Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Mini-Set Design Contest, Challenges #5 and #6!  (Read 54491 times)

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
Re: Mini-Set Design Contest, Part 3!
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 08:43:11 am »

I've been testing some of the winners of previous contests and would like to get a discussion going at a centralized place. The current contest threads discuss all the ideas at a somewhat theoretical level, while also talking about fairness, voting systems, rules questions about the contest, etc. I'm sure people are going to actually start testing, too, right?

I think it would be a good idea to get a thread going, called 'Mini-Set Design Contest, Playground!' or something. Or - better yet - a sub forum with a thread for every card (if the admins are ok with that).

Is this overkill? Would you rather just continue the discussion in the current contest-threads? Besides, I would like to know how definitive the winning cards are. On one hand, we don't want to mess with the card that got the votes - it's what the community wanted. On the other, testing is really important and some cards may need some work. What's the game plan?

For now, I'll just post in the contest-threads. I can always move my comments around.

I'd love to see a sub-forum dedicated to this project. If not that, then at least a testing thread seems like a great idea.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 08:56:00 am »

I've been testing some of the winners of previous contests and would like to get a discussion going at a centralized place. The current contest threads discuss all the ideas at a somewhat theoretical level, while also talking about fairness, voting systems, rules questions about the contest, etc. I'm sure people are going to actually start testing, too, right?

I think it would be a good idea to get a thread going, called 'Mini-Set Design Contest, Playground!' or something. Or - better yet - a sub forum with a thread for every card (if the admins are ok with that).

Is this overkill? Would you rather just continue the discussion in the current contest-threads? Besides, I would like to know how definitive the winning cards are. On one hand, we don't want to mess with the card that got the votes - it's what the community wanted. On the other, testing is really important and some cards may need some work. What's the game plan?

For now, I'll just post in the contest-threads. I can always move my comments around.

I'd love to see a sub-forum dedicated to this project. If not that, then at least a testing thread seems like a great idea.

Maybe a subforum called "Contests and Votings" where the first/main thread gets pinned and links to all sub-threads. This would also fit to my Dominion Lists series. ;)

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 11:23:09 am »

Qvist: but then that subforum would be a weird hodgepodge of different subjects.

I'm OK with a subforum for this, but I'm afraid it might cause it to disappear from view? 

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 11:28:27 am »

I agree with theory. Maybe it would be best creating a meta-thread and optionally pin that.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 11:37:43 am »

I think I found all the topics related to this contest, but if you find any more PM me and I'll move them here too.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2012, 11:43:58 am »

This time I think I'll do better than last 2. :D

Yeah, me too. I think my card got some partially unwarranted stick from the last contest, mostly because it looked too similar to a previous card, despite being months old (and playing completely differently) :(
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2012, 11:50:12 am »

Thing is I can hardly be worse, as last 2 times I had a card with 0 points in last place. :D

Dubdubdubdub

• Golem
  • Respect: +124
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2012, 11:58:49 am »

I think I found all the topics related to this contest, but if you find any more PM me and I'll move them here too.

Great, thanks!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2012, 02:41:43 pm »

I completely missed the deadline for this.  :-[

Oh well, good luck to the submitters in this more broad contest!
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2012, 02:43:21 pm »

If you're quick, Rink might still accept your entry :P. But maybe not. Depends on if he sees deadlines as deadlines, or fuzzy-maybe-lines.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

rinkworks

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +937
    • View Profile
    • RinkWorks
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2012, 03:08:08 pm »

Yeah, you can probably still squeeze it in.  I don't expect to be able to post today's ballots until later in the day today, but if you get it in before I do, that's good enough.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2012, 03:11:57 pm »

If EDT observes DST, there's probably some wiggle room.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2012, 04:05:30 pm »

That's what the D stands for. :)  EDT is EST+1.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2012, 04:31:16 pm »

Unless someone lives in Indiana.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

jamuspsi

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2012, 04:56:31 pm »

I thought I'd missed it, then saw rink's post and threw together my ideas.  They are consequently probably terrible!  But I'm hoping for a better showing than thirty-somethingth place like my last entries. :X

rinkworks

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • RinkWorks
Re: Mini-Set Design Contest, Challenges #5 and #6!
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2012, 10:06:12 pm »
+1

Here is the ballot for Challenge #5!

--

Voting Rules:

Each person may cast votes as follows:  For each Challenge, you may fill your ballot out in one of two ways:

(1) Award 3 points to one entry.  Award 1 point to any number of other entries.
(2) Award 2 points to each of two entries.  Award 1 point to any number of other entries.

Submit your votes via PM to me by Thursday, July 26, 2012, 10am EDT in the following format:

Challenge 1

3 CardName
1 AnotherCardName
1 StillAnotherCardName
1 AnotherCardNameGoesHereToo

Challenge 2

2 CardName
2 AnotherCardName
1 StillAnotherCardName

Please use the above format!  One card per line, with the number of votes given before it, and no extra punctuation or anything.  This will make it easy for me to copy-and-paste your votes into the format my vote-counting script needs it to be in.

Do not submit votes for your own cards.  (If you do, my script will catch you anyway.)

By submitting vote(s) for a challenge, you will automatically earn 1 point for your entry in that challenge.  This is to incentivize contestants to submit votes.  (My script does this automatically, so don't worry that I'll forget to do this.)

Note that the supplied card names are for discussion/identification only -- they are not the card names that were submitted to me.  The proper card names will be revealed when the results are announced.  Whenever card text says "[This Card]" it means the submitted text says the card's own name there.

Inclusion on the ballot means that the card was deemed eligible for the contest.  You therefore do not need to consider eligibility when voting.  In some cases, this may mean a pretty loose interpretation of the eligibility requirements.  I tried to be fair but also forgiving when a submission came in that twisted the rules in a way I hadn't foreseen.

