that... I'm not sure I like the card.  You can't use it to clear out bad cards, so you're left with a mint-like effect... but unless there are multiple cards at the same price you want, it won't be that good.  Trashing gold for gold-goons is good, but it just seems too situational.

Fay
$2 - Action
+1 Action
Trash this card. Trash a Treasure card from your hand. Gain a Victory card costing up to 1 more than the trashed Treasure card.
Good with alternate VP/Treasures, weak otherwise.  Like super weak.  Even with them, super weak.  Because this card costs $2, its available early game but you don't want it then because trashing treasure for victory cards early is bad news.  Late game, you can turn silvers... into estates?  Gold's into duchies?  And it's mandatory 1 shot?  So if you don't use it, is a curse?  I'd like this card if it was a cantrip with a "May" clause.  Well, it'd still be weak, but for 2, probably not tooooo weak.

Marion
$4 - Action
Discard any number of Action cards and trash a card from your hand. If you do, gain a card costing exactly $1 plus $1 per card discarded more than the trashed card.
I don't like this.  For this to be as good as remodel, you need to discard 2 actions.  What kind of a deck will have 2 out of 4 cards be actions?  An engine deck.  But... why will an engine deck want to discard it's actions, instead of playing them? 

Carole
$4 - Action
Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Trash one of them. Gain a card costing up to $2 more than the trashed card. Put the gained card together with other revealed cards on top of your deck in any order.
It's like remodel BUT it doesn't hurt your current hand AND you'll get to see the new card soon.  Almost always better, but still not overpowering.  I like it!!!  (And I hate plain remodel)

Alice
$4 - Action
+2 Actions
Trash a card from your hand. If it is a...
Treasure card: +$2
Victory card: +2 Cards
Curse: Gain a Copper, putting it in your hand
No bonus for trashing Actions?  Which are arguably the cards least likely to be trashed anyway.  But probably balanced, even if slightlyyyyy weak.

Marlene
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Gain a card costing less than the trashed card; put it in your hand.
WATER FOR ELEPHANTS! lol.  Anyway, I can't tell much of the use for this card (not named Peddler).  Trash a gold for lab in hand?  Situationally good I guess, but... you could have just bought the lab instead of the gold.  I'd prefer it at $2 OR a boost and put it at $5 to compete with Upgrade.

Paulette
$4 - Action
Trash a card from your hand, then gain a card costing exactly $1 more than the trashed card; put it into your hand.
--
While this is in play, when you buy a card, trash that card and gain a card costing exactly $1 more than the trashed card.
I like the main action part, but I hate the second part.  Definitely needs a "May" clause.  Because otherwise, short of $7's, you CAN'T get provinces with this out there.  Plus, you can never get a $2 card.  Plus I don't like the extra trashing, maybe "While this is in play, when you buy a card you may gain a card costing exactly $1 more instead."

Ethel
$5 - Action
Trash a card from your hand. If it is a...
- Treasure card, gain a Treasure card costing exactly $3 more, and a Victory card costing exactly $2 more;
- Victory card, gain a Treasure card costing exactly $1 more and put it into your hand.
Each other player may reveal and set aside a Province. At the start of his turn, he discards it and gets +$1.
I feel like we've seen this card before... But anyway, ridiculously strong with Harem (Gain Bank in hand, and Platinum/Province to boot!).  Otherwise, you probably won't want to trash coppers, trashing estates is good, Silvers is iffy, and its much better with Platinum available.

Sarah
$3 - Treasure
Worth $0
When you play this, trash a card in play that you own. +$ equal to half the cost in coins of the trashed card, rounded down.
--
(Rules clarification: [This Card] can trash itself. If you trash a Treasure, you do not lose the money that Treasure produced.)
This is decent, but weak.  I guess it's good late to trash a gold as that should get you a province. 

Billie
$4 - Action
Choose one:
Trash a card from your hand, gain 1 [This Card] token per $ in its cost, plus 2 if it has potion in it OR return any number of [This Card] tokens to the supply, +$1 or +1 Buy per returned token.
--
Every 2 [This Card] tokens are worth 1 VP.
So it can be a bishop, minus the $1 and the opponent benefit.  Or you can save up for a mega turn.  Interesting.