As a voter, you may use whatever criteria you wish in determining what your votes will be.  Be as forgiving or particular as you like concerning conformance to standard Dominion terminology.   For all winning cards, there will be a chance to tweak the wording as a community, if necessary, before they are canonized.

--

Keaton
$4 - Action-Attack
Discard two cards. If you discarded any cards this way, you may then put a card from your discard pile on top of your deck.
Each other player discards until they have three cards in hand.

Fairbanks
$3 - Action
+$2
You may put a card from your discard pile on top of your deck.

Chaplin
$4 - Action
+3 Cards
+1 Action
Put two cards from your hand on top of your deck.

Valentino
$6 - Action-Victory
2 VP
--
Reveal the top 5 cards of your deck. Discard 1, put the rest back in any order.
+$2 if you did not discard a Victory card.
--
When you gain this, each other player discards down to 3 cards in hand.

Lloyd
$5 - Action
+1 Action
If this is the first action you played this turn: Draw until you have 10 cards in hand, then place 5 cards on top of your deck in any order.

Gilbert
$5 - Action
+1 Buy
Reveal and discard the top card of your deck.  In its place, you may gain a Treasure costing up to the value of the card you discarded.

Langdon
$4 - Action-Attack
Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a card that is not a victory card.
Choose one: Gain a copy of that card, putting both copies on top of your deck; Return that card to the supply. Each other player gains a copy of it.
Discard the other revealed cards.

Linder
$4 - Action-Attack
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Each player (including you) reveals the top and bottom card of their deck. Choose whether they put the revealed cards back in the same place or swap their positions.

Laurel
$5 - Action
Look at the top 4 cards of your deck. Discard any number of them. Put the rest back on top in any order.
+1 Card for every card discarded.

Hardy
$2 - Action
+1 Action
Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put the revealed cards costing at most $2 into your hand. Put the other cards back on top in any order.

Hart
$4 - Action-Duration
Now and at the start of your next turn: +$1.
Put your deck into your discard pile, then search your discard pile for up to three cards, placing them face down underneath this card. When this card leaves play, put all cards underneath it into your discard pile.

Mix
$4 - Action
+$2
Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Trash the Curses, discard the Victory cards, place all Actions on the top of your deck in any order, place all Treasure cards on the bottom of your deck in any order.

Dix
$5 - Action
Look at the first five cards on top of your deck.  Put one card in your hand.  Discard two cards.  Put the other two on top of your deck in the order you choose.

Barrymore
$5 - Action-Duration
+5 Cards
Place up to 5 cards from your hand on top of your deck, in any order. Discard your hand.
During your cleanup phase, do not draw any cards. Instead, draw 5 cards at the beginning of your next turn.
--
(Rules clarification: if you played both [This Card] and Tactician (e.g. using a Golem), you draw no cards in your cleanup phase, and 10 cards at the beginning of your next turn: 5 plus the +5 from Tactician. If you played [This Card] with TR/KC, and/or multiple separate [This Card]s via Golem, you still draw only 5 cards at the beginning of your next turn.)

Jannings
$3 - Treasure-Curse
Worth +$2
You may trash one action card you have in play immediately. If you do, gain a Gold on your deck.
--
Worth -1 VP
--
(Rules clarification: This is a Curse as well as a Treasure. It is a kingdom card and does not replace the Curse pile. It may be gained by a player from cursing attacks instead of a regular Curse. It may be revealed and discarded as a Curse as a response to Mountebank.)

Veidt
$5 - Treasure
Worth $2
When you play this, reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a Victory or Curse card.  Discard the revealed Victory or Curse Card, and reshuffle all other revealed cards into your deck.  If you revealed no Victory or Curse Card, gain a Silver, placing it on your deck.

Stroheim
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
You may put your deck into your discard pile. Put a card from your discard pile on top of your deck.
--
When you buy [This Card], shuffle your discard pile into your deck.
--
(Rules clarification: You shuffle your discard pile into your deck before gaining this.)

Arbuckle
$4 - Action
+2 Cards
Discard any number of cards. You may shuffle your discard pile and put it on top of your deck.

Chase
$2 - Action
Look at the top 4 cards of your deck.  Reveal and discard up to 3 of them.  Put the rest back in any order.  If you revealed an..
Action card, +1 Card
Treasure card, +1 Action
Victory card, +$1

Fields
$3 - Action
+$2
If your deck is not empty, discard the top card.  Look through your discard pile; reveal one card and place it on top of your deck.

Carey
$6 - Action-Reaction
Name a card type.  If you named Action, +1 Action.  If you named Victory, +1 Card.  If you named Treasure, $1, +1 Buy.
Reveal the top three cards of your deck.  Place all cards of the named type in your hand.  You may discard any or all of the remaining cards.  Place any remaining cards on top of your deck in any order.
--
When you gain a card, you may reveal this from your hand.  If you do, you may trash that card.

Rogers
$4 - Action
+4 Cards
Trash a card from your hand.
Discard a card.
Put a card from your hand on top of your deck.
Each other player may trash a card from his hand.

Gibson
$4 - Action
Draw up to 10 cards in hand. Put any number of cards on your deck in any order. Discard down to 5 cards.

Hersholt
$4 - Action-Duration
Gain a Gold, putting it on top of your deck. Until the end of your next turn, when you play a Gold, trash it.

Farrell
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
--
While this is in play, at the end of your buy phase, you may look at the top five cards of your deck. Discard all or none of the cards looked at. If you discarded any cards in this way then you only draw 4 cards (instead of 5) in this turn's Clean Up phase.

(Note from rinkworks:  This card was ruled ineligible, due to the deck-improvement function not occurring on play.  Its creator submitted a replacement card, but I included the original on the ballot by mistake.  Votes for this card will not be accepted.)

Reid
$3 - Action
Count how many cards you have in play, including this. Look at that many cards from the top of your deck. You may discard any of those cards.
Choose one: +2 Cards or +2 Actions.

Colman
$5 - Action
Draw up to 3 cards.
Put up to 3 cards from your hand on top of your deck in any order. If you put 3 cards back, +1 action.

Ford
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Look at the top 5 cards of your deck.  Discard all duplicates.  Put the rest back on top in any order.
--
(Rules clarification:  You discard cards that are duplicates of other revealed cards, not cards that are duplicates of cards in your hand.)

Murray
$4 - Action
+1 Action
Name a card.
Reveal the top 5 cards of your deck.
Put the revealed named card(s) on top of your deck.
Discard the rest.

Beery
$5 - Action
+1 Action
Trash the top card of your deck.
Gain a card costing up to $2 more than the trashed card; put it on your deck.

Novello
$5 - Action-Attack
+3 Cards
Each player (including you) with 4 or more cards in hand puts a card from his hand on top of his deck.

Hayakawa
$5 - Action-Victory
2 VP
+1 Action
Look at the top 2 cards of your deck. You may put 1 of them into your hand. Put the rest back on top in any order.
--
When you gain this, look at the top 6 cards of your deck. Discard up to 3 of them. Put the rest back on top in any order.

Powell
$4 - Treasure
Worth $1
When you play this, name a Treasure card. Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal the named card. Discard the other cards. Put the named card on top of your deck.
--
(Rules clarification: You may name Treasures that aren't in the Kingdom.)

Robeson
$4 - Action
+4 Cards
+1 Action
Put 3 cards from your hand on top of your deck.

Meighan
$4 - Action
Look through your deck. Reveal and set aside up to 3 victory cards. Shuffle your deck. Return any set aside cards to the bottom of your deck in the order you choose.

Brook
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
If there are no cards on your [This Card] mat, set the top 5 cards from your deck face down onto your mat. Otherwise: You may put all the cards from your mat on top of your deck in any order.
You may look at the cards on your mat at any time; return them to your deck at the end of the game.

Nagel
$5 - Treasure-Reaction
Worth $1
Gain a Silver, placing it on top of your deck.
--
If this card is trashed in any way, reveal it and gain a Gold on top of your deck.

Maynard
$4 - Action
Look through your deck, then set aside three cards. Put the rest of your deck into your discard pile, then put the set aside card on top of your deck in any order.

Karloff
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Look at the top card of your deck. Either discard it or trash it. If you trash it, gain a silver, putting it on top of your deck.

Jones
$3 - Action
You may immediately shuffle your discard pile and put it on top of your deck.
You may immediately put your deck into your discard pile.
+1 Card
+1 Action

Krauss
$5 - Action-Attack
+1 Action
Either discard a card; if you do, +2 cards,
or put a card from your hand on top of your deck; if you do, +$2.
Each other player with at least 4 cards in hand reveals a card from his hand and either discards it or puts it on top of his deck, your choice.

Chaney
$5 - Action
Do this twice: gain a card costing less than the card trashed and place it on top of your deck.

Finlayson
$5 - Action
+5 Cards
+2 Actions
Put 5 cards on top of your deck in any order.

Menjou
$5 - Action
Look at the top 5 cards of your deck, draw up to two, put up to two back on top in any order, and discard the remainder.

Gowland
$3 - Action-Duration
+1 Action
Reveal the bottom two cards of your deck.  Choose two: Put a revealed card on top of your deck; put a revealed card into your hand; trash a revealed card.  The choices must be different.

Schreck
$5 - Action
Discard a card from your hand.  Gain a different non-victory card of the same cost, putting it on top of your deck.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:55:50 pm by rinkworks »

rinkworks

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • RinkWorks
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2012, 10:09:54 pm »
+1

Here is the ballot for Challenge #6!

--

Mary
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Look at the top card of your deck. You may trash it. If you do, gain a card costing up to $2 more than the trashed card, putting it on top of your deck.

Lillian
$5 - Action
Trash this card. Discard any number of cards. Put your deck into your discard pile. Search your discard pile for up to two cards costing up to $6, reveal and trash them. For each trashed card, gain a card costing at most $1 more than the trashed card.

Dorothy
$3 - Action
Trash 2 cards that are not Victories from your hand.
If you trashed any Curses this way, gain a Curse.
If you trashed any Treasures this way, gain a Silver.
If you trashed any Actions this way +3 Cards.

Clara
$5 - Action
Trash a Victory card from your hand.  If you do, +2 VP, +$4, and gain a Victory card costing less than the trashed card.

Mildred
$5 - Action
+1 Buy
Trash a card from your hand.  If it is an Action or Victory card, +$10 and -$1 for each copy of that card remaining in the Supply.
--
(Rules clarification: If you trash action card X and there are only 4 Xs left in the supply, you would get +$6.)

Theda
$5 - Action
+1 Buy
+$1
+1 VP
Trash a card from your hand.  If it is an...
Action card, play it three times.
Treasure card, +$ equal to its cost.
Victory card, +VP equal to half its cost in coins, rounded down.

Dolores
$5 - Action
If this is the first [This Card] that you have played this turn, gain two cards costing less than the trashed card, adding them to your hand.
Otherwise gain three cards costing less than the trashed card, adding them to your hand.

Pola
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Buy
You may trash a card from your hand. If the supply pile of the trashed card is empty, gain a Duchy. If the supply pile of the trashed card and another supply pile is empty, you may gain a Province instead.

Anita
$4 - Action
+$1 per differently named card in the Trash pile.

Edna
$3 - Action
Choose one: trash a card from your hand, gaining a number of Coppers equal to its cost in coins, putting them into your hand; or trash any number of Coppers from your hand, gaining a card with cost exactly equal to the number of Coppers you trashed.

Norma
$4 - Action-Attack
Trash two cards from your hand. If they are the same card, each other player gains a copy of that card. Otherwise, +$ equal to the difference in cost between the two.
--
When you gain this, each other player may trash a card from his hand.