Joan
$4 - Action-Attack
+1 VP
Trash a card from your hand. If it's a Victory card, each other player gains a Curse. If it's a Curse, each other player gains an Estate.
Obviously, it's designed to be strong with trashing either of the cards mentioned.  Even if you trash a copper, the benefit is better than say, salvager.  So not bad.  Might also need a generic +$1, not sure.

Olive
$2 - Action
Trash a card from your hand. Gain a card costing up to $1 more than the trashed card; put it into your hand.
This is good.  Maybe too good.  Trash estate, gain silver in hand.  This just gives 5/2 another sick opening.  Plus it gives Mint another sick opening.  As short of terrible luck, you should have a deck T4 of like SSCCMEG and this.

Bebe
$4 - Action
Trash a card from your hand. You may gain a card costing up to $1 more than the trashed card. If you do, play it immediately.
First off I feel like it should be worded differently so people don't try and "play" victory cards.  Good for salvaging odd hands:  This/Silver/Nobles turns into a throned nobles potentially.  But... too niche for my liking.  Kind of like develop.

Lya
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand. You may gain a card costing the same as or less than the card trashed, putting it into your hand.
Same as Marlene, for $1 more.  And my comments are the same.

Brigitte
$4 - Action
+1 Action
Trash a Treasure or Action card from your hand.
If you trashed a Treasure, gain an Action card costing up to $3 more than the card trashed.
If you trashed an Action, gain a Treasure card costing up to $3 more than the card trashed.
A non-terminal Expand that has limits on it for $4?  Might be too strong.  But I do like the concept.  Maybe at $5 would be better.

Mae
$3 - Action
If it is worth:
At least $1: +1 Card
At least $3: +1 Action
At least $5: +1$
At least $7: +1 Buy
At least $9: +1 VP
I assume you get all the benefits below it?  (ie. gold gives card/action/$).  Even still it's weak.  Yes it's cheaper than Apprentice, but trashing a gold for 1 action and 6 cards is just SO much better than 1 card/action/$.  Yes it's cheaper than Salvager, but trashing a gold for $6 and a buy is just SO much better than 1 card/action/$.  Yes... it's the same price as Develop, but trashing a gold for a top decked KC/ X is just SO much better than 1 card/action/$.  Catch my drift?

Corinne
$4 - Action-Victory
+1 Buy
You may trash a Victory card from your hand. If you do, +2 VP and gain a differently named Victory card costing up to the cost of the trashed card.
--
Worth 1 VP for every 2 Estates in your deck (rounded down).
Good with Alt-VP.  I actually like this, although I think this is weird. 

Geraldine
$4 - Action
Trash a card. Gain 2 non-Victory cards costing up to $1 more than the trashed card.
Hm, I could see the uses of this card, but I doubt it's a game changing card.  The non-Victory clause makes it not useful-late game, and early game you probably won't want 2 cards costing $1 more than what you trash.  So it's a midgame trasher/gainer.  Like develop.  But better?  I'm not quite sure about that one.

Patsy
$4 - Action
Trash any number of cards from your hand. Gain a card costing less than $2 per number of differently named cards trashed.
Again, ANY is very dangerous to have on a card, especially with a cost of only $4.  But keeping that out of mind, it's probably alright.  Trashing 2 different cards for a silver, meh.  3 for a gold, pretty good.  4 (curse/copper/estate/silver?) for a province is really good.

Thelma
$5 - Action
Do this twice: gain a card costing less than the card trashed and place it on top of your deck.
In my mind this is almost always going to be worse than Develop.  Which is the worst (Hi Chancellor!) one of the worst $3 cards.

Evelyn
$4 - Action
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand. Gain an Action or Treasure card costing up to $1 more; put it into your hand.
I feel like we've seen something like this above.  Probably alright, trashing estates works well with this card.  Not good for copper trashing.  Has niches outside of that, but seems good.

Betty
$4P - Action
+2 Cards
Trash any number of cards. If they are all:
Action cards: Gain a Duchy.
Treasure cards: Gain a [This Card].
Victory cards: Gain a Gold.
What?  What, what, what?  This costs $4P?  Are you KIDDING me?  It's a transmute that you can trash multiple cards with, but they have to be the same type of card to get ANY bonus.  And many people already think 'Mute is one of the worst cards in the game.  Now you get to... trash 3 coppers and gain 1 of these?  Pass!