Gloria
$4 - Action
Trash up to 2 cards from your hand. If you trashed 2 cards that share a type, gain a card costing up to $6 that shares a type with both the trashed cards.

Anna
$5 - Action
+1 Card
Search the trash for cards costing 5 or more. If there's a...
Action Card: +2 Actions
Treasure Card: +$1, +1 Buy
Victory Card: +2 Cards

Hedy
$4 - Action
Trash up to four cards from your hand.  For each card trashed, +$1.

Greta
$7 - Action
Trash any number of cards from your discard pile. Add their costs.
For each $3 in the total cost, choose one: +$1, or +1 VP.
For each P in the cost, choose one: +P or +1 VP.
--
(Rules clarification:  "P" represents a Potion symbol.)

Louise
$5 - Action
The player to your left reveals and discards the top card of his deck. You may trash a card from your hand of the same type. If you do, gain a card costing up to $3 more than the trashed card.
--
(Rules clarification: Type refers to the set {Treasure, Victory, Action, Curse}. If a dual-type is revealed, you may trash a card that shares a type with the discarded card.  For example, Harem is turned over; you may trash a card that has type Treasure or Victory.)

Mabel
$7 - Action-Victory
1 VP
Trash up to 3 cards from your hand.  Gain a card costing up to...
4 x # of Action Cards trashed
3 x # of Curse Cards trashed
2 x # of Treasure Cards trashed
1 x # of Victory Cards trashed
--
When you gain this card, each other player gains a Curse.

Renee
$5 - Treasure
Worth $2
When you play this, you may trash a card you have in play. If you do, you may gain a card costing at most as much as the trashed card.
--
(Rules clarification: This card can trash itself.)

Zasu
$4 - Action-Attack
+$2
+1 Buy
Trash a card from your hand. For every 2 coins in the trashed card's cost, each other player chooses to discard a card or gain a Curse.
--
(Rules clarification: The opponent can choose a combination of discarding and curses.)

Maria
$6 - Action
+1 Action
Trash two cards from your hand. Gain a card costing up to the total cost of the trashed cards, putting it into your hand.

Janet
$4 - Action
Trash up to two cards from your hand.
If you trashed any Treasure cards, +2 Actions.
If you trashed any Action cards, +2 Cards.
If you trashed any Victory cards, +$2.

Constance
$5 - Action
Trash a Treasure card from your hand.  Gain a Silver in hand for each coin in the Treasure's face value.
Each other player may trash a Treasure card from his hand, and gain a Silver in hand.
--
(Rules clarifications: Trashing Bank, Fool's Gold, Horn of Plenty, or Philosopher's Stone give no benefit to the player, as these cards have 0 or unknown face value.  This restriction does not apply to other players who choose to trash a Treasure card.)

Colleen
$4 - Action
You may trash [This Card] when you play it.  If you do, +1 Card, +1 Action, $2.
+1 Card
You may trash up to two cards from your hand.  For each Action card trashed, +1 Action; for each Treasure card, $2; for each Victory card, +1 Card.

Eleanor
$5 - Action-Reaction
+2 Actions
You may trash a card you have in play (including this). If you do, gain a card other than [This Card] with the same price as the trashed card or lower, putting it into your hand.

Virginia
$2 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
You may trash an Action or Treasure from your hand.  If you do, gain a card with the same cost; put it into your hand.

Jean
$5 - Action
Gain 2 differently named cards of the same cost.
--
(Rule clarification: 2 differently named from each other, not from the trashed card.)

Fay
$2 - Action
+1 Action
Trash this card. Trash a Treasure card from your hand. Gain a Victory card costing up to 1 more than the trashed Treasure card.

Marion
$4 - Action
Discard any number of Action cards and trash a card from your hand. If you do, gain a card costing exactly $1 plus $1 per card discarded more than the trashed card.

Carole
$4 - Action
Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Trash one of them. Gain a card costing up to $2 more than the trashed card. Put the gained card together with other revealed cards on top of your deck in any order.

Alice
$4 - Action
+2 Actions
Trash a card from your hand. If it is a...
Treasure card: +$2
Victory card: +2 Cards
Curse: Gain a Copper, putting it in your hand

Marlene
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Gain a card costing less than the trashed card; put it in your hand.

Paulette
$4 - Action
Trash a card from your hand, then gain a card costing exactly $1 more than the trashed card; put it into your hand.
--
While this is in play, when you buy a card, trash that card and gain a card costing exactly $1 more than the trashed card.

Ethel
$5 - Action
Trash a card from your hand. If it is a...
- Treasure card, gain a Treasure card costing exactly $3 more, and a Victory card costing exactly $2 more;
- Victory card, gain a Treasure card costing exactly $1 more and put it into your hand.
Each other player may reveal and set aside a Province. At the start of his turn, he discards it and gets +$1.

Sarah
$3 - Treasure
Worth $0
When you play this, trash a card in play that you own. +$ equal to half the cost in coins of the trashed card, rounded down.
--
(Rules clarification: [This Card] can trash itself. If you trash a Treasure, you do not lose the money that Treasure produced.)

Billie
$4 - Action
Choose one:
Trash a card from your hand, gain 1 [This Card] token per $ in its cost, plus 2 if it has potion in it OR return any number of [This Card] tokens to the supply, +$1 or +1 Buy per returned token.
--
Every 2 [This Card] tokens are worth 1 VP.

Joan
$4 - Action-Attack
+1 VP
Trash a card from your hand. If it's a Victory card, each other player gains a Curse. If it's a Curse, each other player gains an Estate.

Olive
$2 - Action
Trash a card from your hand. Gain a card costing up to $1 more than the trashed card; put it into your hand.

Bebe
$4 - Action
Trash a card from your hand. You may gain a card costing up to $1 more than the trashed card. If you do, play it immediately.

Lya
$4 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand. You may gain a card costing the same as or less than the card trashed, putting it into your hand.

Brigitte
$4 - Action
+1 Action
Trash a Treasure or Action card from your hand.
If you trashed a Treasure, gain an Action card costing up to $3 more than the card trashed.
If you trashed an Action, gain a Treasure card costing up to $3 more than the card trashed.

Mae
$3 - Action
If it is worth:
At least $1: +1 Card
At least $3: +1 Action
At least $5: +1$
At least $7: +1 Buy
At least $9: +1 VP

Corinne
$4 - Action-Victory
+1 Buy
You may trash a Victory card from your hand. If you do, +2 VP and gain a differently named Victory card costing up to the cost of the trashed card.
--
Worth 1 VP for every 2 Estates in your deck (rounded down).

Geraldine
$4 - Action
Trash a card. Gain 2 non-Victory cards costing up to $1 more than the trashed card.

Patsy
$4 - Action
Trash any number of cards from your hand. Gain a card costing less than $2 per number of differently named cards trashed.

Thelma
$5 - Action
Do this twice: gain a card costing less than the card trashed and place it on top of your deck.

Evelyn
$4 - Action
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand. Gain an Action or Treasure card costing up to $1 more; put it into your hand.

Betty
$4P - Action
+2 Cards
Trash any number of cards. If they are all:
Action cards: Gain a Duchy.
Treasure cards: Gain a [This Card].
Victory cards: Gain a Gold.

Blanche
$2 - Action
Trash an Action card from your hand. Gain 2 cards of the same cost as the trashed card.

Pearl
$5 - Action-Attack
If it was a Treasure card: gain a Silver, and each other player gains a Copper.
If it was a Silver, each other player gains a Curse.
If it was a Victory card: +3 Cards, +1 Action, and each other player discards down to 3 cards in hand.
If it was an Action card: Gain an Action card costing up to $4, and each other player puts cards from his hand on top of his deck until he has 4 cards in hand.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:50:27 pm by rinkworks »

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2012, 10:18:21 pm »

I think you posted Chaney in the wrong challenge - I was trying to figure out how it improved the top of your deck!

EDIT: Nevermind, looks fixed now. I was either getting the challenge posts mixed up, or you did some ninja editing!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:20:57 pm by Schneau »

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2012, 10:28:16 pm »

Maybe I have a bad feel for this, but a lot of these trash for benefits look REALLY overpowered.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2012, 11:12:15 pm »

On TFBs:

I like how Mildred and Pola tracks something different -- empty supply piles -- which still qualifies for the contest requirements.  The neat thing about using empty supply piles is that those are usually cards that are popular buys that you normally wouldn't want to trash.  The exception would be Curses.

Mildred -- maybe $10 is too much even if the Supply pile is empty.  Might be OK since it's a $5 card and needs time to build up, and it's terrible for trashing starting Coppers and Estates.  Interestingly, it can usually trash Curses for benefit in a 2p game but cannot do so in a 4p game until all the curses are nearly gone!

Pola -- only has benefit when piles are empty.  Probably not something you'll want most games, but you could probably build some interesting mega-turn strategies with it.

Norma is an interesting way to make use of two targets.  A neat, unique variation on Ambassador.

I like Louise as an unreliable $5 Expand.

I thought Constance was too strong at first, but I think it may be OK.  Trashing Silver just nets +$2 (in the form of an extra Silver) and trashing Gold nets +$3.  It is kind of like Trader.  I think I like it.

I really like Sarah as a Loan variant.  This would be a good way to transition into a moneyless engine.  Since it trashes a card in play, you can reliably trash Copper (no accidentally flipping a your Silver and Gold four times in a row).  Once Coppers are cleared out, you can continue to use it to trash other cards for +$, or you can just let it trash itself out of your deck for $1.  The fact that it gives $0 on its own hurts a little, but I think it makes it work at $3.

Olive is interesting and might be OK at $3.  The primary use in most games would be to trash Estate into Silver in hand.

I like how Brigitte promotes a mixed strategy.  I think the first part should just not specify type, so that you could trash Victory cards and Curses for no benefit.

Anita and Anna both use the same novel idea, though I think they stretch the card requirements in that the benefit is not fully based on the card that is trashed.  Nonetheless, the card that is trashed may influence the benefit... so I guess they count.  And they are pretty cool.

Greta could result in so many choices, man.  :o

Mabel is unclear -- do you gain up to 3 cards then, if you trash three different types?

Fay is really awkward without alt VP and/or alt Treasure on the board... Trashing Copper gets you nothing.  OK.  Trashing Silver would force you to take an Estate.  Trashing a Gold only gets you a Duchy.  I guess that's why it's OK at $2, but I don't know.  It would be a way to get $4 VPs from Silver.  But with that Silver you probably had enough to buy the $4 anyway, without hurting your treasure density.  You could trade up Bank to Province.  But you won't be able to do that until later in the game, which means you don't want to buy Fay until later in the game since it trashes itself.

Paulette is interesting but the "while in play" restriction is awkward.  It basically means you can't buy Provinces unless there is a $7 card in the Kingdom.  You can't buy Colony for sure.  You can't buy any $2 cards either.  Also, what happens when you have more than one Paulette in play?  My best guess -- you do the trashing for the first one in play, then the rest don't due to the "Lose Track" rule.

Billie looks just like Bishop with extra bells and whistles.

Bebe is very similar to Olive.  The "play it immediately" clause would be very neat -- you can have a mini-Black Market effect! -- but it may also cause you to "play" Victory cards.  That might also be cool, but it has no precedent, hmm.