Blanche
$2 - Action
Trash an Action card from your hand. Gain 2 cards of the same cost as the trashed card.
Definitely don't want to open with this, as it's a curse in your deck early.  I guess it's EXTREMELY useful late game to turn a Witch into 2 duchies, OR a peddler into 2 provinces... pass that, yawn.  So I guess it's overpowered just for that possibility.

Pearl
$5 - Action-Attack
If it was a Treasure card: gain a Silver, and each other player gains a Copper.
If it was a Silver, each other player gains a Curse.
If it was a Victory card: +3 Cards, +1 Action, and each other player discards down to 3 cards in hand.
If it was an Action card: Gain an Action card costing up to $4, and each other player puts cards from his hand on top of his deck until he has 4 cards in hand.
Ok, this is interesting.  Trashing a copper... meh.  Trash a Silver to gain a silver and each player gains a copper/curse... good, but basically worse than Mountebank.  Trashing an estate... very good(!).  Action one seems weak, I'd like it better at costing up to $5.

General comments:
Some unique card ideas, but some of these I think people don't realize just how similar their cards are to existing cards (ie. develop)  Also I don't like the fact that almost all of these (like most TFB) make Peddler realllllllllly good.  But fun to go through them all.
A man on a mission.

nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +186
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2012, 12:16:25 am »

Patsy
$4 - Action
Trash any number of cards from your hand. Gain a card costing less than $2 per number of differently named cards trashed.
Again, ANY is very dangerous to have on a card, especially with a cost of only $4.  But keeping that out of mind, it's probably alright.  Trashing 2 different cards for a silver, meh.  3 for a gold, pretty good.  4 (curse/copper/estate/silver?) for a province is really good.

As I read it, the card is slightly weaker than this because it reads "less than" rather than "up to."  Trashing four different cards ==> less than $8 (not a Province), so you'd need to trash five different cards to make that happen.  But, you're right... if you ever trash 5 differently named cards with this, you can gain a province/platinum, and you got to trash 5 differently named cards.  Sounds like a good deal to me... dangerously good.

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2012, 12:34:28 am »

As I read it, the card is slightly weaker than this because it reads "less than" rather than "up to."  Trashing four different cards ==> less than $8 (not a Province), so you'd need to trash five different cards to make that happen.  But, you're right... if you ever trash 5 differently named cards with this, you can gain a province/platinum, and you got to trash 5 differently named cards.  Sounds like a good deal to me... dangerously good.

(and 6 for a Colony.) But how often do you have 5 differently named cards you want to trash? Maybe to consolidate green during an alt-VP rush...

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2012, 02:03:25 am »

Paulette
$4 - Action
Trash a card from your hand, then gain a card costing exactly $1 more than the trashed card; put it into your hand.
--
While this is in play, when you buy a card, trash that card and gain a card costing exactly $1 more than the trashed card.
I like the main action part, but I hate the second part.  Definitely needs a "May" clause.  Because otherwise, short of $7's, you CAN'T get provinces with this out there.  Plus, you can never get a $2 card.  Plus I don't like the extra trashing, maybe "While this is in play, when you buy a card you may gain a card costing exactly $1 more instead."

You don't play Contraband when you want to buy a Province, either. I think it's okay for there to be cards that you don't always want to play, and for abilities be good sometimes and bad sometimes. It's already half a Remaking Post stapled to a Bridge; I don't think it needs to be made stronger.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2012, 10:23:29 am »

Powerman, I think you misread Marion.  It only takes one action discard to match Remodel.  And it gets half a remake no questions asked.  I don't think it's all that bad.

rinkworks

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +938
    • View Profile
    • RinkWorks
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2012, 10:36:05 am »

Some general thoughts about the Trash For Benefit cards:

- Somewhere in the secret histories, Donald said he tried experimenting with a Remodel variant that put the new card(s) in hand, but everything he tried along these lines was too crazy.  Mine is okay because it only works on Treasures, but having them work on Action cards led to degenerate game states, apparently.  I'm too lazy to look for the reference (someone chime in if they know), but I don't recall that it went into detail.  Anyway, I'm nervous about judging cards that do this without understanding better what Donald meant.  It's conceivable if unlikely that we could succeed where he did not, but if we don't understand what the problems were, we probably won't circumvent them very well.