Adrienaline

• Baron
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2012, 12:22:19 am »

I'm a little disappointed you haven't done science based names. I'd love to decide whether Carbon seems more powerful than Oxygen, or whether Boron is good value for money :)

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2012, 12:47:15 am »

Keaton
$4 - Action-Attack
Discard two cards. If you discarded any cards this way, you may then put a card from your discard pile on top of your deck.
Each other player discards until they have three cards in hand.
A militia variant.  Instead of +$2, you get -2 cards and put one on top of your deck.  Seems weak as is.  +1 action would be huge, because this is probably only useful with Witch/Strong Terminals.

Fairbanks
$3 - Action
+$2
You may put a card from your discard pile on top of your deck.
Seems decently strong when compared to Woodcutter/ Chancellor, but probably not overly powered.

Chaplin
$4 - Action
+3 Cards
+1 Action
Put two cards from your hand on top of your deck.
Seems weak when compared to Courtyard.  You lose a card in exchange for an action, and the loss of the card (this keeps your hand at 5 cards) probably makes the action less valuable.

Valentino
$6 - Action-Victory
2 VP
--
Reveal the top 5 cards of your deck. Discard 1, put the rest back in any order.
+$2 if you did not discard a Victory card.
--
When you gain this, each other player discards down to 3 cards in hand.
On gain Militia is a bad idea... to quote Donald X "Maybe it's for the best that you'll never experience the joy of a when-gain discard-based attack just sitting there, promising that any hand you draw might be taken away, even if no-one has even bought the card yet."

Lloyd
$5 - Action
+1 Action
If this is the first action you played this turn: Draw until you have 10 cards in hand, then place 5 cards on top of your deck in any order.
Seems overpowered.  Way too good with FG, easy to match up KC/X, Village/ Torturer, match 2 Treasure maps.  Not good for big money, but for engines any turn you start with this in hand is golden.  (Hi scheme!)

Gilbert
$5 - Action
+1 Buy
Reveal and discard the top card of your deck.  In its place, you may gain a Treasure costing up to the value of the card you discarded.
Weak, weak, weak.  Good (basically) if and only if you discard a Province to gain a gold, but even that compared to Explorer is nothing special.  Most of the time you'll gain a silver, which is worse than Bureaucrat.

Langdon
$4 - Action-Attack
Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a card that is not a victory card.
Choose one: Gain a copy of that card, putting both copies on top of your deck; Return that card to the supply. Each other player gains a copy of it.
Discard the other revealed cards.
Seems alright.  If you hit a gold/silver, you'll get 2 on top.  If you hit a curse/copper, you'll get a card similar to Ambassador.

Linder
$4 - Action-Attack
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Each player (including you) reveals the top and bottom card of their deck. Choose whether they put the revealed cards back in the same place or swap their positions.
Seems alright as Village + A bonus for $4.  Not sure I'd take it over the others, but definitely better than regular village.

Laurel
$5 - Action
Look at the top 4 cards of your deck. Discard any number of them. Put the rest back on top in any order.
+1 Card for every card discarded.
Seems alright, but weak.  If you don't discard any cards this is a terminal scout (BAD).  If you discard all 4, it's +4 cards, but no inspection at all.  Discarding 2 makes it an oracle in effect.

Hardy
$2 - Action
+1 Action
Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put the revealed cards costing at most $2 into your hand. Put the other cards back on top in any order.
Seems overpowered, especially early game.  Early game, it's basically +1 Action / +3 Cards, and if you keep your cheap card count high, it stays that way.

Hart
$4 - Action-Duration
Now and at the start of your next turn: +$1.
Put your deck into your discard pile, then search your discard pile for up to three cards, placing them face down underneath this card. When this card leaves play, put all cards underneath it into your discard pile.
Basically, this is make 3 cards miss the reshuffle?  With a lighthouse bonus.  Interesting, but probably weak.

Mix
$4 - Action
+$2
Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Trash the Curses, discard the Victory cards, place all Actions on the top of your deck in any order, place all Treasure cards on the bottom of your deck in any order.
It gives +$2, so it's probably alright there for $4.  I like it, no matter what cards you reveal it helps you, either a little or a lot.  Although, it makes Navigator look silly bad.

Dix
$5 - Action
Look at the first five cards on top of your deck.  Put one card in your hand.  Discard two cards.  Put the other two on top of your deck in the order you choose.
Um... This is much much worse than Cartographer.  The ONLY benefit this has is you might draw a different card into your hand, but you lose flexibility in number discarded/kept, and it's terminal.  Pass.

Barrymore
$5 - Action-Duration
+5 Cards
Place up to 5 cards from your hand on top of your deck, in any order. Discard your hand.
During your cleanup phase, do not draw any cards. Instead, draw 5 cards at the beginning of your next turn.
--
(Rules clarification: if you played both [This Card] and Tactician (e.g. using a Golem), you draw no cards in your cleanup phase, and 10 cards at the beginning of your next turn: 5 plus the +5 from Tactician. If you played [This Card] with TR/KC, and/or multiple separate [This Card]s via Golem, you still draw only 5 cards at the beginning of your next turn.)
Could be an interesting counter to discard attacks if I'm understanding this right.  Otherwise, seems weak.

Jannings
$3 - Treasure-Curse
Worth +$2
You may trash one action card you have in play immediately. If you do, gain a Gold on your deck.
--
Worth -1 VP
--
(Rules clarification: This is a Curse as well as a Treasure. It is a kingdom card and does not replace the Curse pile. It may be gained by a player from cursing attacks instead of a regular Curse. It may be revealed and discarded as a Curse as a response to Mountebank.)
REALLY strong.  I mean, when this is on the board, Witch becomes the worst card on the board.  The biggest thing with curses is NOT the -1 VP, it's the deck clogging.  This is a silver for all intensive purposes, plus it can trash weak actions (ie. cellar) for a topdecked gold?  Plus, confusing.  Ie. With torturer, does both this pile and the regular curse pile need to be empty for you not to gain a card?  Can you gain this into hand?  Torturer then reads:  Each opponent gets +$2.

Veidt
$5 - Treasure
Worth $2
When you play this, reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a Victory or Curse card.  Discard the revealed Victory or Curse Card, and reshuffle all other revealed cards into your deck.  If you revealed no Victory or Curse Card, gain a Silver, placing it on your deck.
Comparable to Venture/Royal Seal/ Silver Treasure with bonus.  Takes out a bad card if you have one, or gives you a guaranteed silver on top.  Not game breaking, but pretty good.

Stroheim
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
You may put your deck into your discard pile. Put a card from your discard pile on top of your deck.
--
When you buy [This Card], shuffle your discard pile into your deck.
--
(Rules clarification: You shuffle your discard pile into your deck before gaining this.)
I like it.  The probably with Chancellor is it's terminal... this is a cantrip.  This + Counting house can be super deadly.

Arbuckle
$4 - Action
+2 Cards
Discard any number of cards. You may shuffle your discard pile and put it on top of your deck.
I don't like it.  +2 Cards is generally weaker than +$2, and shuffling your discard is similar to chancellor's effect.  Only really good with Gainers (ie. University!) to get your good cards guaranteed on your deck right away.

Chase
$2 - Action
Look at the top 4 cards of your deck.  Reveal and discard up to 3 of them.  Put the rest back in any order.  If you revealed an..
Action card, +1 Card
Treasure card, +1 Action
Victory card, +$1
I just don't like it.  It seems powerfully weak.

Fields
$3 - Action
+$2
If your deck is not empty, discard the top card.  Look through your discard pile; reveal one card and place it on top of your deck.
Stronger than Woodcutter so not too weak.  Weaker than Menagerie/etc. so not too strong.  Could be good, but niche.

Carey
$6 - Action-Reaction
Name a card type.  If you named Action, +1 Action.  If you named Victory, +1 Card.  If you named Treasure, $1, +1 Buy.
Reveal the top three cards of your deck.  Place all cards of the named type in your hand.  You may discard any or all of the remaining cards.  Place any remaining cards on top of your deck in any order.
--
When you gain a card, you may reveal this from your hand.  If you do, you may trash that card.
Ok first off, it's a Watchtower reaction, but slightly weaker.  If you say Treasure, it's similar to Adventurer, but slightly weaker.  Victory is similar to Scout, but slightly weaker.  Action is similar to Laboratory, but slightly weaker.  Probably better priced at $5.

Rogers
$4 - Action
+4 Cards
Discard a card.
Put a card from your hand on top of your deck.
Each other player may trash a card from his hand.
Gives you an 8 card hand, so trashing one you should have one to trash.  Discarding, probably some victory card, or copper.  Card on top is probably another action, or excess money.  Trashing penalty is probably necessary to keep the card at 4.

Gibson
$4 - Action
Draw up to 10 cards in hand. Put any number of cards on your deck in any order. Discard down to 5 cards.
I kind of like this.  Basically this should leave you with 5 treasures, Actions/extra money on top, and victory's in the discard.  Strong for $4, as it leads to 2 good turns.  I'd prefer a slight increase in power and a price increase to $5.  As it makes Navigator look terrible.

Hersholt
$4 - Action-Duration
Gain a Gold, putting it on top of your deck. Until the end of your next turn, when you play a Gold, trash it.
I don't really like it.  You can't use it with BM as another Gold played cripples your deck.  Engines... well, it's not terrible, but nothing special.

Farrell
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
--
While this is in play, at the end of your buy phase, you may look at the top five cards of your deck. Discard all or none of the cards looked at. If you discarded any cards in this way then you only draw 4 cards (instead of 5) in this turn's Clean Up phase.
Ok, this turn it does nothing, simply replaces itself.  For next turn, you can self-minion yourself if you want to.  Weak, but not too weak.  It'd be more interesting with +$1, and only costing $2.

Reid
$3 - Action
Count how many cards you have in play, including this. Look at that many cards from the top of your deck. You may discard any of those cards.
Choose one: +2 Cards or +2 Actions.
BM, it's +2 cards... so weak.  Engines... well, if you have a bloated deck but draw this relatively late in your turn it's REALLY strong, otherwise it's still weak. 

Colman
$5 - Action
Draw up to 3 cards.
Put up to 3 cards from your hand on top of your deck in any order. If you put 3 cards back, +1 action.
Draw up to 3 cards is misleading (sounds like Library/Watchtower/JoaT).  Simpler with +3 Cards without changing the power much.  Other than that, not bad.

Ford
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Look at the top 5 cards of your deck.  Discard all duplicates.  Put the rest back on top in any order.
--
(Rules clarification:  You discard cards that are duplicates of other revealed cards, not cards that are duplicates of cards in your hand.)
Assuming I am reading this right (as in BOTH of the duplicates get discarded) seems alright.  Similar to gimped Cartographer, which it is.  Maybe too good though at $3.

Murray
$4 - Action
+1 Action
Name a card.
Reveal the top 5 cards of your deck.
Put the revealed named card(s) on top of your deck.
Discard the rest.
I don't like this at all.  Seems worse than Scout, TBH.  (If that's possible)  I cannot see a use for this card.  Proscribe gold... and discard 3 silvers, 2 coppers?  Would seem alright with "Name a card type".

Beery
$5 - Action
+1 Action
Trash the top card of your deck.
Gain a card costing up to $2 more than the trashed card; put it on your deck.
It's a non terminal remodel where you don't get to choose your card.  Would actually turn Spy into a decent card.  But I think it can be priced at $4.

Novello
$5 - Action-Attack
+3 Cards
Each player (including you) with 4 or more cards in hand puts a card from his hand on top of his deck.
So for you, this card is a courtyard (costing $3 more).  The attack is half a Ghost Ship.  Putting them together seems alright.  As courtyard >> moat, this should be comparable to GS.