- Non-terminal Remodel variants that allow replacing one card with another at the same cost make me nervous just because of the possibility of loading up on these quickly (possibly using the ones you've already got to get more, depending on the specific card in question) and then playing them all in a row to exhaust some other pile in a turn or two.

- Both of the above together is almost certainly degenerate:  Use one to gain another to hand, then play it to gain another to hand, etc, and presto, the pile is gone.  Of course you need the right fuel to continue the chain like that, but if you can often do this two or three times in a single turn, that's enough to beef up the Player 1 advantage in a huge way and/or lead to very luck-based games, favoring whatever player draws the right fuel cards in hand first.

These concerns don't necessarily apply in every case, but they're things to think about.  I think both these categories -- and the Trash For Benefit one in particular -- are unusually difficult to judge without actual playtesting.

Mecherath

• Baron
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2012, 11:06:55 am »

A simple solution to replacement cards exhausting piles is to Return to the Supply instead of Trash.  They don't fit the contest anymore, but the impact to your deck is the same.  I think of Ambassador as trashing, even though it's not.

Doesn't help you get to the 3-pile ending anymore, but if there's a lot of Power-5s, the substitution effect is enough.

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2012, 11:38:52 am »

Powerman, I think you misread Marion.  It only takes one action discard to match Remodel.  And it gets half a remake no questions asked.  I don't think it's all that bad.

Ah, I did misread it.  This makes it slightly better, but still IMO nothing special.  If you happen to draw it with 2 extra actions you don't want to play to make it a cheap expand, alright, but I doubt it would be better than say... a worker's village to let you just play the actions instead of discarding them, no?
A man on a mission.

rspeer

• Witch
  • Respect: +877
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2012, 01:16:11 pm »

As I read the card, once the Jannings pile runs out, you start picking up the regular deck-clogging curses.  In multiplayer, this could happen quickly because Jannings is a kingdom card and only has 10 in the supply whereas curses increase with the number of players.  Hence, this could be very strong in 2P, but weaker in 3P or 4P games.

I think this card compares favorably to Trader.  Although Trader isn't guaranteed to be in your hand for the reveal, it is great against Mountebank, Witch and Torturer... essentially slowing these attacks down and gaining a silver in their place (which helps with the inevitable deck clog). 

Also, Ambassador could still dole out the regular curses and there's nothing Jannings can do about it.  There are some attack boards for which this curse typing card is strong, and others where is less strong.

This strikes me as a lot of speculation about nonsense. Nobody has ever defined a non-Curse Curse that makes any sense whatsoever in Dominion, and this includes Jennings.

rspeer

• Witch
  • Respect: +877
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2012, 01:36:58 pm »

Virginia
$2 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
You may trash an Action or Treasure from your hand.  If you do, gain a card with the same cost; put it into your hand.
Such a weak action.  It's good as a counter to Swindler, but other than that the only use I see is Peddler?  You can't even turn curses into coppers.

Marlene
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Gain a card costing less than the trashed card; put it in your hand.
WATER FOR ELEPHANTS! lol.  Anyway, I can't tell much of the use for this card (not named Peddler).  Trash a gold for lab in hand?  Situationally good I guess, but... you could have just bought the lab instead of the gold.  I'd prefer it at $2 OR a boost and put it at $5 to compete with Upgrade.

General comments:
Some unique card ideas, but some of these I think people don't realize just how similar their cards are to existing cards (ie. develop)  Also I don't like the fact that almost all of these (like most TFB) make Peddler realllllllllly good.  But fun to go through them all.

You think the non-terminal cards that gain arbitrary Action cards in hand are too weak? Think of all the cases where there are $4s that decline in usefulness and $3s that are excellent in specific situations, and the only reason they cost less is that you can't guarantee they'll be in your hand at the right time. But now you can.

Think of turning Spice Merchant into Menagerie or Sea Hag into Masquerade, for example. And with 10 cards in a Kingdom, there will probably be some less obvious ways to get exactly the card you need at exactly the right time. I'm going to go with rinkworks and worry that these are too strong. If anything, the requirement on Marlene that the card has to cost less is a reassuring safety valve.

I'm also not concerned about cards that are spectacular when they trash Peddler for benefit. That's a feature of such exotic cards as Salvager, Apprentice, and Remodel. It's pretty much part of the purpose of Peddler.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2012, 03:44:24 pm »

- Somewhere in the secret histories, Donald said he tried experimenting with a Remodel variant that put the new card(s) in hand, but everything he tried along these lines was too crazy.  Mine is okay because it only works on Treasures, but having them work on Action cards led to degenerate game states, apparently.  I'm too lazy to look for the reference (someone chime in if they know), but I don't recall that it went into detail.  Anyway, I'm nervous about judging cards that do this without understanding better what Donald meant.  It's conceivable if unlikely that we could succeed where he did not, but if we don't understand what the problems were, we probably won't circumvent them very well.
If he was trying a REMODEL variant, that implies that the value of the cards increased.  Increasing value can lead to degeneration in ways that same or less value can't - you can load up on them and transform all the coppers and estates in your deck into engine components or [Remodel variants] which you then use immediately.  The deck thinning (turning starting cards into at least cantrips) combines with the card improving to degenerate things.  It also totally obviates the need for Treasure cards or money making terminals because you can just use remodelling to get all the way to Province.  It's the difference between a Pearl Diver engine and a Peddler engine, one adds value with repeated use.

Your guess that the supply piles were the problem doesn't make sense since the return to supply solution exists and we've seen it on Ambassador.

---
Amongst the content rinkworks destroyed here, I pointed out that Remodel-into-hand stacks, while Swindle-into-hand does not stack, once you've decided you want Sea Hag to be a Quarry, it doesn't help to change it into a Quarry again.  But Supermodelling a copper into an Estate and then into a Quarry is a stacking effect.  Whether something stacks is a huge aspect of potential for degenerate gameplay - Outpost is one of the least degenerate cards in Dominion.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:39:51 pm by popsofctown »

rinkworks

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • RinkWorks
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2012, 04:04:58 pm »

If he was trying a REMODEL variant, that implies that the value of the cards increased.  Increasing value can lead to degeneration in ways that same or less value can't - you can load up on them and transform all the coppers and estates in your deck into engine components or [Remodel variants] which you then use immediately.  The deck thinning (turning starting cards into at least cantrips) combines with the card improving to degenerate things.  It also totally obviates the need for Treasure cards or money making terminals because you can just use remodelling to get all the way to Province.  It's the difference between a Pearl Diver engine and a Peddler engine, one adds value with repeated use.

I'm very much unconvinced that this is the whole of the problem, or even necessarily part of it.  You'll still need Treasures (or Treasure-producing actions, which can be a suitable a substitute regardless), because Remodelling your starting cards into Provinces would be absurdly slow, even if you got to use the intermediate actions immediately on the way up.  This would be true even if you could go up by $2 each time, but nothing says the jump couldn't be just $1.

Similarly, transforming all of your starting cards into Pawns (say) is something you can already do with Remodel and would hardly be suddenly game-breaking if you can put the Pawns into play on the turns you get them.

Your guess that the supply piles were the problem doesn't make sense since the return to supply solution exists and we've seen it on Ambassador.

We don't know this is something Donald tried on a Remodel variant.  If he did, we don't know that he rejected it because it didn't solve the problem.  It might well have introduced another, namely that such a card would not sufficiently advance the game toward an end state, and there's another debate we've had recently.

Anyway, I'm not saying he didn't, or that supply rushing is the main hazard here.  I just don't think you can be that confident you know what the playtesting problems were.  It's not self-evident.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:08:56 pm by rinkworks »

rinkworks

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • RinkWorks
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2012, 04:08:23 pm »

Darn it.  I knew that was going to happen sooner or later.

pops:  I tried replying to your message but had hit 'Modify' instead of 'Quote' and didn't notice until I'd saved it.  As a result, I overwrote your original post with my reply (now seen in a separate message).  I tried restoring your original post, but I'd cut some of the original text.  I apologize profusely.  Feel free to re-edit.

I wonder if I can disable my new ability to modify other people's posts.  I don't need to do be able to do that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 21 queries.