Hayakawa
$5 - Action-Victory
2 VP
+1 Action
Look at the top 2 cards of your deck. You may put 1 of them into your hand. Put the rest back on top in any order.
--
When you gain this, look at the top 6 cards of your deck. Discard up to 3 of them. Put the rest back on top in any order.
Great Hall + 1 VP + Slight Spy + Weak on gain Effect.  Probably pretty balanced.

Powell
$4 - Treasure
Worth $1
When you play this, name a Treasure card. Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal the named card. Discard the other cards. Put the named card on top of your deck.
--
(Rules clarification: You may name Treasures that aren't in the Kingdom.)
Allows you to cycle as fast as you want.  Would work well with good treasures, but I just don't like the extra shuffling.  But not bad for Iso.  And probably balanced.

Robeson
$4 - Action
+4 Cards
+1 Action
Put 3 cards from your hand on top of your deck.
Courtyard variant.  I like Courtyard more.

Meighan
$4 - Action
Look through your deck. Reveal and set aside up to 3 victory cards. Shuffle your deck. Return any set aside cards to the bottom of your deck in the order you choose.
Yeah, this is weak, weak weak.  The problem here is if it isn't at the very end of the game, you're going to draw a dud hand eventually (3 Victory cards kills a hand without one of a few select cards), for a very minimal gain.  Probably better with +$1, maybee +$2.

Brook
$3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
If there are no cards on your [This Card] mat, set the top 5 cards from your deck face down onto your mat. Otherwise: You may put all the cards from your mat on top of your deck in any order.
You may look at the cards on your mat at any time; return them to your deck at the end of the game.
Not overpowered, but I don't like the effect.  Like a Native Village... but then again, not played like it at all.

Nagel
$5 - Treasure-Reaction
Worth $1
Gain a Silver, placing it on top of your deck.
--
If this card is trashed in any way, reveal it and gain a Gold on top of your deck.
The top part ($1, gain silver) is pretty weak.  The Reaction is really strong.  Upgrade this into a gold and a gold on top of your deck.  Develop this into 2 golds + Monument on top of your deck.  Could work, but I don't like it as is.

Maynard
$4 - Action
Look through your deck, then set aside three cards. Put the rest of your deck into your discard pile, then put the set aside card on top of your deck in any order.
Pick 3 card you haven't seen yet, and get them next turn.  Great with KC, easy TM collision, or guaranteed province next turn.  But it does nothing for this turn.  Interesting.

Karloff
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Look at the top card of your deck. Either discard it or trash it. If you trash it, gain a silver, putting it on top of your deck.
Either a dampened spy, or a weak trasher.  I like it better at $4, but a weak $5 is ok.

Jones
$3 - Action
You may immediately shuffle your discard pile and put it on top of your deck.
You may immediately put your deck into your discard pile.
+1 Card
+1 Action
I feel like I've seen this card before above.  Don't like the choice of the 2; stick with only one of them on the card.

Krauss
$5 - Action-Attack
+1 Action
Either discard a card; if you do, +2 cards,
or put a card from your hand on top of your deck; if you do, +$2.
Each other player with at least 4 cards in hand reveals a card from his hand and either discards it or puts it on top of his deck, your choice.
I don't like the action part, the attack part is interesting.  But pretty decent overall.

Chaney
$5 - Action
I don't like this.  It fails at the 2 cards you want trashed most: Coppers and Estates.  It only shines with Peddler, really, but don't all TFB cards?

Finlayson
$5 - Action
+5 Cards
+2 Actions
Put 5 cards on top of your deck in any order.
Don't like it with +2 Actions, too easy to set off action chain.

Menjou
$5 - Action
Look at the top 5 cards of your deck, draw up to two, put up to two back on top in any order, and discard the remainder.
This seems weak, compared to Cartographer.  But not too bad.

Gowland
$3 - Action-Duration
+1 Action
Reveal the bottom two cards of your deck.  Choose two: Put a revealed card on top of your deck; put a revealed card into your hand; trash a revealed card.  The choices must be different.
I like the choices here, solid card.

Schreck
$5 - Action
Discard a card from your hand.  Gain a different non-victory card of the same cost, putting it on top of your deck.
Seems weak.  You'd only want to gain good cards, but sacrificing them to gain one on your deck seems weak.  I don't like it for $5.  Maybe discard forge, gain KC?  Discard Gold, gain Goons?  But the discard penalty is still harsh.
A man on a mission.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2012, 12:48:25 am »

Okay, here's all the TFBs that I think are too powerful and some thoughts.

Mary- Might be fine, but maybe should cost five?

Theda- Doesn't feel like it needs all the automatic benefits, or even any of them.

Pola- Needs to cost 5, I feel.

Hedy- Chapel is already one of the best cards in Dominion. Raising the price to 4 doesn't justify making it unstoppable.

Janet- Seems borderline, another one that might need to cost 5.

Colleen- Super overpowered.

Joan- Powerful, and I feel like it would lead to unintersting games.

Patsy- Not as bad as Hedy, but still too powerful.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Adrienaline

• Baron
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2012, 01:12:32 am »

Gilbert
$5 - Action
+1 Buy
Weak, weak, weak.  Good (basically) if and only if you discard a Province to gain a gold, but even that compared to Explorer is nothing special.  Most of the time you'll gain a silver, which is worse than Bureaucrat.

Err, alt treasure? I can see this being awesome with Venture, Bank, and potentially useful with FG

iangoth

• Spy
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2012, 02:04:39 am »

Bebe is very similar to Olive.  The "play it immediately" clause would be very neat -- you can have a mini-Black Market effect! -- but it may also cause you to "play" Victory cards.  That might also be cool, but it has no precedent, hmm.

I imagine you would just try to play the vp card and fail, then it goes to your discard pile by default. If you did "play" the vp cards, it could make a difference for horn of plenty, and maybe a few fan cards, but I can't think of anything else. Could be fun in those cases, though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 23 queries.